Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Tomorrow is going to be MINT on here btw :D

It feels like a big boot is kicking me in slow motion & it's going to go through my teeth before the deadline but I can't move, stuck in a football nightmare. [/drama]

But seriously, hoping for no outgoings!

Be amazed if a large offer doesnt materialise tomorrow for Tiote.

'Thankfully' he's been shit for the opening games.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow is going to be MINT on here btw :D

It feels like a big boot is kicking me in slow motion & it's going to go through my teeth before the deadline but I can't move, stuck in a football nightmare. [/drama]

But seriously, hoping for no outgoings!

Smith,Pearch,Ranger. That wouldn't bother me

Arsenal in talks with Mertesaker. I might be wrong on him and have him confused with a different German centre back...but isn't he awful?

not sure who you could be thinking of, per kroldrup maybe, who is shit, mertesaker will be a damn good signing for them hes massive, strong, shouldnt turn out to be a donkey like their last couple of CB buys an 26 so not a kid, reasonably experienced but still got his best to come.

him and vermaelen will be excellent for arsenal

Rob elliott undergoing medical at Newcastle --- Caulkin

harper to retire at the end of this or next season, with forster on his way, backup keeper, not bothered in the slightest, we dont need him but its not a bad idea.

news on Santon or a CM or Striker anyone?

Arsenal in talks with Mertesaker. I might be wrong on him and have him confused with a different German centre back...but isn't he awful?

not sure who you could be thinking of, per kroldrup maybe, who is shit, mertesaker will be a damn good signing for them hes massive, strong, shouldnt turn out to be a donkey like their last couple of CB buys an 26 so not a kid, reasonably experienced but still got his best to come.

Cheers. Possibly thinking of Metzelder. I don't get to see much German footy.

Cheers. Possibly thinking of Metzelder. I don't get to see much German footy.

thatll be him, played for real madrid for a bit too

Apparently Arsenal will only get 2 years out of Park Chu-Young before he returns home for military service.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11670_7138506,00.html

Morana has also spoken about Park's excitement at the prospect of joining such a club at this stage of his career as he must return home for two years' national service before the age of 30.

"We could not imagine what happened. On Friday, Arsenal contacted Monaco to know if an agreement had been found with Lille about a transfer," Morana told France Football.

"As it was not the case, Arsenal started to negotiate, then asked to contact the player.

"Could you imagine how a player from Monaco could refuse such a club?

"As he should come back to his native Korea later in 2013 for military duties, this could be his last contract in Europe.

"When Arsene Wenger directly calls a player and asks him to join Arsenal, it is difficult to refuse."

Morana also rejected suggestions that Park's conduct demonstrated a lack of respect to Lille.

"We are sorry for the Lille officials who acted in a very professional way, but I can't agree when I hear Park has no sense of morals," the agent stated.

"There is no link with moral sense or honour, it is only football."

On the back of Santon's (imminent?) signing I am preparing myself to be hugely disappointed with the striker we will manage to sign last minute (if at all). No way could we make two class signings in a few days. It's not how Ashley works, its one step forward, two back, without fail. It'd be great to be wrong though.

park at monaco is only 26 so hes not 30 in two years.

also ji sung park is now 30 and hes not had to do any yet.

something not adding up about that article tbh