Christmas Tree

Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Jesus wept. Here we go again.

£1m for Jason Roberts

Oh dear. The sort of bargain basement go nowhere signing that I wouldn't have even the slightest tingling of excitement over. Not that I take anything the Fail write as truth.

"And Hughton, who has a limited budget at his disposal, views the experienced marksman as the perfect foil for young strikers Andy Carroll and Shola Ameobi"... Shola is 29 in October. Abysmal excuse for journalism. But if there's any truth in that story I might have a cry. Rather just have Shola tbh.

Steven Taylor swap for Carlos Puyol.

The sort of nonsense even the NOTW wouldn't come up with.

Hang on a minute... Puyol, Coloccini & Carroll in the same team... aren't we linked with Bullard too?

I see a pattern forming here - seems like it's a case of "Tough shit 'one size'...." :razz:

Imagine coloccini and Puyol in our defense... the hair alone would put the fear into strikers ;)

Hang on a minute... Puyol, Coloccini & Carroll in the same team... aren't we linked with Bullard too?

I see a pattern forming here - seems like it's a case of "Tough shit 'one size'...." :razz:

Imagine coloccini and Puyol in our defense... the hair alone would put the fear into strikers ;)

can you imagine if coloccini plays like he did this season with puyol next to him? REALLY not gonna happen but would be pretty special.

and Jonas.

BBC gossip column has Robbie Keane linked to Wolves and Scharner meant to be leaving Wigan. Well, I know Keane played for Wolves before, but imo he'd be better off signing for us. Spurs supposedly want 8 mil for him - he's worth another look I'd say. And Scharner is a proven PL player, the likes of which we'll need.

TBH I wouldn't pay that much for Keane. Not saying he's worth it, but he needs the ball delivered to him. If we spent 8 mill on him not much would be spent elsewhere and consequently he wouldn't score the amount of goals required.

Plus his goal celebration is naff.

TBH I wouldn't pay that much for Keane. Not saying he's worth it, but he needs the ball delivered to him. If we spent 8 mill on him not much would be spent elsewhere and consequently he wouldn't score the amount of goals required.

It's an enigma. What proven Premier League striker doesn't need the ball delivered to him? Rooney, I suppose - open up the chequebook Fat Mike! :razz:

It's an enigma. What proven Premier League striker doesn't need the ball delivered to him? Rooney, I suppose - open up the chequebook Fat Mike! :razz:

well I think the idea is that keane isnt the sort of target man player who can feed off anything, he needs a provider alongside him who understands his game to make him work properly

Jeremain Lens - Forward

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...emain-Lens.html

Wolves joined by Wigan, Fulham, Sunderland and Newcastle in hunt for Jeremain Lens

Wolves are facing competition from Wigan, Newcastle United, Sunderland and Fulham to sign the £5m rated AZ Alkmaar forward Jeremain Lens.

Mick McCarthy has made a personal check on 22-year-old Lens but Wigan, Newcastle, Sunderland and Fulham also sent scouts to watch him and winger Simon Poulsen against Celtic on Wednesday.

Wolves have also joined Blackburn and Birmingham in the race to sign Portsmouth striker Aruna Dindane from parent club Lens. Portsmouth midfielder Papa Bouba Diop, 32, has been offered to Paris St Germain.

Another Bundesliga player on his way over here is Bayern Munich reserve striker Deniz Yilmaz, with Newcastle and Celtic both keen on the 22-year-old Turk. (Daily Mail)

:o

Talk of Ireland wanting out of man city this summer, probably beyond us but it would be nice

Talk of Ireland wanting out of man city this summer, probably beyond us but it would be nice

10m easily they'd be looking for him, we'd not even pay half of that.

and us signing a centre midfielder that isn't as crap as alan smith? no chance :)