Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Enrique should keep his mouth shut. If he was so concerned about it he'd have stayed and seen out his contract. This is just a dig at his ex-employers and justifying his decision to leave imo.

As for Pardoo, it's more wind and piss. Show us the money, rapey.

Enrique can say what he wants. In fact, the more the better to highlight what a twat ashley is.

Yeah, they can't fine him now, and personally I'd rather get a proper understanding from someone who isn't on the clubs payroll than be fed bullshit by the likes of Pardew.

Of couse there could be a certain degree of self serving there, but with all of the supporting evidence for this I don't think that's really the case.

Enrique can say what he wants. In fact, the more the better to highlight what a twat ashley is.

Yeah, they can't fine him now, and personally I'd rather get a proper understanding from someone who isn't on the clubs payroll than be fed bullshit by the likes of Pardew.

Of couse there could be a certain degree of self serving there, but with all of the supporting evidence for this I don't think that's really the case.

This.

Not sure why it was so difficult to tell Enrique he's going nowhere until we got a replacement in. That way, we're not held to ransom by selling clubs and we have a top class left back who says he was happy to stay for the short term.

Mind blowing the way these mongs go about things.

Not sure why it was so difficult to tell Enrique he's going nowhere until we got a replacement in. That way, we're not held to ransom by selling clubs and we have a top class left back who says he was happy to stay for the short term.

Mind blowing the way these mongs go about things.

Exactly. None of Pardew's bullshit stands up to even the slightest scrutiny. Unless you're retarded.

BOSH!

ALAN Pardew insists there is an urgency to Newcastle United’s recruitment drive – despite declaring defeat in the race to land a left-back and striker before tomorrow’s Wear-Tyne derby clash.

Ryan Taylor will deputise for the departed José Enríque once more at the Stadium of Light after United’s efforts to sign a full-back were scuppered by what Pardew claims are selling clubs moving the goalposts and demanding bigger fees.

While admitting it would take a little longer than anticipated to bring in the defender he wants, he did confirm a bid has been lodged for Sochaux striker Modibo Maïga – although The Journal understands interest has cooled in Holland left-back Erik Pieters.

Lyon’s Aly Cissokho is now the priority defensive target and Pardew has hinted the club may be prepared to lodge an improved offer to get their man.

In a candid pre-derby briefing, he also admitted the squad was not as strong as it was 12 months ago – but said the situation would improve before the transfer deadline.

More Here

Nice of him to acknowledge the fact we've* been trying to hammer home since the window opened about the squad being weaker.

*Most of us

Seriously what is wrong with these twats?

You just know they are going to fuck around over pennies and then come Sept 2 we won't have got the LB and striker we need and there will be an offer on someone important to the team, "that was just to good to refuse!"

Seriously I wish the cunt would go broke so he has no choice but to sell up, even then you know he'd fuck the club in the arse one more time :lol:

Players' search is urgent - Alan Pardew

ALAN Pardew insists there is an urgency to Newcastle United’s recruitment drive – despite declaring defeat in the race to land a left-back and striker before tomorrow’s Wear-Tyne derby clash.

Ryan Taylor will deputise for the departed José Enríque once more at the Stadium of Light after United’s efforts to sign a full-back were scuppered by what Pardew claims are selling clubs moving the goalposts and demanding bigger fees.

While admitting it would take a little longer than anticipated to bring in the defender he wants, he did confirm a bid has been lodged for Sochaux striker Modibo Maïga – although The Journal understands interest has cooled in Holland left-back Erik Pieters.

Lyon’s Aly Cissokho is now the priority defensive target and Pardew has hinted the club may be prepared to lodge an improved offer to get their man.

In a candid pre-derby briefing, he also admitted the squad was not as strong as it was 12 months ago – but said the situation would improve before the transfer deadline.

Reacting to claims United have not acted quickly enough to secure their left back, he said: “I can only reassure people that not only have we tried to secure players but we are trying to secure two players we have in the building.

“That process is very, very important as well. We are trying to make sure this club going forward is stronger than it was last year.

“As it stands, when we started the season, I would say we are not at that position yet, but hopefully we will be.

“I don’t think I need to nudge Mike Ashley. I think he is very much aware of that.

“I don’t think I need to nudge him any more – I have nudged him enough!

“It is like where Arsenal are as well and a number of other clubs – like Spurs – you have to get the deal which is right for the football club.”

Surveying a summer when United are actually in profit in terms of transfer fees, Pardew admitted he is “frustrated” at the current impasse in bringing in new recruits.

That is a feeling shared by many United supporters, who believe the club are dragging their heels in their recruitment drive.

They have yet to secure a second striker despite bids for Mevlüt Erdinç, Gervinho and Kevin Gameiro. The £35million fee received for Andy Carroll is another bone of contention. Asked directly why a club

with that money in the bank was failing to land its targets, Pardew said it may be the case the club need to cough up an few million to land priority targets.

He added: “We might have to do that and we might be at the stage where we are doing that.

“So that question might be talking out of turn there.

“I have sat in another press conference as I have done quite often here with nobody across the line, but at some point we will.”

Pardew continues to insist a new left-back recruit is “close”.

He said: “The left-back situation is a week down the line and the plan we had went straight into action.

“Of course everybody knows we need a left-back and it is being made difficult not by us but by other clubs.

“We have to get over that. We have to make sure we reach an agreement with the other club which is right for them and right for us.”

On striker target Maïga, Pardew admits it is a concern the player has gone on strike to force through a deal to take him to St James’ Park – but he confirmed interest is ongoing.

He said: “He is a player we want to bring to the club. That is where that is. Negotiations are still ongoing.”

What's all this nudging business? At the roulette wheel or something?

Mike brazenly tosses his chips across the table and bellows "500k on 13!".

Alan softly nudges Mike on his left third roll and coos 'that could get Erik over the line Mike, 100%'.

Sick to death of this mob, this is like being trapped in an arranged marriage to a CUNT.

Cissokho would be a good signing, would have thought a more mobile, smaller striker would be a better option than Maigia

Isn't Maigia supposed to be quite pacey?

Cissokho would be a good signing, would have thought a more mobile, smaller striker would be a better option than Maigia

Isn't Maigia supposed to be quite pacey?

Think someone said his game is all about power, not much pace/skill