Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Would the fat owner use it all for new players? Would the money be spent, but we get unlucky or just sign not good enough players?

We have a local lad who loves the club and we're the envy of most others because of this. Selling could be a huge mistake-it would send out the wrong signal. On the other side, Carroll could end up in prison.

If Harry was to offer CL football and double his wages, the club might be forced to do a deal.

I'd love to see us build a team around him/Tiote/Barfa/Enrique/Collo.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

The #Spurs Sergio Aguero report is interesting ... #Nufc reiterated today that Carroll is not for sale (this month) 'at any price'.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
:) Balague saying Spurs are going round knocking on doors round Spain for strikers. Aguero is the fourth, they've asked about Forlan, were told to fuck off, Llorente Bilbao said do one, and Negredo at Sevilla (who I think is pish anyway) and they said fuck off too. Sounds like they're desperate.

Blackpool pinch Puncheon from Newcastle

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway swooped to catch Southampton striker Jason Puncheon – as he headed to sign for Newcastle.

Puncheon, 24, who has been on loan at Millwall, was ready to join Alan Pardew – once his boss at Saints – on a six-month loan.

But Holloway made a better offer and the promise of Premier League action, rather than squad football.

Edited by Sonatine

• 3 months later...

There'll be some decent players relegated this year from the league that might be worth a look.

West Ham :

Uspon, Noble

Wigan :

McCarthy, Moses, Zog, Rodallega, Figueroa

Blackpool :

Adam, 2 centre backs looked decent.

Birmingham :

Linked with Larsson regularly, 2 centrebacks looks good here too, Fahey has been good for ROI when I've seen him

Blackburn :

Samba, Hoilett

Wolves :

Jarvis, Doyle, O'Hara

There'll be some decent players relegated this year from the league that might be worth a look.

West Ham :

Uspon, Noble

Wigan :

McCarthy, Moses, Zog, Rodallega, Figueroa

Blackpool :

Adam, 2 centre backs looked decent.

Birmingham :

Linked with Larsson regularly, 2 centrebacks looks good here too, Fahey has been good for ROI when I've seen him

Blackburn :

Samba, Hoilett

Wolves :

Jarvis, Doyle, O'Hara

Wouldn't disagree with any of the above, would also add Scott Dann from Brum and Martin Olsson from Blackburn

Is Dann one of the centre backs?

Not sure who Olsson is. I know the young centre mid(Jones?) is highly rated.

Olsson is kinda their equivalent of Gareth Bale (but not as good obviously), can play left back or wing, decent pace/touch and at 21 or 22 looks a decent prospect. Yeah Dann is one of the centre backs, my Brum supporting friend raves about him.

LuaLua back in full trainng today, as good as a new signing.

Do we now cash in on Jonas or due to his recent improvement, stick him out on the right and bring Barton into the middle with Tiote.

Decisions, decisions.

Do we now cash in on Jonas or due to his recent improvement, stick him out on the right and bring Barton into the middle with Tiote.

Decisions, decisions.

Smith back in training as well...........

:)

Decisions, decisions.

More likey outcome will be Lua Lua sold to Brighton.

Decisions, decisions.

More likey outcome will be Lua Lua sold to Brighton.

Hope not. Pardew rates him and he got rave reviews at Brighton early doors. Dont think the fee would be big enough just yet to tempt them.

Think he will feature in the first squad quite a bit next year.

He's out of contract in the summer aint he?

I've not seen that mentioned anywhere other than .com and all articles say he's looking forward to pre-season training for nufc.

Magpies keen on Graham

The Gateshead-born striker finished this season as top scorer in the Championship with 24 goals.

Graham has hit double figures in his last four campaigns, with some 74 goals in that time.

Graham is now being strongly linked with a move to the Premier League - where he has previously played for Middlesbrough.

Boro plucked Graham from non-league, but he never got a run in the first team before subsequent moves to Carlisle and Watford.

Now Watford look to have a real battle on their hands to keep Graham, who signed a new contract at the start of this season.

Skysports.com believes that Newcastle have been keeping close tabs on him and reports to the Magpies' hierarchy have been positive, which could now prompt them into making a summer move.

However, Newcastle are not the only club interested and the likes of newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers could also be interested.

Magpies keen on Graham

The Gateshead-born striker finished this season as top scorer in the Championship with 24 goals.

Graham has hit double figures in his last four campaigns, with some 74 goals in that time.

Graham is now being strongly linked with a move to the Premier League - where he has previously played for Middlesbrough.

Boro plucked Graham from non-league, but he never got a run in the first team before subsequent moves to Carlisle and Watford.

Now Watford look to have a real battle on their hands to keep Graham, who signed a new contract at the start of this season.

Skysports.com believes that Newcastle have been keeping close tabs on him and reports to the Magpies' hierarchy have been positive, which could now prompt them into making a summer move.

However, Newcastle are not the only club interested and the likes of newly-promoted Queens Park Rangers could also be interested.

Think I read about £2.5m figures a month or so ago when QPR where alleged to be interested in signing him.

Never seen him play, but quite an impressive goal tally this season. No idea if he's actually any good or not mind.

Are Watford still in the mire financially? Saying that I'd have thought his price tag will have risen significantly now!

I wouldn't say no to him here like

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Trans...icle735264.html

Seriously another cheikh, he seriously wants a team full of them, diabate m'bengue, toite...that's far too literal!

On a side note, i heard on talksport we were linked with hulk, he doesn't seem interested. Wouldn't wanna force it on him, he may get angry. We may not like him when he's angry

Don't attach any value to anything Talksport come out with. It means absolutely nothing.

Porto paid a further £12m for 40% of the player's rights today. You'd be looking at more than double that to bring him in.

And he'd never leave a league winning, Champions League-playing club with a bright future for one such as ours that are currently a mid-table side.