Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please God let these Carlton Cole whispers be lies. <_<

I've heard that the transfer was agreed as part of the Nolan deal, with Cole coming our way on the last day of the transfer window. Apparently Pardoo really rates him from his West Ham days and wants Cole as a target man to complete the jigsaw.

OK I made it up but it's probably true :D

Guest Your Name Here
That's very believable, sadly

Announcing Carlton Cole as Andy Carroll’s replacement in June would have been a PR disaster. Pretending to be after a range of French strikers and then claiming we tried but had to bring in CC on deadline day would also be a PR disaster, but certain persons think lying is good PR.

Announcing Carlton Cole as Andy Carroll’s replacement in June would have been a PR disaster. Pretending to be after a range of French strikers and then claiming we tried but had to bring in CC on deadline day would also be a PR disaster, but certain persons think lying is good PR.

I fail to see what Cole brings to the table. His record is pretty poor, he's not tricky or that quick and hardly a prolific finisher.

I fail to see what Cole brings to the table. His record is pretty poor, he's not tricky or that quick and hardly a prolific finisher.

Seems a good fit then. What aren't you seeing? :D

Guest Your Name Here

He’s like Shola (senior) but with rigamortis.

Cole is better than Shola....if we hadn't got Ba I wouldn't of minded gettin him so long as we got the top quality strikers as well.

Now though, if CC is to be our main man then I'd be seriously pissed off.

Bendtner or Sturridge really should be priorities!

Cole is better than Shola....if we hadn't got Ba I wouldn't of minded gettin him so long as we got the top quality strikers as well.

Now though, if CC is to be our main man then I'd be seriously pissed off.

Bendtner or Sturridge really should be priorities!

how/why would they come here? honestly do you ever think before you post things

Seriously man, there's no need for personal attacks all of the time. Some admin. :D

This Carlton Cole thing won't go away like . Been linked as soon as Puppet had his teeth through the door !

It's no coincidence Wham fans affectionately refer to him as Cant Control either.

Probs save the announcement for late wednesday once David Craig has done his sensationalised, staged smokeskreeny thing for Ashley's PR on SSN deadline day like he did on the CarrollZog swizz .

Roll up, roll up, book your seats lads . .

:D

All I'm saying is that you're supposed to be an admin, which means your supposed to be above the petty name calling.

why does is? it doesnt stop craig or PP or tom at times and it certainly doesn't stop people having a go at them in return

I've already resigned myself to us not strengthening in key positions, so anybody that we do sign is considered a massive bonus as far as I'm concerned.

I've already resigned myself to us not strengthening in key positions, so anybody that we do sign is considered a massive bonus as far as I'm concerned.

That we made incoming signings in a short space of time speaks volumes to me. Seems like we had them lined up before the window. Now, I haven't got a problem with that but we haven't done any strengthening nor replacing since.

Strikes me Ashley couldn't give a shit what happens as long as he receives the tv money for being in the premier league

4th of May

The Toon chief is insistent that he will be given, as promised, the full £35million from the sale of Andy Carroll in January.

Newcastle are being linked with a host of players, mainly in France with Cheikh M'Bengue, Franck Tabanou, Gervinho and Kevin Gameiro amongst a clutch of Ligue 1 stars said to be on Pardew's radar.

And Pardew admits they are already pushing ahead with their plans and have made approaches.

"We've made contact with a few clubs about their players, I think that's important," Pardew said.

"There's a lot to be done but the process has started.

"Our chief scout Graham Carr and his team have been very much on the ball and understand exactly where the European market is and the targets we have."

Pardew also admits that some of his shopping will be dependant on how talks go with his current players, with the likes of Joey Barton and Jose Enrique tipped for summer moves.

"I haven't put a figure on how many players I want because it depends on the renegotiations of players we have," he continued.

"Joey Barton, Enrique and Kevin Nolan all need contract deals sorted out - and there are others I won't mention that we still need to secure."

4th July

"It would be foolish for us not to have a back-up plan - which we have - that will kick into operation if Jose does leave."