Club statement

Gejon

10. Listen to supporters

Arguably the most important of all is our commitment to listen to what you have to say. We know we are just the custodians of this club. You who follow us every week, whether near or far, are the true owners. Whether talking to you online or in print, or face to face at fan forums, we will be open, transparent and available.

Yeah, can you see our club taking this approach?

West Ham doing the opposite of what Ashley does.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode called 'The Opposite' where George realises every single decision he makes is wrong so doing the opposite must be right.

In seriousness, surely anyone taking over a football club these days merely has to look at this place then use the Sienfeld logic you talk about.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10. Listen to supporters

Arguably the most important of all is our commitment to listen to what you have to say. We know we are just the custodians of this club. You who follow us every week, whether near or far, are the true owners. Whether talking to you online or in print, or face to face at fan forums, we will be open, transparent and available.

Yeah, can you see our club taking this approach?

West Ham doing the opposite of what Ashley does.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode called 'The Opposite' where George realises every single decision he makes is wrong so doing the opposite must be right.

In seriousness, surely anyone taking over a football club these days merely has to look at this place then use the Sienfeld logic you talk about.

Dunno like, its the logic Ashley applied to running this club....

I'd not be trusting Gold and Sullivan either like.

As far as both owners are concerned I wish they would shut up and not say anything.

• 3 weeks later...

On .com this morning, the last line if true is another head shaking moment for NUFC. WTF is the club doing telling journalists off for reporting speculation. When will the blunders stop and when will they get it in to their dense heads that you can not control the media, especially not in a city as hungry for footy news as Newcastle.

Comments from Chris Hughton as reported in The Chronicle on Monday, following his return from holiday:

“You always continue to take calls and our business has been on-going. There’s been talk about Sol Campbell and Andy O’Brien in the past and there are always names that keep coming up – but we have not looked into signing those players.

“And Jimmy Bullard is another player that has not been mentioned. There are some players we are interested in and we’re open-minded about those options.”

That trio of players had all been linked to the club in recent days - whether the rags that did the linking have received more of the recently-circulated knuckle-rapping letters from NUFC is unreported.

I didn't realise we had been asking other clubs to join in our Mail Boycoutt...

"The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday, will be unwelcome at Newcastle United for the foreseeable future. The club has also written to the Premier League and all other Premier League Chairmen, asking for their support in Newcastle's stance against these publications."

Oh yes. Great idea that like. :angry:

Are we to assume that the same fate has befallen the Guardian following the "racist Newcastle fans protested against Cole"? Im guessing not because that doesnt affect the fat man. <_<

Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias

By Mail On Sunday Reporter

Our article of March 28 stated that Kevin Cash was closely linked in business with the businessmen Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias.

In fact, neither Mr Ashley nor Mr Llambias, has any business link with Mr Cash and say, to the best of their knowledge, they have never met him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...o=feeds-newsxml

So that's what actually got the mail banned rather than owt to do with Triesman.

Is this what they got upset about?

Kevin Cash, seems to tick all the right boxes and is very media shy

Cash, 46, has been married three times. One of his ex-wives, intriguingly, is Jackie St Clair, who became Simon Cowell’s girlfriend. Cash is reputed to be worth about £500million and his substantial property portfolio includes half of an exclusive row of mews houses close to the Dorchester Hotel in Mayfair, homes in Marbella and Miami and a £16million country estate, North Aston Hall, in Bicester, Oxfordshire. Yet he has never been included on any rich list.

He is involved with a company set up to manage property portfolios for Premiership football stars, including the controversial Chelsea defender John Terry. And he is in partnership with businessman Derek Llambias in the exclusive London club known as The Fifty, where they can all meet discreetly over dinner.

Llambias and Cash are also closely linked in business with Mike Ashley, owner of Newcastle United Football Club and ranked 60th in the 2009 Sunday Times Rich List, with an estimated wealth of £700million.

‘Cash is probably one of the most powerful people in London today,’ says a source. ‘He handles money for many super-rich businessmen and has managed to make himself more than any of them.’

Despite his enormous wealth, Cash does not appear to have any British-registered companies, but has based his business empire offshore. Rose Properties – which owns his impressive Oxfordshire estate – is registered in the Virgin Islands, where it is neither necessary to file accounts nor name directors.

• 11 months later...
http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20100509/nu...2240137_2047576

NUFC Statement

NEWCASTLE UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB

MAY 2010

Introduction

The Board of Newcastle United Football Club whilst celebrating winning the Football League Championship 2009-2010 are aware that the next season in the Barclays Premier League presents a challenge to all at the Club. The Board recognises that one of the greater elements of this challenge is to promote stability throughout the organisation. This great club has not won a major trophy since the 1969 victory in the European Fairs Cup. The first challenge is to maintain Premier League status.

Given the situation, and the fact that Newcastle United have continually been misrepresented by the national media over the past decade, the club now feels that it is the correct time to send a clear message to its magnificent supporters who have kept faith with the club over the past forty years and also to send out a clear message to all branches of the media about the club's plans for the next five years both on and off the field of play.

Finances

The Club presented its financial report to Companies House this April for the year 2008/2009. The financial report shows that there was an operating loss of £37.7 million for that year and an estimated loss for 2009/2010 of £32.5 million. Newcastle United also has an overdraft of £20 million that is fully committed. It is clear to the Board that no organisation can be successful, until the financial position is stabilised.

The Board have therefore structured a five year plan in which the ultimate goal will be to ensure that the club is run at a "break even" manner by the year 2015/2016. The club also wishes it to be known; in an effort to stop the untrue rumours and stories that emanate from outside Newcastle United that:

Didnt I read somewhere else that we are now forecasting breaking even this year end?

Didnt I read somewhere else that we are now forecasting breaking even this year end?

I think that the club will actually be close to that target, but only if the Carroll money goes into club debt payments. By close though it's still a few million here or there..

I think that the club will actually be close to that target, but only if the Carroll money goes into club debt payments. By close though it's still a few million here or there..

Just had a quick nose about and it was Simon Bird in The Mirror that said......

Newcastle issued financial records detailing how they survived being relegated, and their plans for the future, yesterday. In an amazing turnaround, the club will break even this season - even without the £35m Andy Carroll windfall.

Newcastle issued financial records detailing how they survived being relegated, and their plans for the future, yesterday. In an amazing turnaround, the club will break even this season - even without the £35m Andy Carroll windfall.

hey cool so that 35 million can be pumped straight back into the squad

and of course the additional monies from season ticket sales and TV revenues — should be quite a few bob. :lol:

does it also mean we could have told Liverpool to fuck off ?

If we had, at the price they paid, we'd want shooting.

Edited by Toonpack

and of course the additional monies from season ticket sales and TV revenues — should be quite a few bob. :lol:

On a side note we should really be saying that the Carroll money will be put in to paying off debts or anything other than transfer otherwise come the summer every player we show an interest in will suddenly double in price. I mean while I don't expect us to reinvest anywhere near £35m in the squad this summer at the same time we don't want to be held to ransom either so it's probably best if the whole situation is played down until the transfers are done and we can tot up how much has been spent. It'll be an interesting summer one way or the other.

If we had, at the price they paid, we want shot.

In your opinion. Liverpool don't agree, but of course, you think they do it all wrong and we get it spot on.

That should give us over 35m quid plus a budget in keeping with a club with the revenues and ambitions that we ought to have then.

Should be a soopa doopa transfer window, we'll leave the likes of Carlton Cole to the 2nd rate selling clubs, yes ?

Dont be silly man, it was one of the best bits of business in years. Even you know who said so.

change the fucking record man

If we had, at the price they paid, we want shot.

In your opinion. Liverpool don't agree, but of course, you think they do it all wrong and we get it spot on.

That should give us over 35m quid plus a budget in keeping with a club with the revenues and ambitions that we ought to have then.

Should be a soopa doopa transfer window, we'll leave the likes of Carlton Cole to the 2nd rate selling clubs, yes ?

Was free money for Liverpool, if it hadn't come straight via Chelsea and had had to come out of the owners pocket NO WAY would they have offered anything like that. It's an absurd amount for "potential", shit it's an absurd amount even for fully developed potential (£5 Mill more than Berbatov, who was overpriced as well).

It'll fucking kill you, if we reinvest it, won't it.

That said I can hear it now "He's not good enough", "he should have bought player x,y,z instead" and of course if we have a net spend of a penny under £35Mill you'll be on the soapbox again.

Of course when Enrique goes at least that'll perpetuate your selling club myth.

Thank your mate for where we've been.

Do they not mean we'll break even this season as in not go any further into debt, whereas they want the club to be totally debt free by 15/16?

Thats how I read it ie this year our income will equal outgoings.