Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Shocking that we had 8months to get a striker and we only got serious about one in the middle of his medical with 4 hours to go.

It's almost as if the club didn't want to spend the money.

Doubt there was ever really a bid. Smokescreen, just as predicted, and just like N'Zogbia in January.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got exactly what I expected from the cunts in charge - another utterly shit window - and yet I'm still left feeling totally disgusted by their ineptitude. I was clinging on to the faint hope that they might have bought a clue, but no. They're still a bunch of despicable fuckwits who really don't give a shiny shite about how we do this season. Shola, best and ba ffs - officially the shittest strikeforce in the top flight.

Shocking that we had 8months to get a striker and we only got serious about one in the middle of his medical with 4 hours to go.

He's not an out-and-out stiker, more of a winger/no. 10 style, apparently.

Our transfer policy just won't work when it comes to strikers. You pay a premium for goals, end off. This Cisse from Freiburg, he has a fantastic goalscoring record at a shit club, we should have splashed out the extra 1-2 mill it would have taken to sign him (if that was the case). That'd be an example of putting all that inflow from the Carroll sale onwards to good use.

Of course he doesn't want to spend the money. As long as there's enough players to put out on the field every game he's happy, no ambition for the future of the team at all.

A farce as predicted. Glad to see others see this as the half arsed/PR stunt that the alleged bid was. Pathetic, laughable, but not surprising. What makes me more angry about all of this is that once again they think we're fucking stupid and treat us as such. Wankers.

Shola, best and ba ffs - officially the shittest strikeforce in the top flight.

Combined cost 1.5 mill.

It is amazing that every other club spends millions on its strike force and we spend the equivalent of a pint of lager and a packet of pork scratchings. Almost as if scoring goals doesn't matter. Madness.

So many no-brainer deals we could've pounced upon.

Bendtner on loan is an absolute gem of a signing for any team outside the CL teams.

I think Santon was meant to be the big name signing to appease us. Dreading Pardew's excuses for not signing a striker. Cringefest.