Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

I'd echo what others have said. We should've won the group and we have missed a golden opportunity to have a relatively easy route to the semis. Obviously you have to play the big guns at some point but no one in their right mind would want our potential set of matches.

Agree about Terry playing to the cameras with his huddle at the end too.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_lol:

Surprised at how happy I am for Team YouEssAy actually. That's a very tasty part of the draw, too - one of Uruguay, South Korea, Ghana and Merka is going to be a semi-finalist. ;)

Surprised at how happy I am for Team YouEssAy actually. That's a very tasty part of the draw, too - one of Uruguay, South Korea, Ghana and Merka is going to be a semi-finalist. ;)

Uruguay are the best of that bunch imo, theres going to be a lot of south/central American teams in the last 16 from the looks of things

if we get past germany does anyone know the date of our quarter final?

3 pm next saturday.

balls, i was afraid of that. supposed to be flying to spain then. flight is blatantly getting switched

Did anyone else have to suffer watching the game at work with people who probably haven't watched a match since the last World Cup?

"Is Rooney allowed to go anywhere on the field?"

"How come when we kick it out they get the ball?"

"Why do they keep falling over and rolling on the ground?"

To be fair the last one is a valid question

Did anyone else have to suffer watching the game at work with people who probably haven't watched a match since the last World Cup?

"Is Rooney allowed to go anywhere on the field?"

"How come when we kick it out they get the ball?"

"Why do they keep falling over and rolling on the ground?"

To be fair the last one is a valid question

;) Aye.

Guest The Three Lions
donovan_1664917c.jpg

;)

Put yourselves in the yank shoes yesterday, that must've been like Bellamy's winner in Feyenoord or Michael Thomas at Anfield for them. Is there any clips of the yanks going mental at home?

I tell you something else, they could quite easily get to the Semi's America, in fact I'd say they have a reasonable chance.

Edited by The Three Lions

Their pile on was class like! The last bloke jumped on an instantly rolled off! ;)

Donovan sounded like a typical yank in his interview too. ''We as a team embody what being an American is about'' or some such.

Guest The Three Lions

Look at them yanks they're like us, tell me what yank sport could get people even 10% that emotional?

Look at them yanks they're like us, tell me what yank sport could get people even 10% that emotional?

Speak for yourself mate.

Guest The Three Lions

Speak for yourself mate.

haha well not like us, but I mean that's how we'd celebrate a goal. Obviously they're mugs, but football is important to some of them at least clearly.

Why are they recording themselves watching football? ;)

Having been an NFL fan for decades and on message boards since they were old and clunky I have seen a huge change in the average "yank" attitude to football.

This was illustrated amply last week when on a national blog/rumour site that I read, the site posted a World Cup "so what" piece in the old "it's boring and no-one scores" style. The reply comments went through the roof and were hugely disdainfull of the writers point of view.

The day when the US takes over the world of football is ever nearer unfortunately.

Having been an NFL fan for decades and on message boards since they were old and clunky I have seen a huge change in the average "yank" attitude to football.

This was illustrated amply last week when on a national blog/rumour site that I read, the site posted a World Cup "so what" piece in the old "it's boring and no-one scores" style. The reply comments went through the roof and were hugely disdainfull of the writers point of view.

The day when the US takes over the world of football is ever nearer unfortunately.

Shut up you tool. It'll never happen, certainly never in any of our lifetimes.