Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

As it'll be elsewhere too...Enquiry about Wayne Bridge over the weekend. Seven figure loan fee likely to scupper deal. More tomorrow! #NUFC

:lol:

Please can you post this Twitter bollocks in the Twitter thread so I can ignore it? Thanks ever so :lol:

Its the local writer for the Journal and Sunday Sun advising whats in the paper tomorrow so a bit more substantial than twitter bollocks. :icon_lol:

So that wasn't taken from Twitter then? Don't make me report you for flagrant disregard of board protocol :lol:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

missconniemac connie mclaughlin

by NUFCThreatLevel

Reports Fraser Forster signs 1 year loan deal with #celtic, @sheelaghmclaren will have the latest in #clyde1 sport at 7.30am and 8.30am

Meh.

by NUFCThreatLevel

Reports Fraser Forster signs 1 year loan deal with #celtic, @sheelaghmclaren will have the latest in #clyde1 sport at 7.30am and 8.30am

Meh.

Reported

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

As it'll be elsewhere too...Enquiry about Wayne Bridge over the weekend. Seven figure loan fee likely to scupper deal. More tomorrow! #NUFC

:)

Please can you post this Twitter bollocks in the Twitter thread so I can ignore it? Thanks ever so :icon_lol:

Its the local writer for the Journal and Sunday Sun advising whats in the paper tomorrow so a bit more substantial than twitter bollocks. :lol:

So that wasn't taken from Twitter then? Don't make me report you for flagrant disregard of board protocol :lol:

@MsiDouglas

Mark Douglas

:)

Please can you post this Twitter bollocks in the Twitter thread so I can ignore it? Thanks ever so :lol:

Its the local writer for the Journal and Sunday Sun advising whats in the paper tomorrow so a bit more substantial than twitter bollocks. :lol:

So that wasn't taken from Twitter then? Don't make me report you for flagrant disregard of board protocol :)

:icon_lol:

I can see this business of Tiote going to Man Utd more likely than us signing anyone as things are going, fatty will be rubbing his hands in anticipation.

Midfielder Shaun Wright-Phillips is negotiating a pay-off from Manchester City that would clear the way for him to move to Bolton.

Another big pay day for the one trick pony coming up even after paying his contract out.

What a joke, there is something wrong with this lad surely? They pay massive fees for him with big wages and he gets to the club and ends up rotting in the reserves!

by NUFCThreatLevel

Meh.

Done deal by the sounds of it. SSN reporting that Lennon has as good as confirmed it "couple of snags to overcome but hope to have him registered for tomorrow night."

Not sure how I feel about this like. Harper is as good as finished IMO and Krul just isn't good enough. Had hoped to see what Forster could bring to our team but I reckon a second loan will spell the end of his time here permanently.

by NUFCThreatLevel

Meh.

Done deal by the sounds of it. SSN reporting that Lennon has as good as confirmed it "couple of snags to overcome but hope to have him registered for tomorrow night."

Not sure how I feel about this like. Harper is as good as finished IMO and Krul just isn't good enough. Had hoped to see what Forster could bring to our team but I reckon a second loan will spell the end of his time here permanently.

Didn't Rapey say that it was pretty much a waste of time playing him in the SPL?

by NUFCThreatLevel

Meh.

Didn't Rapey say that it was pretty much a waste of time playing him in the SPL?

Pretty sure you're right now you mention it(or something along those lines).

I'll just post this in here.

RYAN TAYLOR says he will wear the black-and-white shirt “with pride” in Saturday's clash with Sunderland as Newcastle United focus on retaining the North East bragging rights.

The Scouser – who has been fielded in various positions during his Toon tenure – emerged with credit following the 0-0 draw after keeping both Gervinho and Theo Walcott at bay after Arsene Wenger attempted to exploit the Magpies down the left flank knowing that Taylor was being played in an alien position.

However, Taylor stood up to Arsenal pressure and is now in contention to play some part in the clash with Sunderland at the Stadium of Light.

Taylor told the Chronicle: “I only found out late in the day I was going to play against Arsenal – if I’m selected against Sunderland I will wear the shirt with pride.

“Left-back was a false position for me.

“I knew it was either Perchy or me and he was struggling so I got the nod.

“But for me to play in a position I have never played in my life it was always going to be a weird game for me.

“The more I went on the more confident I got.

“I’ve said before throughout my career that if I get given a shirt I will always give 100%.

“The versatile tag that I have lingering over my head is what I will have to put up with.

“To play left-back was a little bit awkward in the first half but as the game went on I got more comfortable.

“I will learn from it, I am just happy we kept a clean sheet.”

And Taylor hopes to build on that on Wearside.

He said: “It sets us up for Sunderland and we can go there full of confidence.

“We know they got a good point against Liverpool but the lads know what it’s about – if you aren’t up for that game you will never be up for any game.

“If I play, I play.

“I’ve never played in a derby before and it would be fantastic to be involved.

“Who knows?

“I’ve heard there is a left-back coming in but if I get the shirt I will wear it with pride.

“We are going to go to Sunderland and try to get the win – not just for us but for the fans.

“It’s bragging rights.

“We have to go there with a positive attitude.

“And hopefully we can get the win.

“I have always been injured or suspended for derbies.

“When I signed, I signed the day before so I wasn’t eligible.

“I have missed three so I don’t want to miss more.

“I watched the 5-1 win and what a great day that was.

“Hopefully we can put in a good performance next week.”

Looking back on the clash with Arsenal, Taylor feels that Newcastle could even have picked up an even better result.

He reflected: “When the fixtures came out and we saw we had Arsenal, everybody thought back to that eight-goal thriller.

“It was the complete opposite this time.

“Anytime you play Arsenal and keep a clean sheet it is always classed as a good result.

“It’s just a shame we didn’t have a lot of chances and didn’t work their keeper a bit more.

“On the whole I think it was a good performance and we dug in against a good team.

“Overall we think it was a good point.”

by NUFCThreatLevel

Meh.

Pretty sure you're right now you mention it(or something along those lines).

Pardew said: "I think he's coming back to a completely different level of football, I'll tell you that now.

"We have watched that division and watched him all year.

"We've been disappointed with the quality of the games, other than the occasional Rangers versus Celtic game, and even some of those have been poor."

the were two trialists playing today one scored two goals in a reserve game Darnell Situ. had a look about him he looks quite nifty.

Good FM player

Pardews fucking mint at this management business

lets not get carried away now.

the were two trialists playing today one scored two goals in a reserve game Darnell Situ. had a look about him he looks quite nifty.

Good FM player

I'd go mental if we signed Situ! Not to sound Deadman-esque, but I signed him in FM2010 and he was immense.

Good FM player

I'd go mental if we signed Situ! Not to sound Deadman-esque, but I signed him in FM2010 and he was immense.

I don't mean to sound condescending, but how the fuck can you rate a player from FM2010? What's his Fifa 11 rating? This is the true measure of a player.

Good FM player

I don't mean to sound condescending, but how the fuck can you rate a player from FM2010? What's his Fifa 11 rating? This is the true measure of a player.

o shit hm lemme check, his rating on fifa is 64 hm not bad but not that good either LOL

Good FM player