Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Tooj said the other day that he probably strutted about when he was at Coventry but he looks totally out of his depth at Newcastle. You wouldn't imagine that it would get any easier for him in the Premier League.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen little in Bests game to convince me he is worth keeping. Even without the goals, the whole thing just looks wrong.

He's pretty poor, if he can't cut it against the bottom team in this league, he doesn't stand a chance next year. Shame we didn't try and give Ranger those minutes.

He's pretty poor, if he can't cut it against the bottom team in this league, he doesn't stand a chance next year. Shame we didn't try and give Ranger those minutes.

Another thing I was talking to Tooj about and he said it's a bit like how Lua Lua should've been given the time on the pitch Pancrate has had. Ditto Kadar when Enrique was out for a month instead of the kid from Chelsea. Tbf though, the results have been positive and it's hard getting every signing right when you haven't got a lot of money to spend. Best looks like a turkey though.

Tooj said the other day that he probably strutted about when he was at Coventry but he looks totally out of his depth at Newcastle. You wouldn't imagine that it would get any easier for him in the Premier League.

I agree with both you and JawD's comments below. He has looked poor, he has looked out of his depth and at present; there is little to indicate he can cut it in the prem. That might be down to his ability (or lackof therin) or it could be down to some of the stuff I mentioned earlier.

If someone offered us the right money (like what we paid) then get rid - I agree. Write it off as a bad choice and move on. I'd rather we didnt incur a big loss though by writing him off after 4months and taking a fraction of what we paid for him if you understand what I'm getting at.

Another thing I was talking to Tooj about and he said it's a bit like how Lua Lua should've been given the time on the pitch Pancrate has had. Ditto Kadar when Enrique was out for a month instead of the kid from Chelsea. Tbf though, the results have been positive and it's hard getting every signing right when you haven't got a lot of money to spend. Best looks like a turkey though.

Agree with that too.

Spot on-why give a kid from Chelsea time when we have a player on the books with bags of potential who needs 1st team time, and hasn't let us down. Exact same with Pancrate, he's been very poor, and Lua Lua is getting great reviews at Brighton.

Thing is, Lua Lua is settling at Brighton and getting good experience. Is it worth risking breaking the momentum and progress he's making by chopping and changing?

With Kadar though, I can't come up with a reason. Maybe they weren't sure enough about him? Obviously, I'm just guessing as much as the rest of us are.

Also, very early days, but the managers 3 options for strikers he looked at havn't been great.

Beckford has done fuck all at League 1 since Old Trafford

Best is gash

Moses isn't getting a start for Wigan(tbf, Martinez doesn't seem to rush younger players).

I worry what he'd do trying to sign an expensive striker.

d5f90c8e-233c-4920-aa91-b4418b03ac63.jpg

Spot on-why give a kid from Chelsea time when we have a player on the books with bags of potential who needs 1st team time, and hasn't let us down. Exact same with Pancrate, he's been very poor, and Lua Lua is getting great reviews at Brighton.

You never know whats going on behind the scenes though, he may have been a worky ticket or just done something that was kept in house and banished to another club.

When Ive seen him he looked decent so there must be something amiss.

Pancrate won't have his contract renewed in any case so it's not like he's been a terrible signing. Actually got the odd assist and scored a canny goal too even if he has looked shite in terms of his general play.

You never know whats going on behind the scenes though, he may have been a worky ticket or just done something that was kept in house and banished to another club.

When Ive seen him he looked decent so there must be something amiss.

Maybe he's a huckle and that's why he moved there. If we're doing wild speculation.

Also, very early days, but the managers 3 options for strikers he looked at havn't been great.

Beckford has done fuck all at League 1 since Old Trafford

Best is gash

Moses isn't getting a start for Wigan(tbf, Martinez doesn't seem to rush younger players).

I worry what he'd do trying to sign an expensive striker.

d5f90c8e-233c-4920-aa91-b4418b03ac63.jpg

Thing us not only do we have carr on board scouting, we also have more money and a longer period to find the right player and do the deal.

Nice goal v Watford, but maybe it would have been better to give Lua that time on the pitch? At least he's playing somewhere though, and as you say, Pancake is out on his arse in a few weeks anyway.

It was always about this time that Alan "worky ticket/wide of the mark" Oliver would have some exclusive info from a 'source' at the club that something awesome was about to go down.

With Kadar though, I can't come up with a reason. Maybe they weren't sure enough about him? Obviously, I'm just guessing as much as the rest of us are.

He does look better at centre half than at left back mind. Hughton did exactly the right thing bringing in cover for Jose's injury, if we'd lost another defender at that stage we were fooked. It's hardly a negative that the cover he brought in was a 'proper player'.

That's fair comment like and there was probably a gentlemen's agreement that, if we got the kid on loan for a month, he was going to be given games. He looked good going forward as well I thought, although a bit raw defensively. Should turn into a canny player.

That's fair comment like and there was probably a gentlemen's agreement that, if we got the kid on loan for a month, he was going to be given games. He looked good going forward as well I thought, although a bit raw defensively. Should turn into a canny player.

I think I saw him in the highlights of the 7-1 Villa game.

I might be getting whooshed here but how does buying young quality players constitute a workable plan for success in anyway? It's what every fucking club out there is trying to do man. You might as well say I think we should try and win some trophies. :angry:

he/Asprilla/Xmas Tree actually thinks trying to build a team good enough to win trophies is a bad idea :D

No. I think that we wasted too much money, had no long term plan, hired the wrong managers and needed to stop thinking we could fix our club by paying ridiculous wages to players who couldn't give a fuck about our club.

Some canny players out of contract in the summer.

Using www.transfermarkt.de I put together a team of realistic targets that would improve the team IMO :angry:

Out of contract XI

GK: Michael Rensing

Nationality: German

Club: FC Bayern Munich

Contract expires: 30.6.2010

YouTube:

RB: Mouhamadou Dabo

Nationality: French

Club: AS Saint-Étienne

Contract expires: 30.6.2010

YouTube:

CB: Tomáš Hubočan