The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

I've recently bought a road bike also, and a bunch of the gear too. Padded bib pants are a must. Only just switched over to cleats and after the last ride had sore knees and cramping/pain in my right foot.

On the GPS front I have a samsung gear fit2 that came with my phone that is reasonable. I bought a small cheap Lezyne GPS so that I could have a HUD showing speed, distance etc. It's a bit clunky to interface with Strava (have to connect to a PC to upload the ride and then  it syncs) but for starting out it's perfect.

Edited by OTF

A mate of mine got a gear fit 2 with his phone contract that he never used so I've bought that off him cheap.

Bike gear all arrived the other day and the bike has arrived this morning, so now I want to finish work...

12 minutes ago, Andrew said:

A mate of mine got a gear fit 2 with his phone contract that he never used so I've bought that off him cheap.

Bike gear all arrived the other day and the bike has arrived this morning, so now I want to finish work...

That's pretty much me at 08:05 every week day.

Went for my first bike ride in 6 or so years tonight, a mile uphill to my mate Dans house (whose fucking idea this all was), didn't do too bad, didn't fall off, didn't stop.

Forgot to turn strava back on for the return trip but its happen just as well, all downhill would've massaged my stats a bit.

33 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Lao Tzu say, the journey of thousand mile begin with mile uphill to mate Dan's house

Baby steps, I was quite wobbly having not ridden in quite a long time I'm just pleased I didn't fall off.

12 minutes ago, OTF said:

How did you pull up afterwards/the next day Andrew? I had sore legs from a test ride on mine.

Feel fine, I've not ridden in a while but I play a fair bit of football so I'm not entirely unfit fortunately.

Going for a longer ride tonight though so I guess we'll see :D

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Feel fine, I've not ridden in a while but I play a fair bit of football so I'm not entirely unfit fortunately.

Going for a longer ride tonight though so I guess we'll see :D

I play a fair bit of football also, sore was probably an exaggeration but I could definitively feel it the next day, the test ride was very short up a hill. Oddly didn't feel anything much in the legs from my next ride which was 11.5km, twas more from the saddle (didn't have padded pants at this stage).

• 3 months later...

Using TUE's for illegitmate uses is a doping violation.

Using Needles at the CDF is a doping violation and if (when) found guilty WIggins would be stripped of everything he won in 2012, including his olympic medals.

Dr Steve 'I've fucked a monkey' Peters giving out TUE's at the Olympic is handy too aint it eh?

Riders wanting to be strapped to a drip to aid recovery eh.  All LA esque aint it?  It's only recovery honest gov!  Nothing more than vitamin pills.  Just like they said in the 90s.

Sky were normal in 2010 but old Rup's wanted more bang for his buck.  He wanted Sky on top.  Then suddenly they employ one of the dirtiest doctors going to 'weigh' the riders. Then suddenly, pack fodder Dawg is smashing the fuck out of everyone.  The kid was offered around and wasnt much use, then he told Sir Dave he would go all the way.

Freeman is a massive fall guy for this, thrown right under the bus.

• 3 weeks later...

If the UCI follow precedent of the Ullisi case, he will get 9 month ban and loose his Vuelta.

That will be fucked for his Giro - Tour double next season.

It titally fucks Sky too.  This isnt JiffyGate this is fucking BIGGER.  I bet Walsh is sat crying in his Froomie shirt at home now.

CUNT.

Just looked at the dates.

The day of his + test he had just the fuck out of everyone on a summit finish to claw back his first place position after having an awful day the day before.

Yet Sky fans think the cunt is jesus!