What about Keane as a central defender?

sammynb

I was just reading the many articles speculating where Roy Keane is going and as much as I think he is a right prick, I had the thought, what if we signed him to play as a CB?

At the moment we lack any organisation and I remember last season he played quite a few games there for man yoo, so why not?

He also fits into the Souness requirement as a proper player and he must know that his legs are tiring and the move would add quite a few years to his career.

Thoughts?

Edited by sammynb

I only said it was a daft idea to coax sammynb into one of his hissy fits tbh. :D Didn't work. :angry:

No way would Keane come and expose himself to being a central defender at NUFC though - would you want that to be the end to your career? :icon_lol:

Not a bad idea IMO. He's filled in for manure in the back four and whilst he may not be the best central defender in the world, it doesn't take much to be better than than either boumsong or bumble the way they are playing.

I'd like to see Keane at the Toon but doubt if he'd come as he's a left footer headed up to celtic. I'd love to see the bollocking he'd give the likes of bumble and ameobi though. It would be priceless.