Red Dead Redemption

Tooj

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its really good, I'm not 100% on the story line so far but I've never really liked GTA stories and just seem to like riding everywhere and doing a bit of hunting.

Really like the shooting parts though.

Girlfriend got me it for my birthday, stuck it on for a quick 30mins last night, seems good!

getting the horse to turn the direction i wanted was slightly annoying at times though

try riding a horse. :wub:

Out of stock in game so a wasted journey when im meant to be on leave grr. got borderlands instead as ive heard good things.

Very good alternative, I'd advise you to play it with some friends, otherwise it would be a discredit.

Out of stock in game so a wasted journey when im meant to be on leave grr. got borderlands instead as ive heard good things.

Very good alternative, I'd advise you to play it with some friends, otherwise it would be a discredit.

Been playing since i last posted and i like it. It's ok on its own reminds me of fallout 3 i love it.

decided to try and see if your actions really do count, so i was doing all the missions regardless of who was asking, story started to peter out a bit then I have a conversation with the aging gunslinger in Mexico......

he tells me no one wants to talk to me because no one can trust me....hahaha, brilliant! time to get off the fence i suppose, should I be a rebel or a government lacky?

It's big enough yeah typical gta sorta size, the side quests for me get a bit repetitive and quite buggy at times.

Finding it really really easy, changed to expert targeting to make it a bit tougher.

Lad runs upto you "help me mister! they've rustled my horse!" you chase after said thief, get the horse bring it back to the owner let go to give it back to him and it bugs as he doesn't get on it and it wanders off.

It's good but i've enjoyed other games of its ilk more.

See i like all the side quests in these sorta games, i think thats why i enjoyed Fallout 3 so much and currently Borderlands. I find it confusing playing more than one RPG at a time so i think i'll wait til i have fully completed Borderlands before i buy Red Dead..by that time it might be cheap!

Pretty fantastic this. I'm finding myself wanting to do the side missions more than anything else. Only advancing the story when I really have to.

Going on bear hunting trips and the like is great.

I like side quests as well but these ones seem to be all the same, like hunting for a bounty, stopping a guy from being lynched and things like that.

it's not like in fallout where you goto the fireant town or that place where they worship the big tree and such.

It's alright though, i think i'll just have to play it in bits and not non stop like i normally do. I have god of war III as well so going to play it for a bit inbetween

In the Wild West, people generally weren't worshipping giant, talking trees like :lol:

Edited by A NICE HAT

Been scouring town today trying to find a copy, eventually led me to argos who are texting me in "about an hour" to let me know theyve had a delivery

I like side quests as well but these ones seem to be all the same, like hunting for a bounty, stopping a guy from being lynched and things like that.

it's not like in fallout where you goto the fireant town or that place where they worship the big tree and such.

It's alright though, i think i'll just have to play it in bits and not non stop like i normally do. I have god of war III as well so going to play it for a bit inbetween

In the Wild West, people generally weren't worshipping giant, talking trees like :lol:

har har

What i mean is the side quests aren't much different to each other and the little random world events are quite samey/buggy

I'm never sure who do shoot half the time. End up killing everyone so I don't get a bounty. :icon_lol:

har har

What i mean is the side quests aren't much different to each other and the little random world events are quite samey/buggy

I'm never sure who do shoot half the time. End up killing everyone so I don't get a bounty. :icon_lol:

Get up close and use non fatal shots- leg, gut.Then hogtie the one you need, finish the rest off.

Failing that....

... Use the Force Luke, use the Force.

Finally got hold of a copy at asda today

played the intro bit on the ranch now, going to give it some proper time later tonight to form my opinion

reminds me of gun a bit

Got my copy on Monday, also from Asda.

Played it for a few hours, seems reliant on the tried and tested GTA formula, which for me is becoming boring.

I like it though, the online play has some bugs to iron out, especially the loading screen glitch which is vastly affecting my experience.

I'll keep playing it, and give my definitive opinion in a few days.