Transfer Deadline Day 2011

Christmas Tree

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight up and don't laugh, I'd take Sewpa Kev for the season rather than getting no one.

Someone call A&E!!!!!! Someone has gassed Stevie man!

Best finisher in English football, scored 6 this season.

David Craig: "Llambias called me at 4am"

"Working very hard, Cisse deal all but dead. Still in talks with Sochaux. Sochaux not too keen to release the player in this window."

"Llambias down in the south"

"Newcastle may just wait till January"

There we gan, nowt the neet. The mouthpiece hath spoken.

Roberts to Newcastle for £2m!

I wish. We've supposedly got Dann from Brum more or less in the bag, and are chasing Monir El Hammidy from Ajax. I'll believe that when I see them playing for us. How's Stroke Boy holding up? Lost the use of an arm yet?

Straight up and don't laugh, I'd take Sewpa Kev for the season rather than getting no one.

Someone call A&E!!!!!! Someone has gassed Stevie man!

Best finisher in English football, scored 6 this season.

Could he move again so soon anyway? He wouldn't be the worst option coming off the bench like but for obvious reasons I don't think he'd come here.

I wish. We've supposedly got Dann from Brum more or less in the bag, and are chasing Monir El Hammidy from Ajax. I'll believe that when I see them playing for us. How's Stroke Boy holding up? Lost the use of an arm yet?

Ive just been a little bit sick in my mouth

I'd take a shit championship striker like carlton cole ahead of the second most likely outcome - no new striker. We did it in January. It would be foolhardy to expect this lot to have learned their lesson. If anything, they probably reckon we're alright for strikers given we survived after flogging carroll without replacing him.

Of course they do, thats why we are having bids knocked back left, right and centre. (Thats not giving them an out btw. Should have been sorted long before today).

The fact that we're having bids knocked back on the last day of the window despite having since January and 35m in the bank to replace Carroll tells you all you need to know about how seriously this hunt for a new striker is being taken. I see two potential outcomes - we sign someone who is significantly cheaper and a poorer player than Carroll in the Carlton Cole mould, or we fail to secure a replacement - just like in January. The fact we are even having this discussion is an absolute pisstake by the board given the time they've had to sort it and the cash in the bank.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong and they pull out a belting last minute signing, but why assume anything better from this lot on past evidence?

Joe Cole confirmed as going to Lille on loan. Don't blame him, if the only alternative was to play for Villa I'd fuck off to France too... :lol:

Ive just been a little bit sick in my mouth

Don't worry I made it up. I don't think Ashley would fork out for Dynorod to come and remove him from Steve Kean's arse anyway.

Joe Cole confirmed as going to Lille on loan. Don't blame him, if the only alternative was to play for Villa I'd fuck off to France too... :lol:

That's a good move for him tbh.

May wait till fucking January because the prices are going up?!?!?!?! What!??! you've all fucking summer you cunts.

Sadly it's the usual crap from those running our club. I can't believe people are surprised by it any more. Let's face it, our incoming transfers are now complete - that one line from Llambias was as good as confirmation.

I sincerely hope Simon Bird does follow this up mind:

Will remind #nufc of key pardew quote. He said squad NOT stronger than last season unless sign a left back AND striker.

So simple choice. Sign a striker or leave your manager with a weaker squad. Not an easy position to defend #nufc