Allardyce slams Toon fans

Kitman

Blackburn Rovers boss Sam Allardyce reckons Newcastle United fans do the club no favours.

Allardyce endured a torrid time at St James’s Park and believes the rabid supporters of the Tyneside club are more of a hindrance than a help.

He told the Sunday Mirror: "Fan pressure there is hostile towards the players. They don’t really support the team as they should, they’re very critical and the players can’t handle that.

“That’s what Scott Parker couldn’t cope with. He said he couldn’t play at Newcastle.

“Gary Speed told me when I went up there that it’s a very difficult place to play your football. If the fans don’t take to you, you’re knackered.

“I had spent a huge amount of time recreating a football club that needed recreating. That was behind the scenes, with an induction of staff who had moved with me.

“We’d created a whole new working environment, but that staff got dismantled over the next six months – the club appreciated nothing and started all over again.”

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/black...nited-fans.html?

-------------------------------------------------------

I really do find this gobshite tiresome. I'd have more respect for him if he just kept his mouth shut and moved on, but he's still trying to justify the past. He should just get over it, it didn't work out and enough said.

He's said it again?

He really should fuck off. :)

Aha, just seen CT's thread. I'm so ashamed.

Mods please delete this thread.