Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

In addition to the rumoured €10million bid the Magpies have made for Maiga, the club have now made Lyon left-back Aly Cissokho a 'priority' signing according to mercato365.com and the French outlet expect a deal to be announced this week.

Leonardo's confirmation that striker Mevlut Erding can leave the club.

Speaking to L'Equipe, the Brazilian confirmed that the front-man's time in Paris is up providing they can find an adequate replacement. "His situation is clear. He asked to speak to us and we told him he can leave. He was told clearly that it will happen only if we have another solution. We have time and we will not hurry."

Bits from http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11979_7119191,00.html

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We seem to be doing everything in our power to make things as difficult as possible, purely to save a couple of £m here and there. In the process we're angering other clubs, have an under-strength team with the season well under way, and run the very real risk of not being able to bring the right players in by the end of the window.

Pardew should not be going there to watch him play, he should be going there to tie up a deal. Sounds like we've killed off any chance of getting Maiga in by tapping him up - which leaves who as a potential striking target? And I'm guessing there was nothing in the Cissokho story either.

Apparently AP was sat with EP's agent at the match. Im sure he was trying to do a deal.

Sturridge on loan still looks possible.

where do you even get this nonsense?

Its an opinion.

He isnt starting at Chelsea and would probably want 1st team football. Why not?

He's not starting because he's currently suspended.

My mate is obsessed about us buying Sturridge like. He won't let it fucking lie. The fact we haven't bought him has really made him angry. If we haven't got him by the end of the transfer window he'll be rippping out his seat next home game.

We haven't got a chance of signing Sturridge.

Chelsea value him at £20m.

Currently our entire strike force has cost us £1.5m.

is that including signing on fees though? :wub:

No hope of signing Sturridge. Maybe a loan would be possible. I reckon he's still behind Torres/Anelka/Drogba and probably Lukaku now as well so considering they only play with one up front more often than not, how many games is he going to get?

We've got a few quid to spare, unlike most clubs, we can afford to take the risk of paying a couple of £m that clubs are asking of us.

Sounds like we're after the cheapest price possible, instead of them increasing their asking price because they know we've got a few quid.

I said as soon as we got that £35m that this summer we would continue our policy of buying cheap and young, with the excuse being peddled at the end of the window that selling clubs knew we had money tried to take the piss out of us by over inflating a players price. Thing is, this is exactly what we did when we sold Carroll to Liverpool, sa w a club with a lot of money (rich new owners) and sold them a player for way above the real valuation, so it's tough shit if it happens to us. You live by the word you die by the sword.

Ultimately though, it's just a fucking excuse isn't it? We had no intention of spending that money, but I still expect the board to tell us all that poor NUFC and the board were bullied by other clubs who knew we had money. It's a croc of shit.

Are we trying to build a strikeforce of clones? An attacking triumvirate of Ameobi, Ba and Cole would strike mirth into the hearts of our opponents.

:wub::blush:

Thinking about this a little more. GET HIM IN! An instant terrace hit:

ABC

It's easy as 1,2,3,

Cost little more than some pennies

ABC

NUFC

I'll get me coat.

Nick-the-Kielce-Cunt-Polish-Bastard saw that we have the greatest value for money strikeforce in the club's history (allowing for inflation), and was so excited when he realised this that he spontaneously combusted. A fitting end to an irrelevant bastard.

From goal.com:

Agent of PSV's Erik Pieters confident Newcastle United move will go ahead

The Netherlands international's representative is positive that his client's proposed move to the Premier League will take place

Piet van der Pol, the agent of PSV defender Erik Pieters, is confident that his client's proposed transfer to Newcastle United will be completed before the summer transfer window slams shut.

The Premier League side is in the market for a new left-back because of the departure of Jose Enrique to Liverpool and manager Alan Pardew allegedly sees the 23-year-old Netherlands international as the perfect replacement.

"Newcastle's interest is very serious and Erik finds the club a real challenge. I don't know the exact numbers of Newcastle's offer, but I'm pretty sure that the transfer will go ahead," Van der Pol said to Eindhovens Dagblad.

Pardew watched Pieters in action in PSV's 3-0 win over ADO Den Haag last weekend and Newcastle has now re-opened talks with the Eredivisie outfit after a first bid was turned down last week.

Pieters has a contract with PSV until the summer of 2014 and an offer in the region of seven million euros could be needed to lure him away from Eindhoven.

Nick-the-Kielce-Cunt-Polish-Bastard saw that we have the greatest value for money strikeforce in the club's history (allowing for inflation), and was so excited when he realised this that he spontaneously combusted. A fitting end to an irrelevant bastard.

:razz:

Following an impressive performance against Gateshead last week in a training ground friendly when he scored twice, Racing Clubs Lens central defender Darnel Situ has been offered a contract by the Magpies