What mood are you in and why?

catmag

Liberated.

When I had my Sky installed years ago, they put a multiroom box in the bedroom. There was no phone line in the room, and therefore that box has never had a phone line plugged into it. Sky have now decided that they are going to charge me £50 for violating their t&cs. I've told them to fuck off, ththeir was their engineer that violated the t&cs, and that if they don't cancel the charge, I'll get my service from someone else.

The problem was that there's no Virgin in my area andI don't have an outside aerial for BT Vision, so I was concerned it was gonna be an empty threat. Anyway, I've discovered Freesat. I can just buy a Freesat+ HD box for around 200 quid, plug it into the existing cables from my Sky dish, and have telly with no monthly subscription charge. Obviously I don't get Sport or anything, but it's gonna save me about £80 a month, and I'll just get the things I can't watch through other means (which I basically do anyway). I can also get a standard def box for 30 quid for the bedroom.

So fuck you Rupert Murdoch. :razz:

Yeah, they said the multiroom box has to be connected to a phone line at all times, and this is basically a "violation" charge. I haven't even got into what exactly their thinking is behind the numbers or anything. No point cos you're basically dealing with morons on the phone. Everyone I've spoken to so far though says that they won't be able to do anything about getting the charge off my account because it relates to violation of their terms nd conditions. I've told them that's fine, but that for the sake of 50quid they're about to lose the 1000 quid or so they get off me per year. Just thinking that I spend a grand a year on telly, and download most of the stuff I actually enjoy makes me tempted to fuckthem off anyway.

You could get BT Vision and add SS1 and 2 to that, and pay a canny bit less than you probably do currently.

Btw, Netflix is now available in the UK on Xbox,PS3, Wii for 5.99 a month if anyone is interested.

Liberated.

When I had my Sky installed years ago, they put a multiroom box in the bedroom. There was no phone line in the room, and therefore that box has never had a phone line plugged into it. Sky have now decided that they are going to charge me £50 for violating their t&cs. I've told them to fuck off, ththeir was their engineer that violated the t&cs, and that if they don't cancel the charge, I'll get my service from someone else.

The problem was that there's no Virgin in my area andI don't have an outside aerial for BT Vision, so I was concerned it was gonna be an empty threat. Anyway, I've discovered Freesat. I can just buy a Freesat+ HD box for around 200 quid, plug it into the existing cables from my Sky dish, and have telly with no monthly subscription charge. Obviously I don't get Sport or anything, but it's gonna save me about £80 a month, and I'll just get the things I can't watch through other means (which I basically do anyway). I can also get a standard def box for 30 quid for the bedroom.

So fuck you Rupert Murdoch.

I did advise you to do this last year!

The best box is the humax one and if you stick a little wireless widget in the back you can get I player etc.

First day back at work today since December 9 2011, am tired, me managers been sacked in the meantime and I could quite easily never work again if I had a good stream of income coming in. I love being lazy.

Seems to be a shit time for a lot of people on here atm. I'm no exception, had some work issues for the past 4 months that have probably been the worst 4 months of my professional life. Will be over on Wednesday and Im looking forward to enjoying the year after that

Liberated.

The best box is the humax one and if you stick a little wireless widget in the back you can get I player etc.

Aye cheers CT. Been looking into it, and it's a toss up between the Humax and a Samsung that has come out since the Humax. The Samsung won the whathifi award in 2011, whereas the Humax won it in 2010. The bigger HD on the Samsung might be tempting me!

Liberated.

Aye cheers CT. Been looking into it, and it's a toss up between the Humax and a Samsung that has come out since the Humax. The Samsung won the whathifi award in 2011, whereas the Humax won it in 2010. The bigger HD on the Samsung might be tempting me!

Aye looks canny. I have the samsung blu ray which works as a media hub like this one and its great being able to wirelessly watch anything on the computer on the TV.

Only downside is that the samsung only records one channel at a time where as the Samsung records two. Doesnt sound much but when you consider a lot of the decent TV is on between 8 and 11 then quite often it is very useful.

Much better than paying the Sky Thieves.

Sky pulled the line shit with me a couple of years ago. The connection to my upstairs box had become loose which to me was a good enough reason but not to them. Ended up sticking it out and did without them for a few weeks then they backed down.

Just finished the most evil bastard project for work, it's been hanging over my head all through Christmas/New Year. I know you shouldn't let things like that affect you but now that it's done I'm properly drained. What's the earliest in the day you can legitimately buy beer from the corner shop without garnering sympathetic/worried glances?

Just finished the most evil bastard project for work, it's been hanging over my head all through Christmas/New Year. I know you shouldn't let things like that affect you but now that it's done I'm properly drained. What's the earliest in the day you can legitimately buy beer from the corner shop without garnering sympathetic/worried glances?

Need to dress it up as a supermarket shop :lol:

Liberated.

So fuck you Rupert Murdoch. :razz:

Deal with these calls every day, you would have got 3 warning letters before the charge was applied, if you had of listened to the first letter you wouldn't have been charged. Take your oil basically, ps you'll be happy to know sky only charge 40% of people violating to stop call centres getting too busy :)

Sick as fuck - literally and figuratively - been off for two days with a horrendous case of food poisoning - vomited the way though Monday night and spent last night and today shiiting what feels like sulphiric acid - my poor arse.

Absolutely starving but afraid to eat.

felt like I've wasted the day, didn't wake up until 10, got back from the gym at 11:30 ish and lay on the sofa for a bit, woke up at 16:00. Had to rush around doing the normal boring shit that you have to do, (laundry and tidying) now a casual day has been morphed into a brief spell of furious activity.

<_<