Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, time for bed.........In Summary

Some very good signings, however no new striker (other than Ba) a big shame.

Party time in the Best household

A long time til the next game

Well that's it in a nutshell from Team Positive "A big Shame" you Cretinous Dullard. Any chance of an admission that you have been talking pure shite for months?

In Summary the FCB strategy........................Sell Carroll for £35M.............Feed the Mongs stories about new strikers coming in.......Watch and listen as sad bastards wank themselves silly at the thought of the new striker we will get with the £35M.....................make some false bids....watch Lee Ryder print your shite................Spend the £35M on pies, jazz mags and buying the No Fear brand.............Laugh at the NUFC supporters .............Cunt

I see Wigan managed to get Van Aanholt for a years loan from Chelsea, makes you wonder why our lot could not have done it. Oh yes does this windows last minute sad bids for strikers we wont get (and the FCB does not want) remind you of the nonsense £13M bid for Nzogbia last window?

Pardew is well fucked now especially as Kuqi has signed for Oldham. Bargain bin time again ffs

You utter fucking mong, we signed a class defender yesterday, we have also signed good midfielders and a proven striker, yeah I'm gutted we didn't get another but I'm glad we didn't spunk on Cole or the like. The club tried and failed on multiple targets and made mistakes by not acting sooner but what's done is done

Tried and failed in bids eh? Do you believe in the tooth fairy and Santa Claus as well?

If you want to see a Mong look in the Mirror. Funny how all our "Bids" failed for strikers, remember when PSG said that we had never actually submitted a bid? Dipshit.

Had we signed a striker most would have been very satisfied so as disappointing as it is that we didnt, it hardly calls for the mass over reaction / relegation threads.

We still have 7 points from three games, have one new striker, various back up strikers, Ben Arfa due back, Sammi breaking through, some quality signings and 7 points from three games.

Disappointing yes, end of the world? Not quite.

Bit of perspective

Had we signed a striker most would have been very satisfied so as disappointing as it is that we didnt, it hardly calls for the mass over reaction / relegation threads.

We still have 7 points from three games, have one new striker, various back up strikers, Ben Arfa due back, Sammi breaking through, some quality signings and 7 points from three games.

Disappointing yes, end of the world? Not quite.

Bit of perspective

The lies. The constant lies

I could've lived with the lack of signings if there was at least one argument for saving the money. But feeding the fans all these twisted lies through 8 fuckin months almost every day, telling us how we are gonna spend the cash we got on quality players that would make us competitive again.....it's an absolute disgrace! We certainly won't be getting many more fans, makes me sick.

I could've lived with the lack of signings if there was at least one argument for saving the money. But feeding the fans all these twisted lies through 8 fuckin months almost every day, telling us how we are gonna spend the cash we got on quality players that would make us competitive again.....it's an absolute disgrace! We certainly won't be getting many more fans, makes me sick.

Yup. To be honest, I'd have more respect for them if they were like Kenwright and the Everton board and just said there wasn't any money. Spun the '£35m will be reinvested' shit to avoid a backlash short term in the hope we'd just forget about it.

Very disappointed we didn't get another striker. Even a few loan deals would have given us much needed depth in defence and up front. There's no excuse really, they had long enough to sort it, they didn't want to spend the money or preferred to play a game of brinkmanship.

Ba/Best/Ameobi/Lovenkrands/Jailbait.

Worst strikeforce in the prem. Twats.

Very disappointed we didn't get another striker. Even a few loan deals would have given us much needed depth in defence and up front. There's no excuse really, they had long enough to sort it, they didn't want to spend the money or preferred to play a game of brinkmanship.

No way is that the worst strikeforce in the prem. Everton have an argentinian loanee and a rarely fit Saha as their only strikers with Beckford and Yakubu gone not to mention the likes of Norwich and Swansea.

The strikeforce could be better certainly. I reckon we were in for a few strikers but were to stingy to pull any deal off, we'll probably try again in January. Not ideal but it's still a decent squad overall imo.

From BBC:

0002: DONE DEAL

I wrote this one off. I was wrong. Fulham have signed FC Twente striker Bryan Ruiz. That comes after late interest from Newcastle that saw the Magpies have a £12m bid accepted but fail to agree personal terms with the Costa Rican.

How low must have our offer been for Fulham to beat it?

Just says it all really. Was all just for show.

Edited by duo

From BBC:

I wrote this one off. I was wrong. Fulham have signed FC Twente striker Bryan Ruiz. That comes after late interest from Newcastle that saw the Magpies have a £12m bid accepted but fail to agree personal terms with the Costa Rican.

How low much have our offer been for Fulham to beat it?

To be fair, who said it was about the money we offered? I imagine we simply got involved at too late a stage, when he was already set on a move to Fulham.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

No way is that the worst strikeforce in the prem. Everton have an argentinian loanee and a rarely fit Saha as their only strikers with Beckford and Yakubu gone not to mention the likes of Norwich and Swansea.

The strikeforce could be better certainly. I reckon we were in for a few strikers but were to stingy to pull any deal off, we'll probably try again in January. Not ideal but it's still a decent squad overall imo.

OK, maybe I was exagerrating because I'm fucking pissed off. Glad you're happy with it though, I'm not.

From BBC:

I doubt it was a real bid. That muppet on SSN said that Ruiz didn't show up to the helicopter they'd booked. More likely they sent him to Gatwick on a wild goose chase. "Yes Bryan just ask at the easyjet desk".

What a fucking joke. Normal service resumed, back to being the biggest joke in the premiership. We have now officially become a tier 2 club with the Evertons, Aston Villas and Tottenhams of this world.

Worse still, you fucking Ashley apologists still don't get the message. This would never have happened with the old board. Europe, you are having a laugh.

Ashley has a net spend of -£47million since he has been in here in the transfer market, benefitted from parachute payments, used the club to boost sports-direct sales, dramatically cut costs such that we are cheaper than poundland. He has taken so much money out the club.

FFS.

From BBC:

To be fair, who said it was about the money we offered? I imagine we simply got involved at too late a stage, when he was already set on a move to Fulham.

Precisely, should have done long before today.

What a fucking joke. Normal service resumed, back to being the biggest joke in the premiership. We have now officially become a tier 2 club with the Evertons, Aston Villas and Tottenhams of this world.

Worse still, you fucking Ashley apologists still don't get the message. This would never have happened with the old board. Europe, you are having a laugh.

Ashley has a net spend of -£47million since he has been in here in the transfer market, benefitted from parachute payments, used the club to boost sports-direct sales, dramatically cut costs such that we are cheaper than poundland. He has taken so much money out the club.

FFS.