Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

No way is that the worst strikeforce in the prem. Everton have an argentinian loanee and a rarely fit Saha as their only strikers with Beckford and Yakubu gone not to mention the likes of Norwich and Swansea.

Cahill and Fellaini can fit great into the striker roles aswell, and Anichebe got potential, they are not worse than us.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley has a net spend of -£47million since he has been in here in the transfer market, benefitted from parachute payments, used the club to boost sports-direct sales, dramatically cut costs such that we are cheaper than poundland. He has taken so much money out the club.

FFS.

Ashley's definitely one of the dirtiest con-men of this world.

From BBC:
0002: DONE DEAL

I wrote this one off. I was wrong. Fulham have signed FC Twente striker Bryan Ruiz. That comes after late interest from Newcastle that saw the Magpies have a £12m bid accepted but fail to agree personal terms with the Costa Rican.

How low much have our offer been for Fulham to beat it?

Just says it all really. Was all just for show.

To be fair, who said it was about the money we offered? I imagine we simply got involved at too late a stage, when he was already set on a move to Fulham.

Precisely, should have done long before today.

If we were properly in for him, simply making the offer 48 hours ago would quite possible have netted us our man. Hijacking a deal at such a late stage was never going to work in our favour and as said, maybe our lot knew that.

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Spot on tbh

This is pure speculation but I wonder if we're on a strict 'one out one in' type policy. So if anyone had come in for Ranger/Lovenkrands/Best we probably would have magically signed another striker. I'm guessing Ba and Ben Arfa is our first choice strikeforce for the season so one of those 3 would have possibly needed to leave before we brought someone else in.

Nice to see MA and DL come through with their promise to reinvest AC money, 59m net profit from transfers in last 5 seasons.....ambition???

Getting sigged.

Any idiots still think he, Enrique or Nolan left this club for more money? Is it sinking in, morons? We sold our best player for 35 million, have never replaced him, and have not spent even one penny of the money we received for him.

Not one penny.

Ashley has pocketed all but 300k of the Carroll money, advertising, sponsorships, the PL money, and the TV money. Get that through your thick skulls. The owner that the Ashley apologists venerate has fleeced the club for far, far upward of 35m and continues to do it. He and Dekka are laughing right now at our expense.

Santon? Great signing. You still don't get it, though. If he comes good, he's getting sold on deadline day for 20 mil, and we'll have more panic bids for players we're never going to land, and then more excuses like 'we had a few irons in the fire but just couldn't get them over the line, we weren't held to ransom, we'll be back to spend in January/August/January/etc.'

This club is going absolutely nowhere except down. How many seasons do you think we'll stay up when our owner plainly couldn't give a shiny shit about seeing us succeed?

From BBC:
0002: DONE DEAL

I wrote this one off. I was wrong. Fulham have signed FC Twente striker Bryan Ruiz. That comes after late interest from Newcastle that saw the Magpies have a £12m bid accepted but fail to agree personal terms with the Costa Rican.

How low must have our offer been for Fulham to beat it?

Just says it all really. Was all just for show.

The thing for me is with any deal where figures of £10 million plus are bandied about, we're just not a serious potential employer anyway. Assuming the absolute best case scenario, (which is to believe that £12 million was put on the table), where does that logically get you? A £12 million player is unlikely to accept wages of £40-£50k per week (our top whack); the very fact of you're agreeing a £12 million valuation means that the player himself will demand wages that are commensurate with that valuation. His agent will have all that info.

My point is, without getting into the debate about whether Ashley has any intention of spending 'the Carroll millions', players above a certain transfer price just aren't an option anyway due to the wage structure we operate. He won't break that, which means that even if he were prepared to part with £15 million a time in acquisition fees, it's incredibly unlikely we could get that type of player to agree personal terms.

The entire philosophy requires the acquisition cost to be a low or susbtantively deflated one.

In no way is that an excuse for not bringing any striker in, however. That excuse simply does not exist in this window. Disgrace.

Getting sigged.

Any idiots still think he, Enrique or Nolan left this club for more money? Is it sinking in, morons? We sold our best player for 35 million, have never replaced him, and have not spent even one penny of the money we received for him.

Not one penny.

Ashley has pocketed all but 300k of the Carroll money, advertising, sponsorships, the PL money, and the TV money. Get that through your thick skulls. The owner that the Ashley apologists venerate has fleeced the club for far, far upward of 35m and continues to do it. He and Dekka are laughing right now at our expense.

Santon? Great signing. You still don't get it, though. If he comes good, he's getting sold on deadline day for 20 mil, and we'll have more panic bids for players we're never going to land, and then more excuses like 'we had a few irons in the fire but just couldn't get them over the line, we weren't held to ransom, we'll be back to spend in January/August/January/etc.'

This club is going absolutely nowhere except down. How many seasons do you think we'll stay up when our owner plainly couldn't give a shiny shit about seeing us succeed?

With respect, everyone gets this bit of the picture. Daft to suggest otherwise.

This is accurate as of the close of the transfer window at 11:00 pm Newcastle time.

PLAYERS OUT

Player To Fee Wages/week Age

Sol Campbell EOC 45K 36

Shefki Kuqi EOC 10K 33

Kevin Nolan West Ham £4.5M 60K 28

Wayne Routledge Swansea £2.0M 15K 26

Jose Enrique Liverpool £6.0M 45K 25

Joey Barton QPR 0 65K 28

Average 39K 30

EOC - end of contract

Season Long Loan Moves - Out

Xisco - Deportivo Fraser

Forster - Celtic

PLAYERS IN

Player From Fee Wages/week Age

Yohan Cabaye Lille £4.5M 35K 25

Mehdi Abeid Lens 0 8K 18

Demba Ba West Ham 0 30K 26

Sylvain Marveaux Rennes 0 20K 25

Gabriel Obertan Man United £3M 20K 22

Davide Santon Inter-Milan £5M 20K 20

Rob Elliot Charlton £0.3M 10K 25

Average 20.4K 23

As far as transfers fees, the transfer fees paid out for 7 players coming in were about £12.8M, and the transfer fees coming in for six players leaving the club were about £12.5, almost a wash.

What the ins and outs at the club shows is that Newcastle have a younger squad, although it is less experienced, after losing Kevin Nolan, Jose Enrique and Joey Barton, and the wage bill has been reduced, but of course the wages of the players are only best estimates.

The average age of the six players leaving the club was 30 and the average age of the seven players coming in was 23.

The estimated average wage of players leaving was £39K/week and the average wage of players coming in was just over £20K/week.

Interesting blog post from one of the Newsnow stories... so we've actually spent about 300k in transfer fees - but of course the £35m AC money, etc has gone on wages and agent fees apparently :clapping:

Getting sigged.

Not one penny.

:clapping: ...I don't want to drag up quotes, but I will if I have to...

Getting sigged.

Not one penny.

:clapping: ...I don't want to drag up quotes, but I will if I have to...

Everyone's for sale. I've said as much myself and don't know who you're referring to exactly ref: quotes, but if you want to quote then go ahead.

I don't know why I expected us to sign a striker. My head said nothing would happen. My heart said they couldn't be that stupid. I'm a bit disappointed with myself, 44 years old and still a bit gullible.

The 300K is easily offset by the reduction in wages, so in terms of outgoings, with the 35M from the Carroll sale not being touched we've significantly reduced our expenditures.

Sports Direct model in full effect.

bartons right in what he says in his twitter post or whatever it was we have two twat head clowns running our club and people love it and do fuck all

Edited by DEADMAN

Getting sigged.

Not one penny.

Best rant ever.

What a bloody disgrace, they threw 10mil at Ruiz a player they were never interested in before tonight, but wouldn't offer more than 7 million for Maiga. It was a phoney bid. Can't wait for Pardews passed on spew about " held to ransom" blah blah blah. We need a striker you stupid idiot! not 2 extra BLOODY GOALKEEPERS!

We only brought in one extra keeper, I should point out.

I like how Arsenal got beaten 8-2 at the weekend, and Wenger then goes out and brings in 5 quality experienced players in the space of 2-3 days.

edit; bit weird, mind. 4 year deal for Arteta who is almost 30, and I'm surprised Chelsea loaned one of their players to a rival.

Edited by Tecato

They only brought in one extra keeper, I should point out.

I like how Arsenal got beaten 8-2 at the weekend, and Wenger then goes out and brings in 5 quality experienced players in the space of 2-3 days.

Thought we got Bolek too no ?

He was going to be on trial but we managed to bring Elliot to the club so Bolek went to Leyton Orient instead.

He was going to be on trial but we managed to bring Elliot to the club so Bolek went to Leyton Orient instead.

Ok fair enough. But obviously the point still stands. Krul = good keeper, Forster= good keeper(WHY LET HIM OUT ON LOAN AND THEN SIGN ANOTHER!?!?) Harper =Good enough ..

Regardless of anything what we plainly needed more so than a left back IMHO was a STRIKER!