Bridget Phillipson MP

Craig

Congratulations to Toontastic's first elected Member of Parliament! :(

Regardless of political persuasion, she should be offered congratulations from all of us - particuarly those of us who remember when she was a regular.

Whilst we've all be chewing the fat over politics - especially during the last 4 weeks, she's decided to actually go and do something about it and make a real difference - it's hard not to find humbling.

Well done Bridget. Now lets hope they give you any portfolio other than Transport. :(

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely Craig, congratulations to Bridget.

Now all we need is a pissed SLP to relive my favourite ever Toontastic moment. :(

Forgotten exactly what was said, but remember it was piss funny. Something to do with Quantum Leap.

Now all we need is a pissed SLP to relive my favourite ever Toontastic moment. :(

Please enlighten me. PM if necessary ! :(

Forgotten exactly what was said, but remember it was piss funny. Something to do with Quantum Leap.

It was in a thread with the theme 'if toontasticers were TV characters' or some such, and it had come to light recently that Bridget being the young, independent and confident woman that she is/was had had several gentleman suitors which she had liased with to varying degrees.

Anyway, sweetleftpeg came on as pissed as a fart and amongst various pearls of wisdom he offered to us was the legendary line that "Bridget would be that fella of Quantum Leap, a new bloke every week".

Please enlighten me. PM if necessary ! :icon_lol:

It was in a thread with the theme 'if toontasticers were TV characters' or some such, and it had come to light recently that Bridget being the young, independent and confident woman that she is/was had had several gentleman suitors which she had liased with to varying degrees.

Anyway, sweetleftpeg came on as pissed as a fart and amongst various pearls of wisdom he offered to us was the legendary line that "Bridget would be that fella of Quantum Leap, a new bloke every week".

That's SLP in coin for the rest of his days then... :(

From the FT blog:

10.51 KS: And the first one goes to Labour, which gets a comfortable win in a safe seat. 19,137 to 8,147 for the Tories. Bridget Phillipson is currently the only MP in parliament. I guess that puts her in charge of the country right now.