Shola - I'm no lone ranger

Craig

Newcastle forward Shola Ameobi admits he finds it tough playing up front as a lone striker for Graeme Souness' Magpies.

With Alan Shearer and Michael Owen both sidelined, former England Under-21 star Ameobi found himself alone in attack for the 3-0 defeat at Chelsea.

And the 24-year-old told the Northern Echo: "It's always more difficult to play as the lone striker and hopefully it won't be the case again.

"It's difficult to take on three players on your own. I did all I could at Chelsea and gave it 100 per cent.

"But I was hoping to play with Michael Owen and I was looking forward to it. It was a real shame when he pulled out on Saturday morning and we missed him."

I bet he was - might have made him look half decent....

Newcastle forward Shola Ameobi admits he finds it tough playing up front as a lone striker for Graeme Souness' Magpies.

With Alan Shearer and Michael Owen both sidelined, former England Under-21 star Ameobi found himself alone in attack for the 3-0 defeat at Chelsea.

And the 24-year-old told the Northern Echo: "It's always more difficult to play as the lone striker and hopefully it won't be the case again.

"It's difficult to take on three players on your own. I did all I could at Chelsea and gave it 100 per cent.

"But I was hoping to play with Michael Owen and I was looking forward to it. It was a real shame when he pulled out on Saturday morning and we missed him."

I bet he was - might have made him look half decent....

59732[/snapback]

Unfortunately for us he means on the pitch.

You could put him in a Ronaldinho costume and he still wouldn't "look" half decent.

59776[/snapback]

But Ronaldinho doesn't "look" much chop anyway.

Could you imagine having Ronaldinho and Van Nistelhorse in the same team?

Hey Ronnie why the long face?

Fuck you horseface?

No sir I don't like it.

Ronaldinho could eat an apple through a letterbox tbh.

59837[/snapback]

Even Bellars was smart enough to spend some of his millions on trying to fix his gob, shame he couldn't have had the doc remove the shite that comes out of it.

Goes to prove money can't buy everything.

Poor Shola. Bless him.

60043[/snapback]

Send him to the glue factory tbh.

60116[/snapback]

On a similar note, my old man said in a game last season that 'if Shola were a horse they'd have shot him'

60133[/snapback]

He came out with a classic line before the mackem game: "Did you see that goal he scored against the celebrities?" :D

I thought Shola would one day replace Shearer :angry:

60136[/snapback]

:D

You were only one of a pretty vast majority that thought that tbh. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself.

60140[/snapback]

Wonder if I needed the wink on that post, or will Leazes pick up on it anyway? :icon_lol:

Poor Shola. Bless him.

60043[/snapback]

60116[/snapback]

On a similar note, my old man said in a game last season that 'if Shola were a horse they'd have shot him'

60133[/snapback]

He came out with a classic line before the mackem game: "Did you see that goal he scored against the celebrities?" :D

60141[/snapback]

:icon_lol::angry::razz:

Glad you got it, a few people couldn never tell if he was taking the piss or not.

Poor Shola. Bless him.

60043[/snapback]

60116[/snapback]

60133[/snapback]

60141[/snapback]

:icon_lol::angry::razz:

Glad you got it, a few people couldn never tell if he was taking the piss or not.

60147[/snapback]

I got it, mind I have the same problem ;)

My hero? If you are referring to Souness, then taking a leaf out of your book, I'd like to ask you to point out exactly where I've claimed that he is my hero. We both know that you can't. However, unlike you and many others, I was willing to give him a chance and I'm still hopeful that the team gels.

As for better players? Overall, yes, I think his signings are much better than the players he got shot of all things considered. Clearly, no top team wanted to touch Bellamy with a barge pole, Robert is making a fool of himself and winning no friends as usual, and fat pat is doing what he does best...not much of anything. And Bernard? Shite at the 'Gers according to my mates who watch them so he's in a downward spiral with only himself to blame. Bunch of tossers really even if Bellamy is a good player.