Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play to Poyet and Brighton!

0,,10433~9953633,00.gif

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/page/Latest/0,,1...2439699,00.html

Albion have concluded a deal for former Spanish international Vicente Rodriguez.

The 30-year-old left Valencia in the summer and attracted interest from a number of top European and English clubs.

The highly-rated offensive midfielder joins Albion on a one-year deal and brings a wealth of experience having played at the very top level in Spain, Europe and international football.

Capped 38 times by Spain, he has also won two La Liga titles with Valencia, the Uefa Cup in 2004 and also helped Los Che to the Champions League Final in 2001.

Gus Poyet explained, "Vicente is the special player we wanted. He has great qualities in terms of his ability and flexibility to play in a range of different positions, so plenty of quality.

"He also brings a great experience having played at the top level for the last ten years with Valencia, including the Champions League, Uefa Cup and international football with Spain.

"Throughout his career, he has always attracted great interest from top clubs across Europe so this is a major coup to bring him to the Amex.

"I am sure the supporters will have seen him in action in La Liga or in the Champions League and will be very excited by the prospect of seeing him in a Brighton & Hove Albion shirt."

Vicente began his career with Levante in 1997, but switched to Valencia in 2000, where he went on to make over 300 appearance for the La Liga giants before leaving at the end of last season.

He has also represented Spain from under-16 to senior level and appeared for his country at Euro 2004 in Portugal.

Vicente passed a medical at the Amex on Tuesday, concluded talks last night and signed at the club earlier today, before travelling back to Spain with his agent.

He will return to Brighton on Monday and link up with his new teammates for training next week, ahead of the match at Bristol City on Saturday.

Guest Your Name Here

Where the fuck is Pardew?

Has he gone on holiday? Has he had a bust up with Dekka? Has he been abducted by aliens? Is he hiding under a rock?

Or maybe he's having second thoughts about managing a team run by the two most idiotic men in the galaxy... if Alan Pardew really meant everything he promised, I can imagine the fight they had on deadline day, he's probably more pissed than any of us.

Edited by Aeris

Guest Your Name Here
Or maybe he's having second thoughts about managing a team run by the two most idiotic men in the galaxy... if Alan Pardew really meant everything he promised, I can imagine the fight they had on deadline day, he's probably more pissed than any of us.

I wouldn’t rule it out.

He isn’t going to come out and guarantee 100% that a striker will be signed unless he a) had guarantees from above or b ) is a fuckwit.

Probably dreaming up some shitty excuse for lying to the supporters again, but just might be getting a solicitor to see if he has a case for constructive dismissal.

Edited by Your Name Here

That mention of Carlton Cole to Galatasaray reminds me of when Darius Vassell went to a Turkish club, I can't remember which. There was a video of the supporters going absolutely mental that he was signing:

Crackers

Lol, that's some celebration for a guy who came scored 4 goals and left.

Fuck-fair play to Poyet.

he has made a very impressive start to his managerial career.

He was the brains behind Leeds resurgence under Wise. When he left Leeds crumbled.

I know

Sunday Sun today claiming that the January shopping list is a right back, centre back and striker.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle...79310-29358631/

Seems that Mr Simpson will be on his way.

What's the point, CT? We've as much reason to believe that the existence of alien lifeforms will be confirmed in January as getting signings in those positions. Seriously, what's the point?

I'm completely fed up with this transfer speculation tbpfh

Just had a look at the Sunday Sun footy articles using CT's link. Pathetic mixture of excuses and inane January transfer speculation, could have been propaganda written by the club. Football reporting for retards imo.

"You ain't gonna get penny of that, Alan".....

Simpson will have to leave because he wants a new contract not because they have ambitions of improving that position. They'll probably replace him with 1/3 of what QPR will pay for Simpson, and say they're going to focus the cash on the striker... a striker they'll of course never get and ends up getting someone like Kuqi at the last minute.

I see Agent Ryder has been tasked with changing the focus away from the club's utter failure in today's Chronicle.

Articles about the Ossie Ardiles years, when Steve Howey converted to centre half and the need for Hughton to be given an honourary Geordie tag.

FFS :D

I see Agent Ryder has been tasked with changing the focus away from the club's utter failure in today's Chronicle.

Articles about the Ossie Ardiles years, when Steve Howey converted to centre half and the need for Hughton to be given an honourary Geordie tag.

FFS :D

he cant possibly be paid for writing that shit