Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will win 2-1 in the final against Spain.

Quoted so when England get knocked out in the quarter finals i can laugh in your face. England are SHITE!

which group are ireland in?

Low blow, getting beat in the playoff against 10th in the world by someone cheating after finishing the group 2nd behind the current world champions wasn't a bad attempt, considering the standard of our team, its not like we've mcgrath and co anymore.

Only reasons i always want England to lose is #1 1966 and how much i've heard about it, and #2 every tournament is met with "we're contenders!!!", then it starts with Motty talking utter ballocks during every one of your fucking matches.

Ladbrokes have you at 3rd favourites for some reason :)

...Colin Murray is a commentator/pundit this year and all, fuck sake i hate that cunt

Here here.

If you're agreeing with a point being made, the phrase you're looking for is "Hear, hear" (originally from "hear him, hear him" used during debates), not "Here here"

I'm pulling you up because you've done that a few times recently and it starting to get on my tits.

Okay.

I thought he was calling his horse in tbh.

That wasn't funny.

We're third favourites because we've got a good team tbh.

Exactly, apart from the goalkeeper situation (which isn't that bad anyway) you've got a strong team in all departments providing there arnt any major injury blows. Being third favorites is about right imo and if you don't make the semis I'd rate the tournament as a dissapointment.

Exactly, apart from the goalkeeper situation (which isn't that bad anyway) you've got a strong team in all departments providing there arnt any major injury blows. Being third favorites is about right imo and if you don't make the semis I'd rate the tournament as a dissapointment.

I was quietly confident around the time of qualifying, with things looking good and a class manager in charge, but since then alot has declined.

Keeper is nowhere near sorted

Terry is far from at his best, Ferdinand is a crock and Ashley Cole is coming back from a big injury and RB was never completely sorted

Gerrard is miles off (possibly for yet to be revealled reasons!), Beckham is out (who i thought would be a very useful sub against tiring defences) and Lennon is coming back from injury as well, as is Joe Cole and Barry is out completely

Rooney may not be back to the electric form he was in before the injuries and Defoe is out of form

But that's typical England to be fair!

I was quietly confident around the time of qualifying, with things looking good and a class manager in charge, but since then alot has declined.

Terry is far from at his best, Ferdinand is a crock and Ashley Cole is coming back from a big injury and RB was never completely sorted

Gerrard is miles off (possibly for yet to be revealled reasons!), Beckham is out (who i thought would be a very useful sub against tiring defences) and Lennon is coming back from injury as well, as is Joe Cole and Barry is out completely

Rooney may not be back to the electric form he was in before the injuries and Defoe is out of form

True, but Spain are having their share of problems too with Xavi, Torres and Fabregas all struggling to be fit for the start. Obviously, keeping Rooney fit is vital.

Edited by TicTacWoe

True, but Spain are having their share of problems too with Xavi, Torres and Fabregas all struggling to be fit for the start. Obviously, keeping Rooney fit is vital.

I'm quietly confident we'll find our way to the quarters to be honest, even with the problems, after that who knows! I think its a safe bet that we'll have a tight game, brave effort and out on pens at soem point though!

Was about to say the same thing regarding the spanish, they've got Senna out too haven't they?

All the major countries will have injuries, players out of form and tired players who've played maybe 50+ games this season. We're no worst of than most of them, but this is where your strength-in-depth, rather than your best XI matters.

the thing that's struck me about the recent world cups is that luck seems to play a gigantic role, there's no way France and Italy were the best two teams in the last tournament, nor were Germany and arguably the Brazil side from the one before. So much depends on refereeing decisions and which team you happen to draw in each round rather than who plays the best.

the thing that's struck me about the recent world cups is that luck seems to play a gigantic role, there's no way France and Italy were the best two teams in the last tournament, nor were Germany and arguably the Brazil side from the one before. So much depends on refereeing decisions and which team you happen to draw in each round rather than who plays the best.

To win any cup or league you need a good slice of luck and avoiding crap from refs, its never just down to how well you played. And i agree, i don't think any of the last few world cup winners have been particularly impressive, they've been functional, done what was needed at the right time or other teams have been shitter to be honest. The last few have been up for grabs for anyone really.

We will win 2-1 in the final against Spain.

Quoted so when England get knocked out in the quarter finals i can laugh in your face. England are SHITE!

Not being English or Irish

And a Newcastle fan? Glory Hunter Shirley :).

Ah but unlike you I'm from "a" Newcastle, tbs tbs.

Now on your horse.

To win any cup or league you need a good slice of luck and avoiding crap from refs, its never just down to how well you played. And i agree, i don't think any of the last few world cup winners have been particularly impressive, they've been functional, done what was needed at the right time or other teams have been shitter to be honest. The last few have been up for grabs for anyone really.

And a tactically aware manager which England finally has with Capello.

Unlike Eriksson or McLaren he won't be sending out the media's team.

He'll play it like a tournament and not as if it's the PL.

Personally I don't think people understand how much of an advantage a winter world cup is to England.

And a tactically aware manager which England finally has with Capello.

Unlike Eriksson or McLaren he won't be sending out the media's team.

He'll play it like a tournament and not as if it's the PL.

Personally I don't think people understand how much of an advantage a winter world cup is to England.

Capello will be the best tactician and organiser at the world cup imo. Makes a change.

despite all the inevitable red top hype, we will not win the world cup.............FACT

in fact, we will do well to get past the quarter finals. don't belive the hype. england are not one of the best teams in the world. we certainly won't be third favourites with bookmakers outside of the uk.

Dont know how anyone can rate our chances on current form / injuries.

Rooney - injured too much

Gerrard - shite form

Terry - shite form

Ferdinand - shite form

A Cole - injured too much

Barry - injured

Not sure the list stops there either.

Gerrard - shite form

Terry - shite form

Ferdinand - shite form

Barry - injured

cole looked fine against wigan yesterday, so did terry

rooney should be fit, hes got some time now, ferdinand too

gerrards still gerrard and can still do the business, he'll not be playing in a team where he knows without torres hes the only good player capable of getting them up there, its weighed on him heavily this season imo

Gerrard - shite form

Terry - shite form

Ferdinand - shite form

Barry - injured

cole looked fine against wigan yesterday, so did terry

rooney should be fit, hes got some time now, ferdinand too

gerrards still gerrard and can still do the business, he'll not be playing in a team where he knows without torres hes the only good player capable of getting them up there, its weighed on him heavily this season imo

And also, like I said before every team has injury worries, Spain are struggling to get Xavi, Fabregas and Torres fit in time and Brazil have had the likes of Kaka and Luis Fabiano in and out of injury all season. Germany had their first choice keeper commit suicide and their second choice ruled out with injury, France have doubts for Gallas/Abidal while the likes of Ribery and Henry have had injury plagued seasons and poor form etc etc

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, David James, Robert Green.

Defenders: Leighton Baines, Jamie Carragher, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Glen Johnson, Ledley King, John Terry, Matthew Upson, Stephen Warnock.

Midfielders: Gareth Barry, Michael Carrick, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Tom Huddlestone, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Milner, Scott Parker, Theo Walcott, Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Forwards: Darren Bent, Peter Crouch, Jermain Defoe, Emile Heskey, Wayne Rooney.

Looks not bad, who do you think will drop out?

Warnock, Wright-Phillips and then Parker/Carrick if Barry is fit.

and probs Bent.

Criminal if he is dropped. Heskey has to be before him.

and probs Bent.

I never said it would be my choice like.

Guest alex

Heskey is the better partner for Rooney though. At least as the manager sees it. Shame he couldn't finish his dinner like.

and probs Bent.

Heskey's been useless this season, shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, Bent has to be ahead of him, Zamora should be in their on form rather than history. Surprised to see no Ashley Young but he himself hasn't been as good this year I suppose.