Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't aware it was up to Carr to do the negotiating on our transfer deals?

Fair enough add the negotiators into it as well(pretty much what i meant when i said transfer squad tbh, ie everyone involved with transfers) then if it makes you happy, either way we've signed fuck all, he's incharge of finding players to bring in, and out of all of them the one he's had to most time to find they've all pulled together and fucked it up royally.

So yes all a bunch of useless pricks frankly.

If he wasn't able in 8months to have a shortlist that contained one single striker we could manage to get then yes he's at fault.

Linking us with the likes of Gameiro was just stupid (if he had him on the list knowing what his probably scope/directive was it's frankly moronic might as well have added in Higuain for the craic)

a club having to come out and say "err no we've had no contact from them and the fax machines on" (Erdinc?) is also stupid

a club having to report us and say "please stop contacting our player directly" is...

Well everyone gets the idea.

8Months, a crap load of cash, and our board/Scouts/Agents/Negotiators couldn't come up with a single signing of note for up front, not one...that's pathetic.

Look, the club had their main targets and none wanted to come. They identified more targets which were subject to others coming into those clubs, which didn't happen. They won't pay fucking stupid money ie 10m for crouch and everyone would rightly go mental if we signed Cole and players like Bentner demanding 80k a week is laughable. My view is the club are still trying, Hence the Ruiz bid. They are sticking to their model of not paying over the odds or signing old players. Not many moaned when Santon was announced yesterday either

If we sign this ruiz and ridgewell I will dance a merry dance, praise CT and hail a glorious victory for team positive while tucking into a generous helping of humble pie.

I'm sure we have been in talks with clubs about strikers but if our club won't part with the funds we aren't going to get anyone in. Blame lies with our owner and Lambias.

Thank fuck for clearing that up, I was starting to blame Pardew.

Some people do. Or they blame Carr.

i did say "transfer squad" and then elaborated it to explain what i meant, but yeah Carrs included, when a persons job is to scout a load of viable options for signings, and has 8 months to do it, he's got part of the blame at his feet if none of those options come through.

(and if he has 2nd top scorer for a top league in as one of them for us, he's either part of team deluded optimism or he's a mong)

I wouldn't be surprised though if in June they were told to scout potential 10-15million pound players only to have that moved in august to 6-9million pound players. It's just my opinion but the buck stops with the owner as he holds the cash and I wouldn't put it past him to mess the scouts or manager around.

Stoke in talks for Adam Johnson on loan. Class player.

be surprised if city let him go, decent player and surely making up their english quota for the champions league.

tbh that's why i assumed they signed Hargreaves and all

I tell ya what if Stoke get him then that is huge for them. It's a shame we couldn't be but we could never cover the wages.