Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

400a.jpg

In Liverpool, Bellamy and Rodriguez must serve as back-up

In Newcastle, Shola and Lovenkrands are certain starters...

Somebody sees the leagues we have fallen below the rest???

Edited by Aeris

Bellamy and Ba would have been decent.

Not sussed out Ba yet - still not convinced by him. Bar his deflected shot on Sunday I am yet to see him hit the target nevermind score a goal.

Edited by duo

Some more interesting tweets from Joey Barton tonight about the club, by the way:

@aknufc95 u keep believing that sh*t mate. I have no reason to lie. Feel sorry for the club, Newcastle good side at the min but they'll keep...

Twitter for iPad • 01/09/2011 00:30

@aknufc95 ...selling their assets and replacing with cheaper gambles. Santon?? 16 games since 2008, in a poor Italian league, hardly proven PL...

Twitter for iPad • 01/09/2011 00:31

@aknufc95 ...quality........I could be wrong. Also, Language, cultural differences between Milan and North East

Twitter for iPad • 01/09/2011 00:32

@rufiorobo feel sorry for Geordie nation, them 2 nuggets don't deserve that club or it's following. Am sure they think people r stupid

Twitter for iPad • 01/09/2011 00:44

@Chubbza tiote and krul will be sold as soon as there's a significant bid or the ask for a new deal, jonas and collo off by this time nx yr

Twitter for iPad • 01/09/2011 00:47

When asked if he had anything against Pardew:

@Jobey07 no, not his fault

Twitter for iPad • 01/09/2011 00:54

There are more too, but my phone won't let me copy and paste anymore seemingly

Edited by rogerbarton

From BBC:
0002: DONE DEAL

I wrote this one off. I was wrong. Fulham have signed FC Twente striker Bryan Ruiz. That comes after late interest from Newcastle that saw the Magpies have a £12m bid accepted but fail to agree personal terms with the Costa Rican.

How low must have our offer been for Fulham to beat it?

Just says it all really. Was all just for show.

Craig David, as he'd be known as in Nigeria, said we offered him better terms, someones lying. Mebeez Decka told him to say that, knowing we'd end up spending fuck all because of the shit terms on offer.

I'm mystified by why you've signed two keepers in Elliot and Bollock. You have Krul, Harper and don't you still have Forster? Very strange unless Ashley wants to sell them all in the next few windows.

Barton was saying that Krul (& Tiote) will be out of the door as soon as anyone comes sniffing. And 12 months from now it'll be Coloccini & Jonas who are pushed out.

Bizarre innit. Keeper is the one position where we have strength in depth.

Forster AND Krul to be flogged by next summer I reckon. Give these new lads 12 months to 'bed in' :clapping:

There's a kid on NO who's absolutely insistent that this transfer window was a success. To be fair, most people are lining up to call him a twat, but what a clueless twat.

He must be on glue. I rarely go on there anymore.

I don't know why I expected us to sign a striker. My head said nothing would happen. My heart said they couldn't be that stupid. I'm a bit disappointed with myself, 44 years old and still a bit gullible.

Well am 38 and i had convinced myself by Tuesday night that we would get a striker so you're in company anyway.

However, when we sold Enrique i was in the same hopeful state of mind (without reason at that moment) and Gemmill basically made a strong case and post that he wouldnt be replaced and we wouldnt get a striker. Thats when i caught myself and realised aye, getting carried away with hope but the form book is there for all to see. So i reset the expectations and assumed no one was coming in. Then we signed Santon, hormones went through the roof and there was me refreshing french transfer market websites.

Ffs.

There's a kid on NO who's absolutely insistent that this transfer window was a success. To be fair, most people are lining up to call him a twat, but what a clueless twat.

If we had signed Cisse or Maiga i think there would be a strong case for that. Unfortunately given as the one player missing is the most important overall, its a case of close but no cigar.

I don't know why I expected us to sign a striker. My head said nothing would happen. My heart said they couldn't be that stupid. I'm a bit disappointed with myself, 44 years old and still a bit gullible.

Well am 38 and i had convinced myself by Tuesday night that we would get a striker so you're in company anyway.

However, when we sold Enrique i was in the same hopeful state of mind (without reason at that moment) and Gemmill basically made a strong case and post that he wouldnt be replaced and we wouldnt get a striker. Thats when i caught myself and realised aye, getting carried away with hope but the form book is there for all to see. So i reset the expectations and assumed no one was coming in. Then we signed Santon, hormones went through the roof and there was me refreshing french transfer market websites.

Ffs.

Yes, well santon felt like we were gathering momentum, and between a LB and striker, I thought LB was the less likely. On a number of fronts I thought a new striker was a no brainer. How wrong can you get :clapping:

If we had signed Cisse or Maiga i think there would be a strong case for that. Unfortunately given as the one player missing is the most important overall, its a case of close but no cigar.

Aye I'd go along with that. The failure to get a striker in is criminal though, given the time we've had to get it sorted. There comes a point where, if the market dictates it, you have to just pay that extra 1 or 2 million regardless of your valuation of three player. We seem to have reached a point where that is just not an option.

Lot of talk about strikers, but we are arguably more short at the other end of the pitch. We're in serious sh1t if either Steven Taylor or Collocini get a longish term knock.

Everyone wanted a new striker and we could do with someone more mobile, but a fit Bafra behind either Best, Ba or Shola isn't the end of the world.

Edited by donaldstott

Lot of talk about strikers, but we are arguably more short at the other end of the pitch. We're in serious sh1t if either Steven Taylor or Collocini get a longish term knock.

Everyone wanted a new striker and we could do with someone more mobile, but a fit Bafra behind either Best, Ba or Shola isn't the end of the world.

Aye, I think Coloccini is the one we really want to stay fit as I think either Taylor or Williamson are ok alongside him (the former looking by far the better of late though) whereas I think those two together are shades of O'Brien and Bramble. In terms of bodies, at least, defence is easily the weakest department.

In all honesty, I would question the word 'close' in that sentence.

Santon I'm really pleased with don't get me wrong but the main striker berth wasn't just something you can have an 11th hour punt at, if indeed we did actually do that at all. In the context of the position being vacant since last January I mean.