Bridget Phillipson MP

Craig

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taffer - if you've got your heart set on working in the filthy, depraved, ruthless, back-stabbing world of parliamentary politics then this website will be invaluable to you: http://www.w4mp.org/

Well if I manage to get a job it will be interesting to see how bad it really is. A friend told me about the website recently, will be very useful I'm sure.

I'm studying in Edinburgh but my parents live in London so will be heading back there when I graduate. Will send her a speculative email with CV attached and see what happens.

She will pick someone who has been working hard for the party for years prior to going to uni and would probably be looking to help a constituent first.

She will pick someone who has been working hard for the party for years prior to going to uni and would probably be looking to help a constituent first.

I think I fulfil the first part of that but I have never lived in Sunderland South, closest I got to that was reading Chris Mullin's diaries.

Edited by TheTaffer

If you've been working for the party contact someone within your CLP and ask about internships.

My CLP isn't much help at the moment as we lost the seat in 2010, I was interning with the organiser in 2011 but he has since left and think there have been quite a few changes in the last year or so. I would be looking for someone who is elected so I could work in Westminster, aren't as many of those around SW London anymore. My closest is Sadiq Khan, tried contacting him but he never got back to me, I think he's a pretty busy man.

Who is your CLP secretary? Contact them for a list of others. Or contactcentral office they are looking for volunteers now.

I'm not really sure at the moment as I'm up in Edinburgh for over half the year, the whole organisation of the constituency has changed as the boundaries were under review it was basically going to be split in half so the organisation adjusted accordingly only for the whole thing to be canned. Anyway, will try and and find out and see what they recommend