Spain win 2010 WORLD CUP.

Park Life

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England and Chelsea defender John Terry should be fit to play in Saturday's FA Cup final against Portsmouth despite injuring his right foot in training

The Chelsea captain was taken from the training ground to hospital on Wednesday but a scan revealed that he did not suffer a break as was feared.

Lovenkrands missed out for Denmark. That's a shame if you ask me.

Who's asking you like? :icon_lol:

It is, but I'd rather he had a good rest and focus on pre-season training/games.

August 2008, extracts taken from Carra: My Autobiography:

• "I was never in love with playing for England in the first place."

• "Sitting on the England coach as it prepared to drive us away from the World Cup in Germany, I received a text message. 'Fcuk it! It's only England'. I'd just missed a penalty in the quarter-final shoot-out against Portugal. Representing your country is the ultimate honour, especially in the World Cup. Not to me."

• "I would rather miss for England than LFC."

• "I wasn't giving up my football career or my ambitions. Only England."

• "The Liver Bird mauled the Three Lions in the fight for my loyalties."

• "Whenever I returned home from disappointing England experiences, one unshakeable, overriding thought pushed itself to the forefront of my mind, no matter how much the rest of the nation mourned. 'At least it wasn't Liverpool,' I'd repeat to myself, over and over."

• "Sitting on the England coach as it prepared to drive us away from the World Cup in Germany, I received a text message. 'Fcuk it! It's only England'. I'd just missed a penalty in the quarter-final shoot-out against Portugal. Representing your country is the ultimate honour, especially in the World Cup. Not to me."

• "Whenever I returned home from disappointing England experiences, one unshakeable, overriding thought pushed itself to the forefront of my mind, no matter how much the rest of the nation mourned. 'At least it wasn't Liverpool,' I'd repeat to myself, over and over."

Disgrace.

The thing that annoys me about this whole carragher thing more than anything else is that he's not actually that good

The thing that annoys me about this whole carragher thing more than anything else is that he's not actually that good

I thought thats why he quit international football in the first place as he was like 4th or 5th choice and didnt want to warm the bench

Scouse cunt

Back on to Argentina, the ommision of both Zanetti and Cambiasso reinfirces my theory that Maradona is either a comedy genius or a nutcase.

I can't work that one out either. He must just get British sky sports and his wife won't let him watch mid week football. :icon_lol:

Guest Barrack Road
Back on to Argentina, the ommision of both Zanetti and Cambiasso reinfirces my theory that Maradona is either a comedy genius or a nutcase.

Incredible. Honestly I think he's their second best player.

Incredible. Honestly I think he's their second best player.

Has he dropped the two most senior players in the dressing room?.....are they pulling him up on his err "tactics"? :icon_lol:

I don't think anybody disagrees that with a good manager, Argentina would have to be in the top 3 picks to lift the World Cup. Unbelievable going forward and good enough at the back to withstand the majority of the teams in there.

With Maradona though, I can honestly see his tactical immaturity leading to giving up leads and suffering a sucker-punch or two.

I still think raw talent will get them beyond the groups, but after that...

Disgrace.

Him and his old man used to be "Mr Everton and son" when he was a bairn.....when did they win the cup winner's cup? 85ish? His old man took him out of school to go to the away leg of the semi and the final in Rotterdam.

Now the old man is a season ticket holder at Unfilled and they both hate blusenoses with a passion. Heads turned much? :icon_lol:

I think it's odds on that he's on the plane like, cover for Johnson. England have a ok first XI but outside that its a laugh.

Cambiasso was a massive player for the Argies in the last world cup. Zanetti is pure class as well. Absolutely baffling.

I don't think Brazil will get beyond the quarters either, their coach is trying to make them play football that doesn't suit their game.

Carra shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad. I won't support the scouse twat, thankfully he won't get into the first team if Johnson stays fit.