Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Simon Bird Twitter update from training ground:

NUFC in for Scots / Spanish winger Fife-Juan Totoon

Rumours a deal could be close for Egyptian forward, Yulsuffa Onsunda

I fell for the first one tbh but the second was pretty obvious. When you pass that on, change it to Ghanaian forward, that name's never Egyptian.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

See Yakubu has joined Leicester on loan. VERY strange, he's their best striker when he can be arsed, scored a mint goal the other week, I'd have had him here over Best, Shola and Lovenkrands and no mistake.

We want to be careful like. Loads of clubs in and around us and below us seem to be busting a gut to strengthen. We're not safe yet and we've got a weak squad.

Apologies if posted before.

Newcastle United Football Club are lining up an offer for Kris Commons.

Alan Pardew wants to add more depth to his squad during the January window, but he knows he doesn’t have a great deal of cash at his disposal.

It is believed one affordable option for the Magpies boss has emerged in Commons, who is approaching the final few months of his contract at Derby County.

The Rams are resigned to losing the winger, and would rather cash in on him now than let him walk out of Pride Park on a free transfer in the summer.

The 27-year-old, who has played 24 times in the Championship this season and scored thirteen goals, could be available for as little as £750,000.

http://www.fansfc.com/story/28552.html

Meant to be spurs I think, agreed tho he's a canny player and would be good for us I thought it has something to do with him wanting to be playing in Europe though so rules us out.

Edited by Barton7

We want to be careful like. Loads of clubs in and around us and below us seem to be busting a gut to strengthen. We're not safe yet and we've got a weak squad.

I can't see Wigan, West Brom and Wolves doing much and they have similar threadbare squads.

West Ham made a lot of noise last Jan and signed Benny McCarthy, so no doubt they'll buy some has been. The only way West Ham will avoid the drop is if the bring in Fat Sam, but I reckon they'll hold off on sacking Grant until it's too late.

We just need to make sure we don't run out of steam. Hopefully Ben Arfa and Gosling will have the same effect Routledge did last year.

If we can get a forward in we'll be fine.