Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex McLeish under pressure as doubts grow over Scot's future

Birmingham manager Alex McLeish heads in to Wednesday’s Carling Cup semi-final second leg against West Ham under increasing pressure from owner Carson Yeung.

McLeish’s side must overturn a 2-1 deficit from the first leg if they are to reach Wembley and deflect some focus from their decline in the Barclays Premier League.

The Birmingham owner is said to have reservations about McLeish, and their relationship will not have been helped by Yeung’s sidekick and acting chairman Peter Pannu.

Speaking about transfers before Saturday’s drubbing at Manchester United, Pannu said: ‘Carson has so far, in aggregate, spent £26.3million since his arrival.

Unfortunately, most of the purchases have not been playing much and have not improved the team directly.

‘There are no blames (sic) here against anybody. These things do happen. Equally, no one can blame him if he feels he is not sure if his money is well spent.’

Coming on the day of a big game, the comments cannot have been helpful. The Birmingham boss is desperate to bring in at least one striker before the transfer window closes next week and has implored the club not to sell forward Cameron Jerome.

They are looking at Newcastle’s Shola Ameobi if Jerome does depart.

McLeish said: ‘My relationship with the owners is fine. We’ve worked together over the last year and I’m sure we’ll be working together over the next year and hopefully beyond that.’

You dont see that everyday :(

Edited by Christmas Tree

Fucking hell. Surprised at Madrid going for Aguero-I always thought he was a no.10 and they have plenty of those but need a no.9.

Pardew says he wants 2 new players now that Routledge has gone.

Fucking hell. Surprised at Madrid going for Aguero-I always thought he was a no.10 and they have plenty of those but need a no.9.

Pardew says he wants 2 new players now that Routledge has gone.

We needed two before Routledge left tbh

This might upset Stevie:

Marcotti Gabriele Marcotti

Many asking abt Alexis Sanchez + United/Chelsea. Don't have new info, apart from Udinese confirming they've been in touch.(which isn't new)

Obagoals > Birmingham on loan apparently

(sorry alex i still think hes alright =( )

Think I've been proven correct since he left like :lol:

Watch him score against us though.