The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He seems okay, his wife has her knockers though.

I went to the British Nationals in 2015 and she was walking about before the end of the womens race.  One of the funniest things happend to my mate.

Mate to Peta 'Are you Peta?'
PT 'Yes, Mark isn't here yet though, he should be soon'

'Mark who?'

'Mark Cavendish' (she's looking confused), my mate looks at me confused.

'Oh right, why, what about Cav?'

'Oh nothing, err why?'

'Oh nothing, I just wanted a photo with you that's all'

'Oh right. Marks my boyfriend'

:lol:

She thought he wanted to know where Cav was, but he had knocked several mixes out on here before so wanted a photo with her.  Didn't have a clue her and Cav were an item :lol: 

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Cycling home from graft today I had to pull over and have a little sit down and compose myself.  Had a little cry, couldn't stop thinking about it.  At least the lad went doing something he loved.

RIP Gino

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Cycling home from graft today I had to pull over and have a little sit down and compose myself.  Had a little cry, couldn't stop thinking about it.  At least the lad went doing something he loved.

RIP Gino

Cycling is such a beautiful sport. I think the most emotional I've ever been watching a sporting event is when Lance Armstrong solo'd the stage win after Fabio Casartelli died on the 1995 Tour. And even my later hatred af LA doesn't really lessen the impact of that stage

At least the lad went doing something he loved.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Cycling is such a beautiful sport. I think the most emotional I've ever been watching a sporting event is when Lance Armstrong solo'd the stage win after Fabio Casartelli died on the 1995 Tour. And even my later hatred af LA doesn't really lessen the impact of that stage

At least the lad went doing something he loved.

That was on my mind tonight as I cycled back. I think that's what started it. 

Last weekend Nino schurter broke the record for most MTB. Wc wins. I was watching that in tears too. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/07/2023 at 16:46, spongebob toonpants said:

Well good grief. Good day for the Yates family

Ned Boulting the fucking bell.  As they were going for the last 1km 'Thoughts and prayers for the Yates family'

Thoughts and bastard prayers??!?! WHY?!?!!  They're leading the biggest cycling race in the world you mad boring cunt.

What a start to the Tour though. The Basque fans are mental.  When I cycled in Italy a few years ago, at the top of the Stelvio there was 8 or so Basque lads having coffee.  We had a cracking laugh with them.  They were so passionate about cycling, yet so down to earth and a great laugh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

The Basque fans are mental.  When I cycled in Italy a few years ago, at the top of the Stelvio there was 8 or so Basque lads having coffee.  We had a cracking laugh with them.  They were so passionate about cycling, yet so down to earth and a great laugh.

Should've asked them if they knew a Sunderland fan formed their club? Missed opportunity there, Wykiki. 

• Haha 5

Apparently someone is gonna give him a contract next year.  Just stick to your guns Mark, retire.  It's wank you have crashed out, but as you know, thats sport.

He has a young family, enjoy the time with them, you'll never get that time back.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Apparently someone is gonna give him a contract next year.  Just stick to your guns Mark, retire.  It's wank you have crashed out, but as you know, thats sport.

He has a wife with huge knockers, enjoy the time with them, you'll never get that time back.

FYP

• Haha 1

• 5 weeks later...

What a Mens Elite RR at the weekend.  Watched it again yesterday. Fuck me. One of the best I have seen.

I am off up to Glasgow to watch the men & women MTB XCO on Saturday.  Sunday we are off into Glasgow for the Women's Elite RR,  Cannot fucking wait!

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

What a Mens Elite RR at the weekend.  Watched it again yesterday. Fuck me. One of the best I have seen.

I am off up to Glasgow to watch the men & women MTB XCO on Saturday.  Sunday we are off into Glasgow for the Women's Elite RR,  Cannot fucking wait!

Watched it live, what a group of 4 that was. Great stuff

Milan  San Remo, Paris Roubaix and 2 rainbow jerseys. Quite the season

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Like 1