Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle scouts in the stands tonight as Huseklepp ran riot setting up 3 of the goals in a 4-0 win.

if we're looking at wingers/att mids

He's played striker for years now, has a past as a right winger.

Changes sides a lot and at his best with the ball at his feet.

30 games 15 goals and 13 assists last season.

You not think Routledge and Gutierrez are good enough?

They may not be world class but i certainly think they are good enough for what our immediate aims are...13th-17th place finish next season.

Barton and Guthrie COULD do a job as our attacking CM. Obviously in an ideal world we would get someone better in but that wont happen.

1st Team defensive CM is a priority as well as a 1st Team RB and CF.

Cover at LB, Both wings and upfront also important.

I suspect that is our immediate aim but it shouldn't be. And even with such lowley aims £15m is still trying to do it one the cheap. Par for the course with Ashley though!

Newcastle scouts in the stands tonight as Huseklepp ran riot setting up 3 of the goals in a 4-0 win.

if we're looking at wingers/att mids

He's played striker for years now, has a past as a right winger.

Changes sides a lot and at his best with the ball at his feet.

30 games 15 goals and 13 assists last season.

cracking

sign him up

Is that Whittingham for Cardiff any good? Or is he just scoring a few whilst playing shit like Nolan? :razz:

I would take a punt on his team mate Ledley on a free and keep my fingers crossed his hips aren't "Shola'd".

Is that Whittingham for Cardiff any good? Or is he just scoring a few whilst playing shit like Nolan? :razz:

I always thought that he was a good player, but I think his level is CCC, plus there is no real potential sell on value.

As an aside, CH has already said Vuckic is going to be in the first team squad next season, so he may not actually be looking for a striker.

I would take a punt on his team mate Ledley on a free and keep my fingers crossed his hips aren't "Shola'd".

I'm not sure how good he is, doesn't seem to score many goals, on the hips front, he seems to have played a decent number of games this season.

I always thought that he was a good player, but I think his level is CCC, plus there is no real potential sell on value.

As an aside, CH has already said Vuckic is going to be in the first team squad next season, so he may not actually be looking for a striker.

When?

Didnt think Vuckic was a striker like....what do i know...

When?

Didnt think Vuckic was a striker like....what do i know...

It's in that article above. My understanding is that he can play midfield or behind a central striker.

Chris Hughton is in the Hunt for Hull ace

NEWCASTLE United are interested in signing Hull City midfielder Stephen Hunt as Chris Hughton begins to draw up his summer recruitment plans.

United have also been linked with a move for Hull’s Jimmy Bullard, although the Journal understands the player’s poor fitness record, as well as wages of more than £50,000-a-week, make a deal unlikely.

Several clubs will be looking at Hull’s marquee players following their relegation to the Championship, and Newcastle have identified Hunt as a possible recruit.

The Republic of Ireland midfielder has been one of the few players to emerge from a disappointing season at the KC Stadium with any credit.

The knee injury which has sidelined him since the end of February is seen as one of the main reasons why the Tigers were unable to avoid the drop.

The 28-year-old has also proven his top-flight ability with Reading and United scouts have recommended him to Hughton, who is set to discuss the exact size of his transfer budget with owner Mike Ashley and managing director Derek Llambias next week.

Although he has played in a struggling side, Hunt has scored six goals in 27 appearances this season and his impressive workrate on the right wing would make him a useful addition to the squad – presuming Hull set a realistic asking price.

Newcastle, though, are bound to face fierce competition from Wolverhampton Wanderers, who had a £5m bid turned down for Hunt during the January transfer window.

Middlesbrough have also watched the player this season, although their failure to win an instant return to the Premier League will make them a far less attractive destination than Tyneside.

United will be prudent in the transfer market this summer, but sources have indicated Hughton will still receive a reasonable amount to work with as he looks to strengthen the squad for life back in the top flight.

He will also be allowed to spend whatever money he manages to raise through player sales, with some of the fringe members of the squad bound to leave over the next few months.

Hughton said: “We are back where this club wanted to be. We know, of course, it will be a very tough season because we are in a very, very tough league, but you have to look forward to it.

“As a manager, as a group of players, as a club, this is where we want to be and we have worked very hard for it, so you have to look forward to it.”

Hughton also paid yet another tribute to United’s fans after a total of 1,037,455. came through the turnstiles at St James’ Park this season.

He said: “They have been a major reason why we have succeeded the way we have this year.”

Meanwhile, Jonas Gutierrez will not play against QPR next weekend as he has been allowed to return to Argentina to spend some time with his family before the World Cup begins in South Africa.

Source: http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastl...61634-26323157/

Taylor > Barcelona with Puyol coming our way according to the gossip pages

which gossip pages? "insane weekly"?

Quite a few articles have appeared throughout the day. Seems v unlikely though as I dont think we can afford Puyol's wages and also we dont have european football. Again like Vuckic, we should keep him if he's deemed that good

Quite a few articles have appeared throughout the day. Seems v unlikely though as I dont think we can afford Puyol's wages and also we dont have european football. Again like Vuckic, we should keep him if he's deemed that good

Aye, other than that I could see it happening.

Aye, other than that I could see it happening.

:razz:

Colocan a Puyol en el Newcastle

El Newcastle United, que la próxima campaña volverá a jugar en la Premier League, estaría interesado, según aseguran algunos medios, en un trueque entre Steven Taylor, defensa central de 24 años, y Carles Puyol.

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicac...idseccio_PK=849

Which according to Babelfish means...

They place to Puyol in the Newcastle

The Newcastle United, that the next campaign will return to play in the Premier League, would be interested, according to assure some means, in an exchange between Steven Taylor, central defense of 24 years, and Carles Puyol.

So that clears it up.

Hang on a minute... Puyol, Coloccini & Carroll in the same team... aren't we linked with Bullard too?

I see a pattern forming here - seems like it's a case of "Tough shit 'one size'...." :razz:

Jesus wept. Here we go again.

£1m for Jason Roberts

Oh dear. The sort of bargain basement go nowhere signing that I wouldn't have even the slightest tingling of excitement over. Not that I take anything the Fail write as truth.

"And Hughton, who has a limited budget at his disposal, views the experienced marksman as the perfect foil for young strikers Andy Carroll and Shola Ameobi"... Shola is 29 in October. Abysmal excuse for journalism. But if there's any truth in that story I might have a cry. Rather just have Shola tbh.

Steven Taylor swap for Carlos Puyol.

The sort of nonsense even the NOTW wouldn't come up with.

Hang on a minute... Puyol, Coloccini & Carroll in the same team... aren't we linked with Bullard too?

I see a pattern forming here - seems like it's a case of "Tough shit 'one size'...." :razz:

Imagine coloccini and Puyol in our defense... the hair alone would put the fear into strikers ;)

can you imagine if coloccini plays like he did this season with puyol next to him? REALLY not gonna happen but would be pretty special.

and Jonas.