Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

This place is quality around deadline day.

Will be pretty depressing if we bring in Macheda.

If he was the only striker we got then yes i'd agree.

I'd like us to get him on loan AND a permanent deal for another.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This place is quality around deadline day.

Will be pretty depressing if we bring in Macheda.

If he was the only striker we got then yes i'd agree.

I'd like us to get him on loan AND a permanent deal for another.

Then we'd have about 8 strikers on our books. Can't see Dirty Derek going for that

I think macheda has potential. He's only 20 and he has a good first touch.

but...we have our own strikers with potential that Id rather see us try to bring on rather than loan in someone elses

Who? Nile Ranger? The only potential growth he will fulfill is an ever-growing sphincter as he gets slammed by Leroy and Bubba in the prison showers.

I'd like to see Vuckic get the chance through the middle like.

Who? Nile Ranger? The only potential growth he will fulfill is an ever-growing sphincter as he gets slammed by Leroy and Bubba in the prison showers.

I'd like to see Vuckic get the chance through the middle like.

Ideally, but between Bubba and Leroy there's just no room for anyone else. Then of course there's the whole problem of getting Vuckic into the showers in the first place, bit unrealistic imo.

Vuckic and Abeid. Neither perhaps out and out strikers but even if we did bring in Macheda we'd still be using Ba, Best, Shola etc, would prefer our own youngsters playing alongside them than someone elses

Gyan is off apparently.

That'll really hurt the mackems - Crouch can't score goals.

really? :lol: where to?

remember when bent left "ah we'll be fine gyan is better blah blah etc"

Gyan is off apparently.

That'll really hurt the mackems - Crouch can't score goals.

Short should just make a bonfire with his money. At least he'll get some enjoyment out of burning it, rather than giving it to Bruce to sign past their sell by date journeymen who'll be finished in 3 years' time.

Skysports reckon Ruiz is off to Fulham for £10m.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7139413,00.html

Sky Sports sources understand Fulham have agreed a £10.6million deal to sign FC Twente winger Bryan Ruiz.

The Costa Rica star was watched by Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp earlier in the summer, but Craven Cottage counterpart Martin Jol has decided to push ahead with a move.

Jol has made no secret of his desire to add to the attacking and creative options in his squad, especially with reports Clint Dempsey could join Paris St Germain or Sevilla.

Ruiz has been identified as the man the Dutch Fulham boss wants and a fee has been agreed with Eredivisie outfit.

Fulham's progress does not come as a surprise after the 26-year-old said earlier in August the Premier League club had approached his agents, although Twente had insisted there had been no bid.

Ruiz had said: "Fulham is a serious option for me. That is also a Premier League side and it is a fantastic league.

"Fulham already contacted my agent. If Fulham does become serious, we will definitely talk

Might not be a 'proper' CF but his scoring record is fantastic. Why aren't we in for him (I know, £10m is far too much for our lot)?

Fulham showing more ambition than us despite being a smaller club with /supposedly) less money.

Vuckic and Abeid. Neither perhaps out and out strikers but even if we did bring in Macheda we'd still be using Ba, Best, Shola etc, would prefer our own youngsters playing alongside them than someone elses

Neither of them are at Macheda's level atm. Plus Macheda is more of a goalscorer than both those mentioned. He's not setting the world on fire, but he has fairly consistent technique, something lacking in our strikers.

I'd just love it if for once we showed some ambition. Just once.

Our lot have a policy and they're sticking to it, and this policy is simply too risky. I know it's still a massive amount of money but knowing we've got a bit to spare what is stopping them from paying £3m more than we'd supposedly spending on Maiga in order to bring in Ruiz instead?

I honestly can't us spending more than £8m on a player for as long as Ashley remains at the club. Smaller clubs with less wealthy owners do and will continue to outspend us.

Even though transfer deadline day is normally a day of gloom for us Newcastle United fans, I absolutely love the excitement of it all, even Sky's over-hyping and Andy "two phones" Burton get me giddy as a school girl.

Even though transfer deadline day is normally a day of gloom for us Newcastle United fans, I absolutely love the excitement of it all, even Sky's over-hyping and Andy "two phones" Burton get me giddy as a school girl.

Great isn't it ! :lol:

Is he the jock that operates the GEET BIG SKY PAD ?

I bet you n Gemmill are't as slick as him with your ipads mind ?

Arsenal in talks with Mertesaker. I might be wrong on him and have him confused with a different German centre back...but isn't he awful?

I love him. :lol: Glad to see you figured out you were thinking of some one else...

Andy Burton, aka Stroke Boy is great to watch. And now he has a giant ipad type of thing as well. He'll be more saggy faced than Redknapp by the time the window closes.

Edited by Billy Castell