The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

Quintana 32s on Froome with 6km to go. Froome's gonna need to go pop for him to do it.

Yeah. Having teammates at a time like this is worth its weight in gold.

Tremendous by Quintana. Did he get distanced by crosswinds in the first week? But for that...

He did. Can't remember what he lost. Bit over a minute? Close to what the final margin will be anyway.

Next year.

1:28 he lost apparently. I mean obviously everything would have played out differently had he not been gapped in that stage, but that would have been enough for him to win it today.

Good chat everyone. Congrats to Sky and Froome. See you in here again next year.

I'm fully expecting wykiki in here in a few days asking if we saw his 'gemmil sux' shirt on the Alpe. :lol:

Edited by toonotl

• 3 weeks later...

Gerant Thomas is my tip.

what for?, he needs a team built around him i reckon. At the moment its Froome as No1 at sky (rightly) I'd suggest Konigs a better bet for a GT than Thomas in sky's ranks. But not this year as he's already done 2!

22nd august it kicks off.

Agree re the tiredness, think the bigger players that did the tour won't be able to do this at the same intensity.

Pozzovivo for a podium? (if he stays on his bike).