Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Ashley Young is a mistake imo

6 wingers there already though, who would you lose?

Walcott probably, hes fast but he's been woeful anytime he's got on for arsenal which has been rare this season. some of his shots on goal :faceplam:

hm yeh but then you've still 6 wingers and he wont be taking 6 in his final squad im sure

I love it how some people like to select certain players based purely on their league form however shite they play for England. :(

Crouch, Rooney and even Heskey and Defoe have 'proved' they can produce enough 'contribution' within the team to win games. Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler & Kevin Phillips who were banging goals in for fun their prime showed that they weren't capable of producing the same form at international level. Darren Bent has 5 appearences so far with no goals. Thing is with Heskey/Crouch and Rooney/Defoe they compliment each other to produce goals.

Fucking hell our squad will have the rest of the world quaking in their boots!

Australia's 31:

GK:

Brad Jones, Mark Schwarzer, Eugene Galekovic, Adam Federici

Def:

Michael Beachamp, David Carney, Scott Chipperfield, Rhys Williams, Craig Moore, Lucas Neill, Jade North, Mark Milligan, Shane Lowry

Mid:

Marco Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Nick Carle, Jason Culina, Brett Emerton, Vincenzo Grella, James Holland, Brett Holman, Thomas Oar, Carl Valeri, Dario Vidosic, Luke Wilkshire

For:

Joshua Kennedy, Harry Kewell, Scott McDonald, Mile Jedinak, Nikita Rukavytsya, Richard Garcia

Lucky Verbeek will only play with one striker :(

I'd drop Walcott before Johnson like, he's been cracking every time I've seen him and Walcott's been the opposite.

I hope Heskey is not on the plane. Seriously past it imo.

Pleased with that in general.

No Ashley Young is a mistake imo

6 wingers there already though, who would you lose?

Walcott probably, hes fast but he's been woeful anytime he's got on for arsenal which has been rare this season. some of his shots on goal :faceplam:

hm yeh but then you've still 6 wingers and he wont be taking 6 in his final squad im sure

Id have had him as a first choice winger mind so take your pick, must have 20 assists and around double figure goals for the season, Milner is probably the only one to get near him apps/stat wise.

in the PL played 37 with 5 goals and 7 assists

taking into account all their other games its 49, 9, 13

milner is ahead of him in all 3

I reckon Agbonlahor should be in.

I think he's unlucky not to have gotten more of a look in in general, suffers from being another lightning paced guy with dubious end product (at times) so I don't think he was ever going to get ahead of Walcott and Lennon even thought he's more of an out and out striker than those two.

Baines/Warnock

Huddlestone

Parker

SWP

Bent

I reckon they will drop out.

Personally, I'd take Bent ahead of Heskey. Always an option to throw on.

I guess if Fabs plays 4-5-1 then its a no brainer. Heskey up front on his own or to throw on later in a game is a massive no-no.

I reckon Agbonlahor should be in.

I think he's unlucky not to have gotten more of a look in in general, suffers from being another lightning paced guy with dubious end product (at times) so I don't think he was ever going to get ahead of Walcott and Lennon even thought he's more of an out and out striker than those two.

He's had a decent season and I think his end product has improved quite a bit, he could offer something different than the other strikers that have been picked, just a bit strange he's been totally overlooked.

Australia's 31:

GK:

Def:

Michael Beachamp, David Carney, Scott Chipperfield, Rhys Williams, Craig Moore, Lucas Neill, Jade North, Mark Milligan, Shane Lowry

Mid:

Marco Bresciano, Tim Cahill, Nick Carle, Jason Culina, Brett Emerton, Vincenzo Grella, James Holland, Brett Holman, Thomas Oar, Carl Valeri, Dario Vidosic, Luke Wilkshire

For:

Joshua Kennedy, Harry Kewell, Scott McDonald, Mile Jedinak, Nikita Rukavytsya, Richard Garcia

I thought Kewell was injured yet again?

Australia's 31:

GK:

Def:

Mid:

For:

I thought Kewell was injured yet again?

Craig Moore (unattached) :( Was half expecting to see Viduka in there, has he retired or what?

Plan B if Glen Johnson gets injured????

Micah Richards was first choice RB 2 years ago, nowhere even near the provisional 30 now. He must hate Capello.

I wonder if Carragher will huff off again if Capello brings him on at RB in one of the warm-up games.

Plan B if Glen Johnson gets injured????

I wonder if Carragher will huff off again if Capello brings him on at RB in one of the warm-up games.

He'll get himself sent off. Would be a golden opportunity to go through his teammates' belongings :(

Phil Jagielka unlucky too, but I suppose he has been out for a long time.

Yep, unlucky for him as I think he was in better form than all of the other centre backs named prior to his injury.