Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

To be honest i think the window has gone well so far. 4 in and 1 out...2 more expected as it stands.

Nolan leaving was a bit of a shock but not one that we cant survive, imo he wasnt going to be playing a key role on the pitch anyway but we may miss his leadership qualities.

Our hands are tied with the Enrique saga and for all he is a great LB he is starting to piss me off with his contempt for the club and the arrogance in which he has decided not to even talk to the club about his future. I'd like him to stay obviously but if he went for a decent price (8mil+) and we brought in either Warnock or M'Bengue then i'd be ok with that.

On Barton i think its as simple as the club dont want to be tied to a long expensive contract and are willing to let his contract run down, get another good season out of him, be open to bids and also open to the possibility of offering him a years extention in January.

Demba Ba is a better option than Best or Ranger...Good signing.

Cabaye potentially will give us a lot more than Nolan would on the pitch and hopefully will be our creative force from CM...Very good signing potentially.

Marveaux will give us more pace and trickery out wide and also has a very good delivery apparently.

Abeid is one with potential and i imagine will be in the reserves enitially but will break into the 1st team squad before christmas.

Best, Smith and Ranger being offered about and Lua Lua on another loan deal. Only really Best and Ranger possible of gettin 1st team action but in reality shouldnt be close to the 1st team.

Should any of them leave it will weaken the squad in numeric value but not really on quality...none of them should be in the 1st team.

I think we will bring in N'Zogbia and a number 9 and possibly Neil Taylor....If Enrique goes we will replace but if Barton goes i dont think we will bring in a replacement as we would be well stocked anyway.

Come the 1st of September i predict 7 in (Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux, Abeid, N'Zogbia, Neil Taylor and a striker) and 4 out (Nolan, Best, Smith and Ranger) which makes our 1st team squad 3 stronger in numeric value and ALOT stronger in terms of quality.

Even if Enrique goes he will be replaced so we wont be down on numbers and even if Barton goes we will still be 2 stronger.

---Krul---

Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

---Cabaye---Tiote---

Jonas-----Ben Arfa-----N'Zogbia

---New Striker----

Subs: Harper, Williamson, R.Taylor, N.Taylor, Gosling, Marveaux and Ba.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest i think the window has gone well so far. 4 in and 1 out...2 more expected as it stands.

Nolan leaving was a bit of a shock but not one that we cant survive, imo he wasnt going to be playing a key role on the pitch anyway but we may miss his leadership qualities.

Our hands are tied with the Enrique saga and for all he is a great LB he is starting to piss me off with his contempt for the club and the arrogance in which he has decided not to even talk to the club about his future. I'd like him to stay obviously but if he went for a decent price (8mil+) and we brought in either Warnock or M'Bengue then i'd be ok with that.

On Barton i think its as simple as the club dont want to be tied to a long expensive contract and are willing to let his contract run down, get another good season out of him, be open to bids and also open to the possibility of offering him a years extention in January.

Demba Ba is a better option than Best or Ranger...Good signing.

Cabaye potentially will give us a lot more than Nolan would on the pitch and hopefully will be our creative force from CM...Very good signing potentially.

Marveaux will give us more pace and trickery out wide and also has a very good delivery apparently.

Abeid is one with potential and i imagine will be in the reserves enitially but will break into the 1st team squad before christmas.

Best, Smith and Ranger being offered about and Lua Lua on another loan deal. Only really Best and Ranger possible of gettin 1st team action but in reality shouldnt be close to the 1st team.

Should any of them leave it will weaken the squad in numeric value but not really on quality...none of them should be in the 1st team.

I think we will bring in N'Zogbia and a number 9 and possibly Neil Taylor....If Enrique goes we will replace but if Barton goes i dont think we will bring in a replacement as we would be well stocked anyway.

Come the 1st of September i predict 7 in (Ba, Cabaye, Marveaux, Abeid, N'Zogbia, Neil Taylor and a striker) and 4 out (Nolan, Best, Smith and Ranger) which makes our 1st team squad 3 stronger in numeric value and ALOT stronger in terms of quality.

Even if Enrique goes he will be replaced so we wont be down on numbers and even if Barton goes we will still be 2 stronger.

---Krul---

Simpson---S.Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

---Cabaye---Tiote---

Jonas-----Ben Arfa-----N'Zogbia

---New Striker----

Subs: Harper, Williamson, R.Taylor, N.Taylor, Gosling, Marveaux and Ba.

Even if you stick BA up top its a pretty decent looking line up, maybe Joey in for Jonas there. I'm not a Krul fan but guess its him or Harps

Can't see N'Zogbia signing; we have Jonas, Marveaux and Ferguson who can play wide left, even Ben Arfa at a push. That's more than we have capable of playing RB decently. If we're planning to sell Ranger and Best, then we need two more strikers in, purely for depth. Ba, Shola, Lovenkrands + one other won't be enough since the three mentioned there are harldy fit as fiddles. If Shola plays more than 25 games, it'll be a surprise. The squad needs not only depth, but improved depth. Flogging the likes of Guthrie and Smith is needed but so are their replacements. Unless Vuckic and Gosling are going to become good understudies but it's still a risk to take.

Can't see N'Zogbia signing; we have Jonas, Marveaux and Ferguson who can play wide left, even Ben Arfa at a push. That's more than we have capable of playing RB decently. If we're planning to sell Ranger and Best, then we need two more strikers in, purely for depth. Ba, Shola, Lovenkrands + one other won't be enough since the three mentioned there are harldy fit as fiddles. If Shola plays more than 25 games, it'll be a surprise. The squad needs not only depth, but improved depth. Flogging the likes of Guthrie and Smith is needed but so are their replacements. Unless Vuckic and Gosling are going to become good understudies but it's still a risk to take.

I didnt want us to sign N'zogbia but the more i think about it he could be a big part for us next season. If we dont its not biggy though as we'd see more of Marveaux anyway.

Could Barton player higher up instead of Jonas? But yeah Jonas is more likely to be dropped than Barton thinkin about it.

As for the strikers, i get your point about fitness but Ba has been fit since coming to the PL and Lovenkrands and Shola have had their problems but i'd not consider them to be crocks.

If Best and Ranger leave imo its no great loss but i agree ideally we need two new strikers.

I wouldn't say the two of them are crocks but they're definitely going to have fitness problems and I believe Ba's been dodgy for it wherever he's been as well. Hopefully we can keep him fit but the worst case scenario is that they all get injured and we don't even have Best to whack up front. If they're after a striker, then they'll get a striker in but unless it's some kind of release cause (like Cabaye), I can bet he'll be underwhelming.

I don't think N'Zogbia will sign at all TBH. They'll see his place as stocked, they'll see his wages and pricetag and knock it on the head.

I wouldn't say the two of them are crocks but they're definitely going to have fitness problems and I believe Ba's been dodgy for it wherever he's been as well. Hopefully we can keep him fit but the worst case scenario is that they all get injured and we don't even have Best to whack up front. If they're after a striker, then they'll get a striker in but unless it's some kind of release cause (like Cabaye), I can bet he'll be underwhelming.

I don't think N'Zogbia will sign at all TBH. They'll see his place as stocked, they'll see his wages and pricetag and knock it on the head.

True enough.

I dont think charlie is needed but would definitely strengthen the 1st team and squad what with having Marveaux as backup but i'd be more than happy to see how Marveuax does.

If Barton stays then i would probably imagine him to start wide right ahead of Jonas or we may play 3 CM'S (Cabaye, Tiote and Barton) with Barfa and Jonas or Marveuax on the flanks. Either way we have plenty of options in how we set our midfield up if we play with one striker.

If we are to play one striker then one more striker would probably suffice. If said new striker is to go straight into the 1st team then we would have Ba, Shola and Lovenkrands as back up presuming Best and Ranger leave. But like i said 2 new strikers would be ideal...its just whether there are 2 quality obtainable strikers out there and whether FMA wants to spend.

True enough.

I dont think charlie is needed but would definitely strengthen the 1st team and squad what with having Marveaux as backup but i'd be more than happy to see how Marveuax does.

If Barton stays then i would probably imagine him to start wide right ahead of Jonas or we may play 3 CM'S (Cabaye, Tiote and Barton) with Barfa and Jonas or Marveuax on the flanks. Either way we have plenty of options in how we set our midfield up if we play with one striker.

If we are to play one striker then one more striker would probably suffice. If said new striker is to go straight into the 1st team then we would have Ba, Shola and Lovenkrands as back up presuming Best and Ranger leave. But like i said 2 new strikers would be ideal...its just whether there are 2 quality obtainable strikers out there and whether FMA wants to spend.

I think he'll play 4-5-1 like. Barton and Jonas wide, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle with Ben Arfa in front of them. It's really all he can do in terms of what he has available in the midfield. Though, owt could change from now until September. Hopefully Jonas doesn't leave because he'll be a big miss to the midfield, more than people realise.

True enough.

I think he'll play 4-5-1 like. Barton and Jonas wide, Tiote and Cabaye in the middle with Ben Arfa in front of them. It's really all he can do in terms of what he has available in the midfield. Though, owt could change from now until September. Hopefully Jonas doesn't leave because he'll be a big miss to the midfield, more than people realise.

Yeah a variation of 4-5-1 is most likely...i'd think it would be more likely a mix of 4-4-1-1 and 4-2-3-1 rather than a conventional 4-5-1 which typically is quite a negative and defensive formation.

The wingers could play in line with the central midfielders off the ball or under pressure and when in possesion or when we are on top i think the wingers would take up a higher position to more in line with Ben Arfa in the hole.

You think Barton and Jonas will play out wide and Marveaux on the bench then? Either way it looks like once we get in a target man we have a good few options.

Im enthusiastic....as always. :huh:

how many left sided players do we need ffs, ben afra, jonas, and marveaux are all capable of playing on the left.

we need two strikers, one of which needs to be a proper guaranteed goals in the league job not shane fucking long.

Rapey has said recently that Marveaux can play either wing. Jonas is right footed-so could play there.

I've seen Ben Arfa playing there too, but I think he's Rapey sees him as a support striker/in the hole.

I'm more concerned about what Craig has pointed out.

Naw i agree with you two, what i mean is if we're actually limited (which we all know we are) why bring in another left sided player when we have at least 3 who are able to play there if we need them to, another left sided player is the least of our worries.

No decent strikers and we're fucked.

This is it for me. I'm a bit worried we could end up all fur knickers and no coat. We might look good on the eye, play the ball about a bit but be weak as piss in front of goal. I'd question anyone expecting Demba Ba to be an almost ever present next season which makes you wonder how he'll do for scoring goals and we all know the limitations of our other forwards. Shola will always get you a few but goals win games and I'm worried about for next year. People can gloss over the Carroll and Nolan sales as much as they like but they were our two top scorers and we need someone to match or better their totals. Not scoring a lot puts pressure on the team especially when we concede. Get a goalscorer and I'd be a lot happier about the side.

how many left sided players do we need ffs, ben afra, jonas, and marveaux are all capable of playing on the left.

we need two strikers, one of which needs to be a proper guaranteed goals in the league job not shane fucking long.

Rapey has said recently that Marveaux can play either wing. Jonas is right footed-so could play there.

I've seen Ben Arfa playing there too, but I think he's Rapey sees him as a support striker/in the hole.

Naw i agree with you two, what i mean is if we're actually limited (which we all know we are) why bring in another left sided player when we have at least 3 who are able to play there if we need them to, another left sided player is the least of our worries.

This is it for me. I'm a bit worried we could end up all fur knickers and no coat. We might look good on the eye, play the ball about a bit but be weak as piss in front of goal. I'd question anyone expecting Demba Ba to be an almost ever present next season which makes you wonder how he'll do for scoring goals and we all know the limitations of our other forwards. Shola will always get you a few but goals win games and I'm worried about for next year. People can gloss over the Carroll and Nolan sales as much as they like but they were our two top scorers and we need someone to match or better their totals. Not scoring a lot puts pressure on the team especially when we concede. Get a goalscorer and I'd be a lot happier about the side.

It's not often you see a common phrase mangled quite as badly. :huh:

Why we aren't hammering down Daniel Sturridge's door is beyond belief. Plain as the eye in your face.

Why we aren't hammering down Daniel Sturridge's door is beyond belief. Plain as the eye in your face.

Ticks all of the boxes for Ashley's stated transfer values: young, talented, good resale value.

Unfortunately, he fails the unstated criterion, which is "available on the extremely cheap."

If Sturridge goes for 10 mill or under he's a bargain and I think everybody except the FCB would say that. If we signed Sturridge and nobody else, assuming Enrique stayed, I'd be fairly happy.

If Sturridge goes for 10 mill or under he's a bargain and I think everybody except the FCB would say that. If we signed Sturridge and nobody else, assuming Enrique stayed, I'd be fairly happy.

Same here, I think Sturridge would be perfect for us. Ba has theoretically replaced Nolan's goals but we still need someone who can lead the line. I just hope rapey doesn't think Shola is the answer.

Have we completely dismissed Sturridge then? I heard reports suggesting Pards said we had no interest in him..

I think he's worth a bid at least, and i'll be gutted if we miss out on him on either a loan or permanent basis..

I'd be delighted to sign Sturridge and agree that it'd be an improved squad.

The (potential)outgoings are a concern though.

:slap:

Do it all the time but usually verbally.

Howmanheyman wants to sign it.

06c124_giuliaborges.o.jpg

:D

;)

I know there is all this talk of a second striker, but I thought Pardew was favouring a ....

Barton --- Tiote --- Cabaye --- Marveaux

Ben Arfa

Ba

Line up?

If Sturridge joined, who would be the fall guy?

I know there is all this talk of a second striker, but I thought Pardew was favouring a ....

Ben Arfa

Ba

Line up?

Ba, since he's a crock.

Ben Arfa

Ba

Line up?

Ba, since he's a crock.

From FUBAR to FUBA, which will simply mean Fucked Up BA.

The best thing about Ba so far for me is the comedy value of a new song.

There's loads of different ways of twisting the twinkle twinkle/ba ba black sheep to be explored.

Ba Ba black Star

Did you come for free?

Yes Sir, Yes Sir

I've got a fucked knee

Ben Arfa

Ba

Line up?

I wouldn't let that hold us back. Sturridge has shown he can do the business. Three of your five haven't and thats being generous to Ba who could still be a flash in the pan.