Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Same old same old. We work ourselves into a frenzy speculating who we are going to bring in whilst the club has absolutely no intention whatsoever of signing any more players. Pardew will have been told he has to sell a striker before he can bring another one in' and as far as I know we have had no enquiries for Best, and although Ranger may go later on tonight it will be too late to bring in a replacement (sounds a familiar scenario doesnt it).

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same old same old. We work ourselves into a frenzy speculating who we are going to bring in whilst the club has absolutely no intention whatsoever of signing any more players. Pardew will have been told he has to sell a striker before he can bring another one in' and as far as I know we have had no enquiries for Best, and although Ranger may go later on tonight it will be too late to bring in a replacement (sounds a familiar scenario doesnt it).

Clearly I'm not their biggest fan but you're just making stuff up to suit your agenda.

We obviously have tried to sign more players, but typically we've left things too late or just not done business very well. Suggesting we need to sell someone to bring someone else in makes no sense.

I thought it was funny and accurate

Not only inaccurate, but a sorry slur against one of the greatest strikers to come from the Ameobi family. I was trembling with rage when I read it.

Fwiw I think we'll sign someone really shit before the deadline, and we also have a habit of making stupid bids for ex players like N'Zogbia. Could see another one of those coming.

This sorry outcome was so predictable. Why anyone gets their hopes up with these knackers in charge is beyond me. I'm directing this at you CT and your misguided optimism for what it's worth. Yet another disappointing window, with key players sold and not replaced, particularly galling considering how much money we have taken in this year and the complete lack of depth in the squad and quality up front.

Another thoroughly depressing victory for team negative.

Edited by Dr Gloom

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

The word coming out of #nufc is nothing happening, not a thing, not Ridgewell, not a striker, nowt. Judge them on Sept 1 we were told!

:lol:

Lambias was up till 4 am last night mate, hes gone to bed early to catch up on his sleep.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Toon went in 'far too late' for Ruiz. Another top player; another 'so nearly' to add to the collection #nufc

Clearly the club are just going through the motions. If they'd REALLY wanted a striker they would have got one by now.

Edited by duo

I'm sure we have been in talks with clubs about strikers but if our club won't part with the funds we aren't going to get anyone in. Blame lies with our owner and Lambias.

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc But have been told there might, just might, be something in the pipeline still...

34 seconds ago

»

Lee Ryder

lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc André-Pierre Gignac also a no go

1 minute ago