The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I used to look forward to seeing the Devil every July on channel 4 :)

He's an exception, he's a legend.  Met him a couple of times, absolutely off his fucking nut :lol:

• Like 1

On 26/07/2019 at 14:57, PaddockLad said:

:lol:

That's great, was he from Belgium? 

German

He's an inventor by all accounts.

I was in Amsterdam for the 2010 Giro D'Italia start.  Sat outside a cafe having coffee one morning when this Nutter started shouting behind me, turned around and it was him running up to people screaming :lol:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Tour of Britain today starting and finishing in my old home town with 100 miles of  gorgeous Border scenery to gawp at 👍

Tooj is up there for the start/finish

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alex said:

He’s took his caravan. I shit thee not 😂

:lol:  I’ve sold my camper, wasn’t using it. The missus says she’s too old for slumming it. 

Nice  spot for him to pitch though in town at the show ground by the river....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I am more shocked people didnt think he lied :lol:

Full of absolute shite from the off.  Apparently they were for Sutton who denies it.

Jim Ratcliffe will keep him sweet with a few quid as will Murdoch.  Fuck all will happen.

7 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I don’t follow cycling in the least, but would I be right in saying that this virtually confirms that Wiggins is dirty? 

Team GB (Yes, the loveable Laura Kenny et al)

Team Sky / Ineos

I would even throw Lizzie Armitstead under the bus with her 3 missed tests and excuse of 'oh I didnt hear the door bell' shite.

Let's be honest.  Sport in general is fucking rife with it as its a Trillion dollar industry.

• 2 weeks later...

Fuck me, the Freeman inquiry today with Sutton has been class.

The coach of the winner of the first British TDF champ, a cheat, a liar, a doper, ordering PED's.  Who would have thought it.

Get ready for Sir Wiggo he maybe releasing a statement anytime soon! 

I know the square root of fuck all about cycling, but this all relates to long-distance endurance cycling , a la Tour de France, aye? 

Does this suspicion, that the entire lot of them are doped up to fuck, extend to Chris “ Thighs Like A Whale’s Cock” Hoy and his branch of the sport too, or are they clean ? 

Oh aye, its BC / Sky all in one.

It's so fucking funny.  Whilst the head Dr of BC and Sky was ordering fuck loads of testerone and keeping fuck all records (evidence), Team Sky were (and still are) dominating races in a sport that's had Armstrong, Riis, Ullrich, Mercx et al.  Yet they claimed they did it clean by cutting out Nutella and fluffing up pillows :lol:

Brailsford you cunt :lol:

When Sky started dominating, they started the patter of Marginal Gains.  Saying it was small things that other teams have never looked at (which was all bollocks).  Stuff like having their won chef on grand tours (the likes of US Postal (Lance's team) had done this back in the 90s), banning Nutella and having the correct pillows (teams go from hotel to hotel on big races).  It was all a smoke screen for the emerging cycling fans in the UK and 99% of it took it hook line and sinker. 

Yet people still believe Froome's victories are clean.  The only clean winner I believe in at Sky / Ineos is Egan Bernal.  Even then I look at that as a cynic, but I know lads who raced against him as a junior and said he was fucking shit hot then.

Wiggins, Brailsford et al should all hang for this.

• Like 1