Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
****YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST****

Ricky Lambert supposed to be signing for the Toon. I have my sources.

I heard this a couple of days ago aswell. top scorer in all leagues for the past 2 seasons. dont think hes ever played higher than the 3rd division tho.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6220620,00.html

Newcastle are looking to broker a deal for Bolton's Jlloyd Samuel, skysports.com understands.

The 27-year-old has been with Bolton since 2007 after leaving his first club Aston Villa.

He has been a first-team regular at The Reebok, playing anywhere across the back four.

Now he has emerged as a target for Newcastle boss Chris Hughton - who is hoping to strike a deal for the Trinidad & Tobago international.

Samuel, 29, has one-year left on his current contract and Newcastle are hoping they can land their man for less than £1.5million.

27 or 29, 27 or 29, 27 or 29 J-Lloyd Samuel!!!

Newcastle United wait on Vladimir Weiss

Jun 21 2010

by Neil Farrington, Evening Chronicle

WORLD CUP winger Vladimir Weiss is keen on the idea of playing for Newcastle next season – but is yet to hear from the Magpies.

As revealed by the Chronicle last Tuesday, United are mulling over a season-long loan move for Weiss, who faces another year of struggle to claim a starting place at Manchester City.

And, having spent the second half of last season at Bolton, the 20-year-old would relish the chance to play regularly at “a big club” like Newcastle, according to his agent.

Weiss and his Slovakia team-mates need a win against Italy on Thursday to progress to the World Cup knock-out stages after a 2-0 defeat against Paraguay yesterday left them bottom of Group F.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Yet his agent, Juraj Venglos, expects there to be no development in Weiss’s situation until the tournament winds up on July 11.

“On Newcastle, I only know what has been reported. We haven’t heard anything, and things will only be decided after the World Cup. I don’t know anything until then,” said Venglos today.

“But Vladimir just wants to play football – and of course he wants to play at a big club.

“He must make the decision himself, though, and that will only come after the World Cup.

“We will see.”

Weiss played the full 90 minutes as Slovakia – coached by his father – were well beaten in only their second-ever match on the planet’s biggest stage yesterday.

The wide man also picked up a booking on an afternoon of frustration in Bloemfontein.

Sunderland new boy Cristian Riveros sealed victory for Paraguay, who are now within touching distance of the second round.

But Italy’s shock 1-1 draw with New Zealand kept alive the Slovaks’ hopes of an extended stay in South Africa.

Meanwhile, Weiss’s fellow wide man Fabrice Pancrate could be set for a move to Turkey after the end of his brief stay at Newcastle.

Pancrate, who failed to win a extension to the short-term deal he signed at St James’ Park last season, is a target for Super League duo Bursaspor and Manisaspor.

Source

Agent using a well known club with a history of spending money as a vehicle to get his client a big contract iyam

I'd expect him to be on big wages, and I know he doesn't fit the "English, under 28, resale value", but I'd have liked to have him for a season or so.