The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

It was fucking sensational. I genuinely thought it was all over this year, but what a performance by Jumbo-Visma today.

Galibier again tomorrow and Alpe D'Huez. I can't wait

Pals are out there.  Fucking gutted I don't have any holidays left.  They were on the Galibier today and said the speed they went up was mental.  Although Pidcock had time to say hello :lol: 

30 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Also, I don't know what rocket fuel Wout is on this year but by Christ he has been entertaining

Him and Mvdp in the break today was class. 

28 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Pidcock has a great turn of phrase

He's a very social awkward lad 😂 he comes from a good family. His old lad is a great rider. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Is Pidcock on the gear? 

I haven't watched any of this tour. I'm annoyed with myself, sounds like it's been a belter. 

IMO no. Yesterday was amazing. Today's Pidcocks descending was amazing made Nibali look meh. Then the Alpe. Wow. 

Thomas though. Smashed to the tits on it 😂

What a sensational Tour that was, it had absolutely everything.

Vingegard vs Pog could be epic for years to come.

Wout van Aert is the most exciting rider I've ever seen

Jumbo Visma's preparation must be off the charts

Pidcocks descending, fucking hell

All it was missing was Cav winning in Paris. @wykikitoon you reckon Lefevere regrets his decision yet?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

What a sensational Tour that was, it had absolutely everything.

Vingegard vs Pog could be epic for years to come.

Wout van Aert is the most exciting rider I've ever seen

Jumbo Visma's preparation must be off the charts

Pidcocks descending, fucking hell

All it was missing was Cav winning in Paris. @wykikitoon you reckon Lefevere regrets his decision yet?

Cav was on LA's podcast, it was a great decision.  Surly Paddy is thinking WTF didn't I take Cav?  He would have pissed that sprint yesterday. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went to Carlton Bank yesterday to watch the Tour of Britain.

Fuck me, almost ended up in a fight with a loud mouthed Smoggie cunt :lol: 

My mate and I decided to stand on the lower part of the climb as the Beefeater wankers were further up and all seemed pissed.  So we wanted somewhere a little quieter.  Anyway, it got busier before the race came through.  Some old kid came and stood near us.  Then put his phone on full blast and started to watch the race.  That was annoying and a few others near us didn't seem impressed.  Then he saw a couple of lads riding up he knew so he shouted them.  They stood on the other side of the road and were basically shouting at each other.  About 10 minutes of this and various people now moving away my mate turns to the old kid and said 'If you turn the race off and go stand with your mate to talk you don't have to shout' :lol: This old kid looked at my mate and told him to fuck off :lol: 

Anyways, race came through and this old kid was obviously a full on expert. As it came passed it went it a bit like this;

Smog 1 excited as fuck 'That's Ritchie Porte on the front smashing it for Pidcock'
Me 'That's not Porte, it's Fraile'

Smog 1 'Is it fuck'

Group comes passed

Smog 2 'He's right Marra, that wasn't Porte'

Smog 1 'Daft cunt, it was.  Alex Dowsett was hanging on the back, good lad'

Me 'Dowsett wasn't there'

Smog 1 'What fucking race you watching like? He was on the back'

Me 'That was Theuns'

Smog 1 'You ever watched a race before like?'

I just ignored him at this point. The bloke was in his early 60s and an utter nob.

Anyways a few people started to walk off the climb and someone asked me, if that was it.

Smog 1 'Aye, that's it'

Me 'No, there's about another 50 riders left to come through'

Smog 1 'Don't listen to him love, he's clueless'

My Mate 'No love, there's about 50 riders, don't listen to Mr Angry here'

Police moto's and NEG start coming though then a small group of about 10 rides come

Smog 1 'See, not 50'

Me 'It's the hilly-est stages on the Tour, it's going to be split up. I've been to watch Flanders over 15 times, I have watched Tour stages in the Alps, it's going to be split up'
Smog 1 to Smog 2 'Mr Know it all eh'

Then a Police motos and NEG come followed by a group of 40ish riders

Me to Smog 1 'Oooo look who's on the front, its Porte & Dowsett, I wonder if they've done a loop and jumped in with this bunch to finish further down'

Smog 2 'hahaha, he's fucking right you know'

Smog 1 walks off.

• Haha 6

There was a quite a large lad came riding up on a top end bike.  This lad made fun of him to his mates.  Someone said to this lad 'Maybe he's just got into cycling and thought he would treat himself. why take the piss' He didn't have a retort for it at all :lol: 

25 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

There was a quite a large lad came riding up on a top end bike.  This lad made fun of him to his mates.  Someone said to this lad 'Maybe he's just got into cycling and thought he would treat himself. why take the piss' He didn't have a retort for it at all :lol: 

Is this about CT?

• Haha 3