Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just put him on ignore. My toontastic experience has been greatly enhanced since I stopped reading his and Nick KP's trash and I'm quite sure I'm not missing anything.

Nick as stopped posting for some reason or other.

Thank the Lord.

Did he go on holiday to Jersey?

:lol::icon_lol:

That's the funniest thing I've read on here in a week. BAD, but funny.

Seriously, if it meant those decent half dozen returning I'd ban you without a second's thought and deal with your liberal fence sitters who's scream and holler citing nazi-like modification.

How does the belief that no one should be banned constitute sitting on the fence?

because some people should be, Id have banned Armani for insane overuse of the word cunt alone tbh aside from the fact he was clearly one himself but people have still whined about it

We did ban him in the end for being a massive racist, before I did that I check his email address which started in ''white_England@.....'' That kind of sealed the deal.

in all seriousness, weve been blessed with some excellent keepers here in recent years. whatever we do in training clearly improves them so perhaps this elliott lad will develop too.

however, i fully expect the current regime to fuck this up

Just till Timmy 'gets snapped up by one those club we are vulnerable to, some of these clubs is backed by sovereign states, we ain't gonna compete with that, Mike's got an idea...'' right?

in all seriousness, weve been blessed with some excellent keepers here in recent years. whatever we do in training clearly improves them so perhaps this elliott lad will develop too.

develop in the academy? he's in his mid 20's

It worked for this lot:

police-academy-3-back-in-training-original.jpg

develop in the academy? he's in his mid 20's

he's hardly gonna go into the the academy is he :lol:

Not sure where i stand on player power. Nolan and Smith were thought to be heavily influencing the team selection under Hughton. Barton was woeful with his free kicks and corners on Saturday and i can well see him having a flounce if they are taken off him.

Good point. Difference was, it was working and if it aint broke, don't fix it.

But they tried to anyway...

Agreed, I guess it come down to the manager, if he's happy and its working then its fine.

What stands out to me over the Llambias/Pardew reign is I dont think any of the players have left on particularly good terms. Carroll, Campbell, Nolan, Routledge, Enrique, Xisco, Forster.

Rob Elliott is an odd move. You've got a few good keepers already. Mind you, I was pissed off when Souness brought in one of his mates from Liverpool reserves and got rid of Filan, who was a good keeper. That player was Brad Friedel.

Blackburn giving Simon Vuckenvic of Sporting Lisbon a medical today after agreeing a £2m fee. Unlike the Raul bid, which has gone a bit weird (it seems Raul wants to join, but Schalke won't let him) this one might actually be completed.

True, but Friedel was behind David James in the pecking order, when James was at his worst. Having said all that, I do think this is your Myles Anderson signing i.e. shit player in on the cheap who is never going to make it.

Pardew confirmed we put a bid in for Modibo Maiga

There's a lot of stuff coming out about him being on strike and we can't condone that. But in terms of us, we have put a bid in for the player and he is a player that we want to bring to the club. That's where that is and negotiations are still ongoing.

http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/7...ted-with-Barton

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Sturridge would be perfect if we can get him and hopefully to keep.

No chance :lol:

They wont keep five top forwards on their books. If i was a betting man I'd say Anelka to PSG or Drogba/Kalou to Spurs

Sturridge would be perfect if we can get him and hopefully to keep.

No chance :lol:

They wont keep five top forwards on their books. If i was a betting man I'd say Anelka to PSG or Drogba/Kalou to Spurs

Yeah that sounds more likely than us getting sturridge.

Pardew confirmed we put a bid in for Modibo Maiga

There's a lot of stuff coming out about him being on strike and we can't condone that. But in terms of us, we have put a bid in for the player and he is a player that we want to bring to the club. That's where that is and negotiations are still ongoing.

http://www.teamtalk.com/newcastle-united/7...ted-with-Barton

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Probably more shite from pardew tbh.

Fucking hell Steven Defour went to Porto for a poxy 6m euro, i'm surprised clubs weren't battling for him especially at that kinda money!

youre kidding! thats it?

Enrique concern for Newcastle's future and admits: I had to get out of Toon

Jose Enrique has admitted he fears for Newcastle's future and says the failure to invest in their playing staff this summer will return to haunt them.

The Spanish left back became the latest high-profile departure from St James' Park when he joined Liverpool for £5.5million last week and has already made himself at home on Merseyside.

But it has not stopped him revealing his concern that unless owner Mike Ashley backs manager Alan Pardew in the transfer market, Newcastle are heading for trouble.

Pardew had hoped to fill the hole made by Enrique's departure with PSV Eindhoven left back Erik Pieters but he has been unable to complete the deal.

Since January, Newcastle have lost Andy Carroll, Kevin Nolan and Enrique, with Joey Barton likely to follow, causing the 25-year-old Spaniard to question the board's ambition.

'It is not because we have left, because at some clubs good players leave,' said Enrique.

'But they have not signed another left back.

'I'm worried not for the club, more for the fans because they are amazing. I have a lot of friends in the dressing room and they are a little bit nervous because they don't know what the club will do.

'I think that is why everyone is leaving Newcastle. I think Joey Barton will leave soon and it is really hard for Alan Pardew.

'You want to be as high as you can in the table but maybe Newcastle don't think the same and that is why they sell their best players and that is why everyone moves.'

Enrique fell foul of Newcastle's hierarchy when he vented his frustrations on Twitter during the club's pre-season tour of the United States but it is not an incident he regrets.

'I got fined two weeks' wages but I didn't have any problems as I only had one year left on my contract and I wouldn't have cared if I had stayed,' he said.

'But I won't use Twitter again.'

Having made an assured start to his Liverpool career in last Saturday's 1-1 draw with Sunderland, Enrique will retain his place when Kenny Dalglish's side travel to Arsenal on Saturday.

He is confident Liverpool have what it takes to muscle back into the top four.

New signings: Ashley (right) will spend but fans don't know how good Ba (right) is

'It is easier to play than it is at Newcastle because you are surrounded by really, really good players.'

Meanwhile, Pardew has promised to bring in new signings before the end of the month to replace Carroll, Enrique and Nolan.

The trio have brought in nearly £50m between them, but so far Newcastle have spent just £5m on new recruits this summer.

The manager, who admits a new left back and striker are his priorities, will not have his new additions before the first North East derby of the season at the Stadium of Light on Saturday.

Pardew says owner Mike Ashley will not take much persuading to spend his money.

He said: 'I don't think I will need to nudge Mike. I've nudged him enough. I think he's very much aware but you've got to get the deal that's right for the football club.

'Everybody knows we need a left back and it's being made difficult by other clubs. We're trying to make sure this club is stronger than last year. We're not at that position yet but I think we will be a stronger squad at the end of August.

'The Newcastle public don't yet really know players like Cabaye, Ba, Abeid and Marveaux, but I think they'll find they're good buys and we've still got more to come.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l#ixzz1VQHduMLa