Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

welcome to the board DK

Bit harsh to keep Lover out because his dad died. Double Jeopardy isn't it? Didn't he score plenty for us after his loss?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Løvenkrands is not in the squad because of his dad's dead earlier this year.

Is that the reason the Danish FA gave for not choosing him? That's a bit odd.

Anyway, welcome to the board ... and your English is great (and a lot better than 90% of the posts here).

:o

We're playing against you in one of the friendlies leading up to the Cup ... I'm Aussie, so I'll be interested to see how we stack up against each other.

I have a feeling the Danes will be better than us ...

Edited by dbsweeney

Gary Neville bitter as fuck that he hasn't been selected and Liverpool defenders have... :o

Gary Neville questions Fabio Capello's World Cup squad

Gary Neville has questioned England manager Fabio Capello's decision to pick Liverpool's Glen Johnson as his sole right-back for the World Cup.

Johnson has established himself as England's first-choice right-back under Capello, but suffered an injury-interrupted second half of the season.

And Neville said: "I'm surprised there is only one right-back in the squad."

Neville also labelled attempts to lure Paul Scholes out of international retirement "a bit desperate".

Despite failing in his attempt to bring Scholes back into the England fold, Capello did persuade Liverpool's Jamie Carragher to return to the squad three years after his own international retirement.

And although Carragher has played the majority of his career at centre-back, his ability to cover either full-back position was seemingly key in Capello's decision to overlook Manchester United's Neville and Wes Brown.

However, Neville argued that Brown, who started at right-back when England beat Egypt in their last fixture as Johnson recovered from knee ligament damage, was unlucky to miss out.

"I wouldn't say I'm overly disappointed not to be named in the initial 30-man squad, although I did think there was maybe a chance I could get in," added Neville, who made 15 Premier League starts last season but failed to add to his 85 England caps.

"I'm probably more surprised Wes Brown isn't in the 30, to be honest."

Scholes, who retired from international football in 2004, appeared set for a return of his own before eventually rejecting Capello's overtures.

And Neville admitted that courting Scholes made sense, even if it was unlikely to succeed.

"I'm not surprised Capello tried to get him out of retirement because if there's one player I would try to pull out of retirement it's Scholes," Neville said of his team-mate and fellow 35-year-old.

"Capello maybe got a bit desperate at the last minute and wanted Scholes because he's still probably the best midfielder in England, but Scholes decided to stick to his guns."

Meanwhile, Manchester City have confirmed that midfielder Gareth Barry has been sleeping in an oxygen tent in an attempt to speed up his recovery from an ankle injury.

Capello remains hopeful that Barry will be fit for England's second World Cup group game against Algeria on 18 June.

Before that the Italian is set to assess defenders Ledley King and Jamie Carragher in the sold-out friendly against Mexico at Wembley on 24 May.

Neither have played for England since the end of Steve McClaren's reign in 2007.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/w...010/8689245.stm

What an absolute helmet!

I don't think what he says is that contentious. It probably says more about the lack of a RB alternative to Johnson than it does about Neville or Brown's credentials imo. I think the main thing that probably counted against them was lack of first team action.

Gary Neville taking a chance to big up only Manchester United players and sling dirt in the direction of only the Liverpool players isn't contentious when his utter hatred towards them is well known?

Spain international David Villa has moved to Barca for £34.2m to the shock of nobody.

Henry off to the States, most likely. KK would have tried to get him here.

welcome to the board DK

Bit harsh to keep Lover out because his dad died. Double Jeopardy isn't it? Didn't he score plenty for us after his loss?

Løvenkrands is not in the squad because of his dad's dead earlier this year.

Is that the reason the Danish FA gave for not choosing him? That's a bit odd.

Anyway, welcome to the board ... and your English is great (and a lot better than 90% of the posts here).

:D

We're playing against you in one of the friendlies leading up to the Cup ... I'm Aussie, so I'll be interested to see how we stack up against each other.

According the Danish medias it was his own decision. This is what he said in March: "Should Morten Olsen select me to the world cup squad, would I have to say no thanks... I will not be able to cope with a world cup in that condition i'm in now." http://tv2sport.dk/node/51566

I think that the most of the Danes without a doubt would prefer to see Løvenkrands in the squad, even if he has played quite bad at the national team... But I don't think Morten Olsen likes him anyway. And then Morten Olsen always uses the same players. He has for example chosen Søren Larsen who has only played a few games in the German 2. Bundesliga the last half year, but not Løvenkrands (16 gls.) or Mads Junker (21 gls. in the Dutch Eredivisie).... :o

I don't know that much about Australian football, but I think it will be a tight game... Maybe with a little advantage to Denmark. :razz:

The Argentina coach Diego Maradona insulted an injured cameraman after accidentally running over his leg ahead of announcement of the albiceleste World Cup squad.

Driving to yesterday's news conference in Buenos Aires, the 1986 World Cup winner was surrounded by journalists. One was hit and he fell to the ground.

According to a witness, Maradona's car rolled over the lower part of the cameraman's leg. "What an asshole you are," Maradona shouted from the car. "How can you put your leg there where it can get run over, man?" Paramedics attended to the cameraman, who was taken away for further treatment.

The 49-year-old coach then delivered the names of the 23-man squad for the World Cup to the media. Maradona's World Cup preparation was disrupted in March when he needed minor facial surgery after being bitten by his dog.

Mad as a box of frogs :o

I think he's right about his one!

it probably just translated badly but "how can you put your leg there"

as though he was just nonchalantly having a sit down :o

:o

you know what press photographers are like, though. He was probably speeding into somewhere with 50 cameramen surrounding his car with the flash going off in his eyes.

Or possibly off his tits on coke and aimed for him.

Oh, Diego.

Milner to score in final. :D:icon_lol: Now we've let him go he's going to become one of the best players in the world or summink...Nailed on.

Edited by Park Life

England's Worst Ever Football Team

The country's poorest national football team is chosen, using archive footage and expert opinion from contributors including Neil Ruddock and Mark Lawrenson. Among the criteria used are blunders on the pitch, bad haircuts and other misdemeanours

BBC3 Tonight 10:00pm-11:30pm

Might be worth watching :wub:

The country's poorest national football team is chosen, using archive footage and expert opinion from contributors including Neil Ruddock and Mark Lawrenson. Among the criteria used are blunders on the pitch, bad haircuts and other misdemeanours

Didn't Graham Taylor once pick a midfield of Andy Sinton, Geoff Thomas and Carlton Palmer? There can't have been many worse England teams than that one.

This is shit. There's something not right about no-mark, z-list 'celebs' disrespecting international sportsmen. Most of 'em don't seem to know that much about football either.