Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that we'd really get Sturridge for 10 mill tbh. Anelka's 32, Drogba's 33, why wouldn't they just hold on to him and see if he can step into their shoes? They don't need the money.

You forgot the 50m man.

Sturridge will only ever be 3rd choice at best at Chelsea and he's better than that.

Johnson at citeh will suffer the same fate.

Sturridge may be just who we need, but I’ve never considered him as a possible signing as he’s on Celsea’s level of wages and how long ago was it that Ashley signed a regular EPL first team player of quality?

Re-Tweeted by Mark douglas

Right, just to clarify, we are not "In The Know" we are not in anyway club insiders, this is not a publicity stunt or in anyway an attempt to get more followers, we are merely two chaps who record a podcast on behalf of True Faith Fanzine. Yesterday we made an announcement on our Twitter page (@taylorandbesty), that a friend of ours made us aware, that after a conversation with Shola Ameobi, it seems that Shola thinks it is time for a change and his agent is trying to secure a move elsewhere for him. He's concerned about not playing first team football and thinks he might have to leave NUFC to get it. We must stress this info is second hand, but from a reliable source who has given us info in the past. We chose to post this info as we feel a lot of NUFC fans would like to know wether Shola and his massive collection of hats will still be plying his trade, smashing penalties past the bum bums at SJP next season. We have no other info regarding this rumour, and at the moment that is all it is. Love you long time T&B x

They knew nowt anyway.

:spit:

Spot on, more important question, what ITKs?

They should rename themselves ITKFFA- In the know for fuck all.

Edited by Flair

After a short break over the weekend, boss Alan Pardew is back in the country and set to meet top club officials today, and moves for £10.5m-rated Erding and £13m Matuidi will be high on the agenda.

United have not gone as far as tabling an offer for either as yet, but enquiries have been made.

He will also be looking for reassurances on the future of his top players. The club do not want to sell Fabricio Coloccini, despite Seville’s interest, and Pardew is understood to be keen to find a resolution to the long-running Jose Enrique saga.

Meanwhile, defender Neil Taylor’s move to Newcastle is still to be confirmed.

The player was in Tyneside for most of last week and had told the club he was returning to Swansea to inform the Premier League new-boys of his intention to move to the North East.

The move was expected to completed on Monday, but now club insiders say it is unlikely to be rubber-stamped today. Everton have been credited with an interest in the Wales international.

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-u.../#ixzz1PucfM8C2

Mackems submit £8m bid for Connor Wickham.

Cue the bidding war between Spurs and Liverpool then. I'd be very surprised if he ends up on Wearside.

Mackems submit £8m bid for Connor Wickham.

Cue the bidding war between Spurs and Liverpool then. I'd be very surprised if he ends up on Wearside.

I'd be happy if ended up here, but yeah I think he's received too much praise to go to ourselves or the mackems permanently. That's not to say I think he'#s the real deal, just Spurs and Liverpool are more likely to be able to take a punt.

It's similar IMO to the Rooney situation in that the Mackems are playing the card we did with Rooney and setting the ball rolling.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wickham submit a transfer request now either. I said ages ago I'd heard it on good authority that he's off to Spurs. I still reckon that'll be his destination and the Yids not issuing a 'hands-off' warning with regards Jermaine Defoe could support that.

It's similar IMO to the Rooney situation in that the Mackems are playing the card we did with Rooney and setting the ball rolling.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Wickham submit a transfer request now either. I said ages ago I'd heard it on good authority that he's off to Spurs. I still reckon that'll be his destination and the Yids not issuing a 'hands-off' warning with regards Jermaine Defoe could support that.

isnt he a liverpool fan? if so more chance of him going to liverpool. tottenham have got a good record of taking good young english players to white heart lane so wont be too surprised if he ended up at either club. i reckon the fee will be around 10m with add ons taking it up to 13/14m. worth a pop but dont see cashley slashing out 10m on a unproven 18yr old

I wouldn't hesitate at spending £10m on Sturridge. We can't just sign one decent, injury-prone striker and it'd be nice to bring a few British lads in as well.

This. If people say he's not managed to break into the Chelsea team yet and score goals on a regular basis on this level, then what about Erdinc? 8 or 9 goals last season in the French League iirc.

From what I've seen from him at Bolton for 6 months, I'd sign him if he's available for £10m.

I wouldn't hesitate at spending £10m on Sturridge. We can't just sign one decent, injury-prone striker and it'd be nice to bring a few British lads in as well.

This. If people say he's not managed to break into the Chelsea team yet and score goals on a regular basis on this level, then what about Erdinc? 8 or 9 goals last season in the French League iirc.

From what I've seen from him at Bolton for 6 months, I'd sign him if he's available for £10m.

i think the price will be around 15m. good player

Mark Douglas was talking on Twitter last night about how we're very keen on Matuidi but not going to stump up the cash. If that's the case, will be hard to believe we'll pay for Sturridge.

... or we're not willing to pay as much for foreign players (as it represents a bigger risk obviously) as we are for Englishmen.

Just hoping though, not based on any evidence.....