Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We might as well have kept Carroll. I'm sure the money for a fucking bore hole and a new table tennis table could have come from somewhere else.

I really don't know what to say. Just astonished that they'll allow us to go into the season with only Ba in as a new striker.

There are so many players we could have gone for and we had so many chances to do so. Even loans. What are they playing at?

I see Bellamy has signed for Liverpool.

Now I know we were never going to get him specifically - but look at the ambition and strength in depth they have now. They're able to bring in someone of his quality as backup!

Even Fulham are far better off than we are with a fit Zamora, Dembele and Johnson. Adding Ruiz to that makes a formidable strikeforce. Even Stoke have more ambition than us!

You all seem surprised we got no striker? I'm surprised we got a LB in.

We only got it because:

a.) He came cheap

b.) There is a potential nice sell on price

Same with all our signings. And if Ashley could have found a striker in a similar mold he would have bought him. He clearly didn't.

Well that was a shit transfer window, even by ashley's standards. Just when we thought we couldn't sink any lower after the carrol debacle. The fact is we were at least a striker or two light before we sold him.

Bendtner would've been good, i think he'll do well for the unwashed tbh good potential and with constant run outs should perform

I actually think he's got bags of talent - it's his temperament that's the problem.

I knew that decent start to the season would convince Ashley we don't need another striker. From his pov, we probably don't. PL survival on a tight budget is all he's arsed about. He's shown before he's prepared to take that gamble so that's all he's doing now tbh. 1-0 to Team Smug.