Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

Guest The Three Lions
Heard that the other day and felt quite emotional :lol::icon_lol:

It's on my iPod - whenever it comes on and I have it connected to the car, up goes the volume.

Far better anthem than 'Three Lions' IMO.

Both classics I think. The Barnes rap is legendary, but even though he'll always be my living icon, it's hilarious when the camera is close up on Peter Beardsley and he goes "ethpreth yourthelth".

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard that the other day and felt quite emotional :rolleyes::lol:

It's on my iPod - whenever it comes on and I have it connected to the car, up goes the volume.

Far better anthem than 'Three Lions' IMO.

Both classics I think. The Barnes rap is legendary, but even though he'll always be my living icon, it's hilarious when the camera is close up on Peter Beardsley and he goes "ethpreth yourthelth".

Speaking of Pedro, has anyone seen that advert of him wearing the current England shirt in the LazyBoy chair?

:icon_lol:

Guest The Three Lions
The Daily Mail letters page...

daily-mail.jpg

:icon_lol:

What a farmer Welsh primitive crop circle making bigoted cunt.

failure is ingrained in the players' minds.

That's bollocks.

why is it bollocks?

why do we always lose on pens? a lot of it psychological if you ask me, a problem the germans don't have because their players are used to winning, not choking, on this biggest stage.

maybe england will prove me wrong - i hope so - but i wouldn't against the weight of expectation plus our collective failures over the years weighing on the players' minds and resulting in us going out in the quarter finals again on pens to a team like germany, that arguably we should be capable of beating.

Do you honestly think the failures of past teams overly play on the minds of this 23? I don't.

i think the collective failure of past england teams and our dreadful record at penalties combined with the massive hype and pressure to win that we always see in the english media does play on the english players' minds, yes.

we don't have a winning mentality when it comes to the national team in this country, unlike the germans. if you put us against the germans in a penalty shoot out, i would bet on them winning 9 times out of 10 despite the fact that our squad looks better on paper. how else do you explain that they usually progress to around the semi final stage despite often looking ordinary on paper when the much-hyped english squad rarely get past the quarter finals. the germans got to the semis last time and people were saying the same thing about their squad as this time round.

i remember the euro 96 shoot out clearly. you could just tell that every german that stood up to take a pen, looked confident of burrying it. then you look at gareth southgate stepping up to take one....

That's bollocks.

why is it bollocks?

why do we always lose on pens? a lot of it psychological if you ask me, a problem the germans don't have because their players are used to winning, not choking, on this biggest stage.

Which of the current German players are used to winning the World Cup or indeed playing in bigger games than the England squad?

i'm talking about the collective mentality of german footballers rather than individual experience of the currrent group of players. the german squad that got to the semis last time round didn't look as talented or as experienced as england when it came to playing in big games but they still did better than us.

honestly alex, do you reckon if we went up against the germans in the quarter or semi finals, we'd win? particularly if it went to pens?

the one thing that might improve our chances this time is that we have the right kind of coach.

Think Mechico will do Sud Afrikaans.

Agree with Stevie there. On paper they're a better side but the opening game scenario / host nation makes it a funny one.

Nah.

:icon_lol: They're odds-against which is good considering they're a far better side like.

Germany v Serbia has got potential and I see Paraguay as the surprise team (for betting purposes) this time.

I don't fancy meeting either of them in the last 16

Why not? We'd piss on them both. Croatia are proven better than both of them sides, and look what happened there. There's no unknown quantities at this World Cup, we have much better players than sides like that. Our World Cup starts in the Semi's. That's our judgement day.

Would we fuck man, i get that your excited, so am I, but lets be honest here, by the last 16 we wont "piss" anyone

That's bollocks.

why is it bollocks?

maybe england will prove me wrong - i hope so - but i wouldn't against the weight of expectation plus our collective failures over the years weighing on the players' minds and resulting in us going out in the quarter finals again on pens to a team like germany, that arguably we should be capable of beating.

Do you honestly think the failures of past teams overly play on the minds of this 23? I don't.

i think the collective failure of past england teams and our dreadful record at penalties combined with the massive hype and pressure to win that we always see in the english media does play on the english players' minds, yes.

we don't have a winning mentality when it comes to the national team in this country, unlike the germans. if you put us against the germans in a penalty shoot out, i would bet on them winning 9 times out of 10 despite the fact that our squad looks better on paper. how else do you explain that they usually progress to around the semi final stage despite often looking ordinary on paper when the much-hyped english squad rarely get past the quarter finals. the germans got to the semis last time and people were saying the same thing about their squad as this time round.

i remember the euro 96 shoot out clearly. you could just tell that every german that stood up to take a pen, looked confident of burrying it. then you look at gareth southgate stepping up to take one....

I read Englischer Fussball: A German View of Our Beautiful Game by Raphael Honigstein recently and one of the most interesting things stated repeatedly in it was the fact England as a team allegedly never practised penalties because the English logic is they are pure luck, opposed to the Germans who always have it as part of training. There was even a great quote from a former English manager about how penalties are in the hands of the gods - now if that is the case it is no wonder they fuck it up so often.

But you can bet Cappello doesn't believe it and they will have a different attitude this WC.

That's bollocks.

why is it bollocks?

I read Englischer Fussball: A German View of Our Beautiful Game by Raphael Honigstein recently and one of the most interesting things stated repeatedly in it was the fact England as a team allegedly never practised penalties because the English logic is they are pure luck, opposed to the Germans who always have it as part of training. There was even a great quote from a former English manager about how penalties are in the hands of the gods - now if that is the case it is no wonder they fuck it up so often.

But you can bet Cappello doesn't believe it and they will have a different attitude this WC.

cappello is our big hope this time. for once it looks like we've got the right kind of manager that has the respect of all the players.

Guest The Three Lions

Less than three hours to go to the World Cup starts, it's been a long wait. Counting the hours down to be honest, shame Mandela can't be there, because this has to be the very culmination of his dream for South Africa, international acceptance and at least on the face of it steps towards racial equality.

We could see the best World Cup ever in my opinion purely because of the climate, summer weather isn't condusive to top level football in my opinion especially if you're English, I've long held the view we'd have many more World Cup's if they were played in Autumn or Winter, but lets hope there's lots of goals, and the stupid fuckin FIFA directives don't result in too many bookings.

MEHEECO MEHEECO RA RA RA

Less than three hours to go to the World Cup starts, it's been a long wait. Counting the hours down to be honest, shame Mandela can't be there, because this has to be the very culmination of his dream for South Africa, international acceptance and at least on the face of it steps towards racial equality.

We could see the best World Cup ever in my opinion purely because of the climate, summer weather isn't condusive to top level football in my opinion especially if you're English, I've long held the view we'd have many more World Cup's if they were played in Autumn or Winter, but lets hope there's lots of goals, and the stupid fuckin FIFA directives don't result in too many bookings.

MEHEECO MEHEECO RA RA RA

Mouthwatering stuff ahead. :icon_lol:

Guest The Three Lions

MEHEECO MEHEECO RA RA RA

Truly it is, for some reason, might be cos Chez has had a bairn, I'm humming La Marseillais involuntarily. I hope France win for my bet tonight to be honest, and Uruguay are dirty bastards.

MEHEECO MEHEECO RA RA RA

Truly it is, for some reason, might be cos Chez has had a bairn, I'm humming La Marseillais involuntarily. I hope France win for my bet tonight to be honest, and Uruguay are dirty bastards.

I want them to do well as England v France (semi?) would be fucking great.

Guest The Three Lions

MEHEECO MEHEECO RA RA RA

I want them to do well as England v France (semi?) would be fucking great.

Quarters, France play Nigeria all going to plan in the Second Round, and us in the QF in the big 95,000 stadium.

I'm getting giddy with excitement now! Even if work commitments mean I'll miss a canny few games next week! I'd take a broken leg for a month off :icon_lol:

A nice build up like. Did anyone see Blatter move that bloke to the other side, to leave himself in the middle of photographs I think :icon_lol: