The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

Nearly overcooking that final corner yesterday ffs. :lol:

Bit gutted Contador is out, feels like Nibali is gonna have to have a shocking day at some point to make it interesting. Didn't he look completely out of form a month or so ago too.

I'm all about getting cheapish gear atm. It's insanely expensive some of the stuff you can get. I reckon those fifteen pounders could have some waffa thin bollock protection though, go with the Tenn ones imo.

There's this Strava segment heading out of my estate which only 30 odd people have done so I'm targeting it to try and get a KOM, but I keep just falling short. I was 1 second off it tonight. :lol: it's doing my head in.

I normally do it first thing in the morning so there's no one there to watch my ridiculous efforts, but I was bombing past people walking their dogs tonight looking a right cunt!

Aye the same happened on Yorkshire with the Tour going through. :lol: I bet @@wykikitoon had a few of his records demolished!

:lol:

One segment I aint KOM on, but I am ahead of Laurens Ten Dam, Lars Boom and a couple of other Belkin lads. The only difference. My HR is 178, theirs c100. :lol: depressing.

I once got the dreaded Uh Oh! Email where it tells you I had a KOM taken off me. I opened it sweating and saw that Joe Moses (he rides for Rapha) had taken one of my KOMs, no chance Ill get that back!

:lol:

One segment I aint KOM on, but I am ahead of Laurens Ten Dam, Lars Boom and a couple of other Belkin lads. The only difference. My HR is 178, theirs c100. :lol: depressing.

I once got the dreaded Uh Oh! Email where it tells you I had a KOM taken off me. I opened it sweating and saw that Joe Moses (he rides for Rapha) had taken one of my KOMs, no chance Ill get that back!

I'm scrapping for this one on my estate, and consoling myself with the fact that the kid who has it is younger and lighter than me. :lol: I'm the fastest of the old fatties that have done it.

It's mental though, Strava reckons I'm hoping out 238w for less than 2 minutes to try and beat this segment, and at the end of that I'm Fucked and need a rest. These blokes average 400w over the course of an entire tour. :o

I'm scrapping for this one on my estate, and consoling myself with the fact that the kid who has it is younger and lighter than me. :lol: I'm the fastest of the old fatties that have done it.

It's mental though, Strava reckons I'm hoping out 238w for less than 2 minutes to try and beat this segment, and at the end of that I'm Fucked and need a rest. These blokes average 400w over the course of an entire tour. :o

Wiggins will smash out 450w for an hour in a TT.

My FTP is a wopping 297, I am chuffed to bits with that :lol:

I lad took my KOM the other night, so went and took it back, its too addictive man