Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skysports.com (who generally know little) reckon a number of clubs are in for Adam Johnson. Would love it if one of them was us.

Really good player, but a weedy looking little gimp whos wages would be way too high for us to be of any interest to him.

What Pisses me off though is that players like Johnson will end up on loan at somewhere like Bolton and we won't have even picked up the phone.

Depends if we can get a landline number for him I reckon.

What Pisses me off though is that players like Johnson will end up on loan at somewhere like Bolton and we won't have even picked up the phone.

:D "You're not fucking ringing mobiles from club phones, Alan. Ring his landline. Evenings and weekends only."

:D "You're not fucking ringing mobiles from club phones, Alan. Ring his landline. Evenings and weekends only."

*sound of Johnson's mobile followed by operator's voice*:

"I've got an Alan Pardew on the line, do you mind if he reverses the charges?"

NTV Sport in Turkey are reporting Arsenal have agreed a fee in the region of €7m for Fenerbache full-back Andre Santos (Twitter).

Wenger needs to bid for either Hazard or Gotze.

So come to think of it, if we dont get any bids etc in tomorrow for a striker from a foreign league we aren't going to sign one with the window closing at 11pm Wednesday as there probably not being enough time

And will probably get nee one, or someone from the domestic leagues

The thought of getting Carlton Cole has just dawned that it may actually happen

So come to think of it, if we dont get any bids etc in tomorrow for a striker from a foreign league we aren't going to sign one with the window closing at 11pm Wednesday as there probably not being enough time

And will probably get nee one, or someone from the domestic leagues

The thought of getting Carlton Cole has just dawned that it may actually happen

We've only had since last January to find a decent striker. You can't rush these things.

I honestly think Llambias looks at the squad and says, corblimey look at all the strikers we've got - Best, Lovenkrands, Ameobi, Ranger, Ba - don't know why we need to sign another one, I'm not Harry fucking Redknapp you know.

And because most of the strikers we do have are utterly shit, no one will take them off our hands so it's catch 22.

I was thinking a loan with them paying a portion of his wages.

Dreaming here, I know.

yeah we havent signed a midfielder for a while eh?

at least one striker and a left back we need desperately dont we ffs?

Jesus wept. Not sure what your point is.

I only mentioned him because an article suggested he might leave Man City in the near future. Has nothing to do with the reality of what and who we need to bring in, and soon. I'd like to think we'd try something if he became available but not if it impacted our LB/striker search. He's better than all of our current midfielders.

Dreaming here, I know.

I only mentioned him because an article suggested he might leave Man City in the near future. Has nothing to do with the reality of what and who we need to bring in, and soon. I'd like to think we'd try something if he became available but not if it impacted our LB/striker search. He's better than all of our current midfielders.

hey i wasnt having a go at you like but midfield does seem the only area for which we are adequately staffed. Thats not to say that adma johnson wouldn't greatly improve our team but i can think of other areas i would prefer to dream about, knaa what i mean lyek?

Dreaming here, I know.

hey i wasnt having a go at you like but midfield does seem the only area for which we are adequately staffed. Thats not to say that adma johnson wouldn't greatly improve our team but i can think of other areas i would prefer to dream about, knaa what i mean lyek?

Eh, fair enough. And yeah, I agree. Given Skysports.com's track record, there's probably nothing in that article and even if there was it doesn't mean we'd be in for him. In reality it looks like we'll do well just to bring a LB in.

Dreaming here, I know.

Eh, fair enough. And yeah, I agree. Given Skysports.com's track record, there's probably nothing in that article and even if there was it doesn't mean we'd be in for him. In reality it looks like we'll do well just to bring a LB in.

I do have faith in Djemba like but i think we really could do with getting a goal scorer who we can rely on putting the ball into the net.