Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

Arsenal in talks with Mertesaker. I might be wrong on him and have him confused with a different German centre back...but isn't he awful?

I love him. :lol: Glad to see you figured out you were thinking of some one else...

Wasn't Mertesaker the bloke who was absolutely solid for Germany all through the World Cup last summer? Mind you, it's not like England caused him any concern.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal in talks with Mertesaker. I might be wrong on him and have him confused with a different German centre back...but isn't he awful?

I love him. :lol: Glad to see you figured out you were thinking of some one else...

Wasn't Mertesaker the bloke who was absolutely solid for Germany all through the World Cup last summer? Mind you, it's not like England caused him any concern.

He's fuckin shite, awful at Real Madrid, he's definitely not the answer. Ask Isegrim he'll tell you. It's not impossible for Arsenal to come 6th this season.

He's fuckin shite, awful at Real Madrid, he's definitely not the answer. Ask Isegrim he'll tell you. It's not impossible for Arsenal to come 6th this season.

per mertesacker never played for real madrid stevie, youre thinking of christophe metzelder, who is indeed shite and now pretty old.

PM is 26, has 75 caps for germany, is massive and is quality. will be a beast of a pairing with vermaelen

per mertesacker never played for real madrid stevie, youre thinking of christophe metzelder, who is indeed shite and now pretty old.

PM is 26, has 75 caps for germany, is massive and is quality. will be a beast of a pairing with vermaelen

You're right actually, the one at Madrid was Boumsong levels of ineptitude.

Mertersacker will be a great signing for them, don't know anything about this Santos bloke though.

Might sure up Arsenal defensively but they're still reeling from losing Nasri & Fabregas. They'll still finish above Spuds mind.

Mertersacker will be a great signing for them, don't know anything about this Santos bloke though.

Might sure up Arsenal defensively but they're still reeling from losing Nasri & Fabregas. They'll still finish above Spuds mind.

I found it unbelieveable like but at work today all the Spurs fans were reeling at the fact that Arsenal had shipped 8 goals on Sunday. I pointed out the obvious with regards their result and all they could say was "doesn't matter, Arsenal let in 3 more than we did!" :D

In many respects I found Spurs's result worse - shipping 5 goals at home and not exactly have a shit, weakened side like Arsenal could claim.

Ended it by simply pointing out Manchester 13 - 3 North London.

They all shut up after then.. :lol:

We've had a ten million pound bid turned down for Papiss Demba Cisse tonight according to Simon Bird.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-n...icle793406.html

The Mail say a deal is close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...emba-Cisse.html

Not that 'Sportsmail Reporter' knows anything, but apparently Sochaux might have bought that replacement they need for Maiga, so I imagine if that's the case then we'll be back in for him.

Would be delighted with Cisse though and amazed if we spent an 8 figure sum on any player. We'll see.

I found it unbelieveable like but at work today all the Spurs fans were reeling at the fact that Arsenal had shipped 8 goals on Sunday. I pointed out the obvious with regards their result and all they could say was "doesn't matter, Arsenal let in 3 more than we did!" :D

In many respects I found Spurs's result worse - shipping 5 goals at home and not exactly have a shit, weakened side like Arsenal could claim.

Ended it by simply pointing out Manchester 13 - 3 North London.

They all shut up after then.. :lol:

In some ways it was good for the Spuds fans in a way. They're much like Sunderland in their attitude towards their rivals; massive inferiority complex and a feeling that they have a right to be known as the better side. It is appalling for fans to gloss over a defeat like that by looking at how bad your rivals did though. I'm glad as it's put paid to Droopy's shit 'we're ganna fuckin win the league innit saan' patter already.

Not sure what's going on with Tottenham other than it seems they've been rocked by Modric deciding he wants to up sticks and move on. Massive player for them and he'd be a big loss to any side.

Can't wait for the manchester derby. If both teams go for it, it'll be a spectacular double-header.

'might have bought the replacement'? It's on the official Stade Rennais website.

The Mail article isnt up to date.

Funny if Maiga signs as well as Elliot, wonder what will happen to the complaints they made?

They've just updated it.

We've had a ten million pound bid turned down for Papiss Demba Cisse tonight according to Simon Bird.

Not that 'Sportsmail Reporter' knows anything, but apparently Sochaux might have bought that replacement they need for Maiga, so I imagine if that's the case then we'll be back in for him.

Would be delighted with Cisse though and amazed if we spent an 8 figure sum on any player. We'll see.

Papiss Demba Cisse looks a decent striker.

Papiss Demba Cisse looks a decent striker.

Wouldn't have been bad, but the deal is dead. Newcastle offered 10m Euro, Freiburg wanted 15. There also was some hassle about agent fees.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesl...-newcastle.html

Anyone else think that it's absurd that Tottenham want 10M+ for their beanpole, foul giving, no goal scoring 30 year old Peter Crouch?

12 goals in 73 games for them.

Last season in 34 premier league games he scored 4 goals and made 38 fouls.

The season before in 38 premier league games he managed 8 goals making 45 fouls.

Anyhow.

I suppose he looks like this:

imgPeter%20Crouch3.jpg

So you can't downplay that value.

Gyan is off apparently.

That'll really hurt the mackems - Crouch can't score goals.

Amazing, they have been spouting shite about the new team of champions league players and young stars that they have bought over the summer

3 games in and they are rebuilding again, fingers crossed they get the bean pole from the Spuds, icing on the cake.