The Cycling Thread

Geordieracer

Runs his own business, Stevie, so he CHOSE to put it in Sunderland. Make of that what you will.

a wrongun if Ive ever seen one

<_<

I did, I was of sound mind and I chose Sunderland.

You know why? Mainly because it was fucking cheap :lol: But also much of the competition is North Tyneside and some Team Valley so I pick up a fair bit of trade counter sales this side saving engineers the journey through the tunnel etc.

It's not all bad, every time we beat them I get to come here looking smug as owt <_<

What's ya annual turnover/profit margins [/noseytwat]

Last year our t/o was £5.5M. GP% is around 16% and Net% around 2.7 on basic trading before adjustment (bad debts, depreciation, stock write off blah blah).

...and it's your company? This time next year......

Aye it is.

19 miles in two hours, what the fuck were you on? A Penny Farthing

Fuck off :lol: It took me 25min to climb the first bastard hill. Lanchester to Maiden law. 1.5mile practically vertical!

elevation1100621balanced300x120.png

Runs his own business, Stevie, so he CHOSE to put it in Sunderland. Make of that what you will.

<_<

You know why? Mainly because it was fucking cheap :lol: But also much of the competition is North Tyneside and some Team Valley so I pick up a fair bit of trade counter sales this side saving engineers the journey through the tunnel etc.

It's not all bad, every time we beat them I get to come here looking smug as owt <_<

Last year our t/o was £5.5M. GP% is around 16% and Net% around 2.7 on basic trading before adjustment (bad debts, depreciation, stock write off blah blah).

Aye it is.

Why don't you buy a BMW then like most rich people do?

<_<

Aye it is.

Reet, i'm going tell ye were I am now, I like you and your attitude ken? I'm in

i'll give ye a packet of polos and a bag of salt&vinegar disco's for 45%

duncan-bannatyne.jpg

Make it worcester sauce or chilli

:(

Aye it is.

<_<

Hang on, what makes you think Im rich? <_<

I take a wage / dividend but nowt daft. No point in bleeding the company.

Edited by JawD

I'm oot ye feckin chancer, i started off with an icecream van ye ken?

Fucking salt n vinegar, thats so 1980's, need to keep up with the times!

I'm oot ye feckin chancer, i started off with an icecream van ye ken?

Fucking salt n vinegar, thats so 1980's, need to keep up with the times!

It's Maldon sea salt and organic balsamic vinaigrette these days dahling

Aye it is.

<_<

£5.5m t/o 16% GP. That's £850k GP. You have to be paying yourself £100,000 p/a surely!?!?

Aye it is.

<_<

£5.5m t/o 16% GP. That's £850k GP. You have to be paying yourself £100,000 p/a surely!?!?

Do you need a BDM?

We need a poll.

Do you consider yourself:

A) Skint.

B: Get by just about alright.

C) I've got a nice comfortable income.

D) Fucking loaded, me like.

E) I prefer not to say and will privately PM Stevie my financial details at a more convenient time.

(Fuck me, it took long enough to get rid of the smiley face with the gepps, there!) :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman

I think 99% of people on here lead a priveledged life compared to most people in the world. There'll be an Indian in a field somewhere getting chased of tigers in a field trying to farm some land for 2p a day, and there's more of them than there are us, who moan about base rates going up etc.. That's how I look at it. Even having the internet is a luxury we naturally seem to expect.

Aye it is.

<_<

nah. Not that I'd say on here, but nah.

I think 99% of people on here lead a priveledged life compared to most people in the world. There'll be an Indian in a field somewhere getting chased of tigers in a field trying to farm some land for 2p a day, and there's more of them than there are us, who moan about base rates going up etc.. That's how I look at it. Even having the internet is a luxury we naturally seem to expect.

You're spot on there, Stevie. We really should feel lucky in a way, I suppose. Luckily Raleigh have been donating second hand bikes for years to the developing World to try to eradicate this very thing.

raleightiger.jpg

lionbike.jpg

You're spot on there, Stevie. We really should feel lucky in a way, I suppose. Luckily Raleigh have been donating second hand bikes for years to the developing World to try to eradicate this very thing.

raleightiger.jpg

lionbike.jpg

:lol:

If that was Shola raleigh or nee raleigh he'd be fucked.

• 1 year later...

Has anybody been watching the British Cycling Road to Glory series on Sky Atlantic? I've got the first 3 episodes to catch up on but I think I'm going to watch them all tomorrow. :)

Has anybody been watching the British Cycling Road to Glory series on Sky Atlantic? I've got the first 3 episodes to catch up on but I think I'm going to watch them all tomorrow. :)

I've heard about this, but I cannot stand Brailsford, he's a cock. Let us know what its like.

Watched the one last week, it was decent. Driven, single-minded and determined people can come over as cocks, Brailsford seemed alright on it. The one I saw focused on the Tour of Norway and the Paris Roubaix race.

There is no doubt the success Brailsford has brought British Cycling and yeh, I suppose to have that focus etc you do have to be ruthless to some degree. He has though had some criticism from certain areas of BC.

If it has P-R on it I think I may have to watch it :D

Yeah its been class. The graft these blokes put themselves through is incredible, and the injuries they pick up and then just get back on the bike the next day. Unreal.

The attention to detail in the preparations too man. Switching out the beds in their hotel rooms to make sure they're always sleeping on the same pillows/mattresses/covers.

Another nail in the coffin of football in my house.

The attention to detail in the preparations too man. Switching out the beds in their hotel rooms to make sure they're always sleeping on the same pillows/mattresses/covers.

Another nail in the coffin of football in my house.

Yet if it was a footballer who was demanding that his own bed and pillows be brought with him wherever he traveled then he'd be called a prima donna.