Footballers you shouldn't like but do

Glasgow Mag

Is there any footballer, manager, whatever that you really shouldn't like, maybe they're mackem or ex-mackem, for example.

I'll start - although I've disliked the mackems since I started liking NUFC, when I started liking Newcastle the mackems had Gary Owers playing for them.

99_gary_owers_landscape1.jpg

For some reason, could never quite bring myself to dislike Gary Owers as much as the rest of them. In fact, always signed him for NUFC on Championship Manager.

:D

Stewart Downing...very talentend player only problem is that he plays for the Smoggies..

Jose Maurinho - Very entertaining in Interviews, makes me laugh (I know he's not a fooballer, but still entertaining)

Edited by Hughesie

Not sure how Warren Barton's ended up in a thread like this.  Not the greatest player in the world, but a sound bloke as far as I'm concerned.  How is he an arsehole?

5155[/snapback]

I know I was getting confused about that one as well. Maybe I wasn't clear enough in my first post of the thread, but it is meant for people to post the names of players they're not meant to like, but still do.

As far as I understand, most Toon fans are meant to like Warren Barton centre-partin'.

Vinnie Jones, nobody should have ever liked him, arrogant, cocky, filthy fook but I always had a bit of a soft spot (in a non "which bloke would ye shag" kinda way) for the bloke. I think it all stems from that time they had a number of players sent off and he went in goal against us. Even though we were twatting them he still turned round and had a laugh with the crowd.

I hate Ashley Cole for Arsenal because he is a diving, cheating, moaning little c*nt but for England i love the lad, always sings his heart out for the national anthem, always really proud to play for his country (england sweatbands), always give 110% and is a qaulity player!

Vinnie Jones, nobody should have ever liked him, arrogant, cocky, filthy fook but I always had a bit of a soft spot (in a non "which bloke would ye shag" kinda way) for the bloke. I think it all stems from that time they had a number of players sent off and he went in goal against us. Even though we were twatting them he still turned round and had a laugh with the crowd.

5157[/snapback]

A similar type of player, I'd have to go with Mark Dennis. Was always gettin sent off when I was a kid. Ended up having a cult like status with me and my mates. Wasnt a bad player either when he stayed on the pitch :D

Roy Keane..... twat, ended someone's career but you will never witness a more commited man on the pitch

5187[/snapback]

Yes but do you actually like him? I used to like Gary Owers, in spite of what anyone else would say about him.

Roy Keane..... twat, ended someone's career but you will never witness a more commited man on the pitch

5187[/snapback]

Yes but do you actually like him? I used to like Gary Owers, in spite of what anyone else would say about him.

5194[/snapback]

aye i do actually just because he's honest and tells it like it is... when Man Utd fail which is always amusing he doesn't sugar coat it, just tells it straight.... instead of making excuses which a certain manager could think about :D

5187[/snapback]

Who's career did he end?

Certainly not Haaland if that's what you are thinking. Nasty 'tackle' but on the other leg to that which finished Haaland's career.

For me it would have to be Cristiano Ronaldo. Shouldn't like him for being such a cheating, diving cnut but has the skills to get you out of your seat and is one of the few who make paying the over inflated prices worthwhile.

I hate Ashley Cole for Arsenal because he is a diving, cheating, moaning little c*nt but for England i love the lad, always sings his heart out for the national anthem, always really proud to play for his country (england sweatbands), always give 110% and is a qaulity player!

5158[/snapback]

would agree with that.

one more for me is OB. every time he had a solid match it made me feel so happy. I remember a time alongside woodgate when he was great, and only in his mid 20's to i think, same age as bramble.