Portsmouth administrators reveal club debts of £120m

Sonatine

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet HMRC rewrite the law so it can't happen again

tho I believe there is another case coming up between the FA and the PL v. HMRC about the whole subject

• 2 months later...
@danroan

Breaking: Portsmouth FC statement: "likely the club will now be closed down and liquidated" - they blame former owner Sacha Gaydamak

Poor bastards, haven't they been saying this for ages though?

@danroan

Breaking: Portsmouth FC statement: "likely the club will now be closed down and liquidated" - they blame former owner Sacha Gaydamak

The son of an arms dealer and money launderer, not that i'm saying there was any dodgy goings on at Pompey :razz:

@danroan

The son of an arms dealer and money launderer, not that i'm saying there was any dodgy goings on at Pompey :razz:

He wants a cash payment up-front...

nothing suss about that. :o

Absolute shyster of epic proportions that fella Gaydamak. Have mates who are Pompey fans who literally haven't got a fucking clue what they're going to do now their club has been ripped away from them - a club of course that's made it to the FA Cup final twice in the last three years.

Feel so sorry for the poor bastards :razz:

I think this fella Gaydamak is getting a lot of bad press, he did pass the fit and proper persons test so how bad could he be? :razz:

That test has only been around as a result of the carry on with Pompey earlier this year, has it not? Gaydamak owned the club between 2006 and 2009 I believe...

I think this fella Gaydamak is getting a lot of bad press, he did pass the fit and proper persons test so how bad could he be? :razz:

I may be corrected here but has anyone ever failed the "fit and proper persons"test? I don't think it has any credibility to be honest. I don't think the football authoritieshave the expertise or the power to make it meaningful.

I may be corrected here but has anyone ever failed the "fit and proper persons"test? I don't think it has any credibility to be honest. I don't think the football authoritieshave the expertise or the power to make it meaningful.

Sort of the point I was making. :o

Sort of the point I was making. :o

Sorry ewerk - not at the peak of my perceptive powers at midnight on a Friday - can't think why! :woosh:

Cheers

Percy